CH.6 Playroom?

50 shades of park (공원)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyomin opens the passenger door to the black Audi SUV, and I clamber in.  It’s a beast of a car. She hasn’t mentioned the outburst of passion that exploded in the elevator.  Should I?  Should we talk about it or pretend that it didn’t happen?  It hardly seems real, my first proper no-holds-barred kiss. As time ticks on, I assign it mythical, Arthurian legend, Lost City of Atlantis status.  It never happened, it never existed.  Perhaps I imagined it all.  No. I touch my lips, swollen from her kiss.  It definite happened.  I am a changed woman.  I want this woman, desperately, and she wanted me. I glance at her. Hyomin is her usual polite, slightly distant self. How confusing.She starts the engine and reverses out of her space in the parking lot.  She switches on the MP3 player.  The car interior is filled with the sweetest, most magical music of two people singing.  Oh wow… all my senses are in disarray, so this is doubly affecting.  It sends delicious shivers up my spine.  Hyomin pulls out on to SW Street, and she drives with easy, lazy confidence.

For a feeting moment, she seems her age; young, carefree, and heart-stoppingly beautiful.  Is this the key to her?  Music?  I sit and listen to the angelic voices. It’s a gentle, slow, sweet. The music is interrupted by the sound of a cell phone ringing over the MP3 speakers.  Hyomin hits a button on the steering wheel.“Park,” she snaps.  She’s so fierce. “Ms. park, it’s Zen here.  I have the information you require.” A rasping, disembod-ied voice comes over the speakers.“Good.  Email it to me.  Anything to add?”“No ma’am.” She presses the button, then the call ceases and the music is back.  No goodbye or thanks.  I’m so glad that I never seriously entertained the thought of working for her.  I shudder at the very idea.  She’s just too controlling and cold with her employees.  The music cuts off again for the phone.“Park.”“The file has been emailed to you, Ms. Park.” A woman’s voice.“Good.  That’s all, Kim.”“Good day, ma’am.”Hyomin hangs up by pressing a button on the steering wheel.  The music is on very briefy when the phone rings again.  Holy hell, is this her life, constant nagging phone calls?“Park,” she snaps.“Hi, Hyomin, d’you get laid?”“Hello, Joon – I’m on speaker phone, and I’m not alone in the car,” Hyomin sighs.“Who’s with you?”Hyomin rolls her eyes.  “Park Jiyeon.”“Hi, Jiyeon!”

“Hello, Joon.”

“Heard a lot about you,” Joon murmurs huskily.  Hyomin frowns.“Don’t believe a word Soyeon says.”

Joon laughs.“I’m dropping Jiyeon off now.” Hyomin emphasizes my name.  “Shall I pick you up?”

“Sure.”

“See you shortly.” Hyomin hangs up, and the music is back.“Why do you insist on calling me Jiyeon?”

“Because it’s your name.”

“I prefer Ji.”

“Do you now?” She murmurs. We are almost at my apartment.  It won’t taken long. “Jiyeon,” she muses.  I scowl at her, but she ignores my expression.  “What happened in the elevator - it won’t happen again, well, not unless it’s premeditated.” She pulls up outside my duplex.  I belatedly realize she’s not asked me where I live - yet she knows.  But then she sent the books, of course she knows where I live.  What able, cell-phone-tracking, helicopter owning, stalker wouldn’t.  Why won’t she kiss me again?  I pout at the thought.  I don’t understand. Honestly, her surname should be Cryptic, not Park.  She climbs out of the car, walking with easy, long-legged grace round to my side to open the door. Her long legs. I flush at the memory of on mine, and the thought that I’d been unable to touch her enters my mind.  I wanted to run my fingers through her smooth, silky hair, but I’d been unable to move my hands.  I am retrospectively frustrated.“I liked what happened in the elevator,” I murmur as I climb out of the car.  I’m not sure if I hear an audible gasp, but I choose to ignore it and head up the steps to the front door. Soyeon and Joon are sitting at our dining table.  The fourteen-thousand-dollar books have disappeared.  Thank heavens.  I have plans for them.  She has the most un-Soyeon ridiculous grin on her face, and she looks mussed up in a y kind of way.  Hyomin follows me into the living area, and in spite of her I’ve-been-having-a-good-time-all-night grin, Soyeon eyes her suspiciously.“Hi Ji.” She leaps up to hug me, then holds me at arm’s length so she can examine me.  She frowns and turns to Hyomin.“Good morning, Hyomin,” she says, and her tone is a little hostile.“Miss Park Soyeon,” she says in her stiff formal way.“Soyeon, her name is Soyeon,” Joon grumbles.“Just, Soyeon.” Hyomin gives her a polite nod and glares at Joon who grins and rises to hug me too.“Hi, Ji,” he smiles, his blue eyes twinkling, and I like him immediately.  He’s obviously nothing like Hyomin, but then they’re adopted siblings.“Hi, Joon,” I smile at him, and I’m aware that I’m biting my lip.“Joon, we’d better go.” Hyomin says mildly.“Sure.” He turns to Soyeon and pulls her into his arms and gives her a long lingering kiss.  Jeez… get a room.  I stare at my feet, embarrassed.  I glance up at Hyomin, and she’s watching me intently.  I narrow my eyes at her.  Why can’t you kiss me like that?  Joon continues to kiss Soyeon, sweeping her off her feet and dipping her in a dramatic hold so that her hair touches the ground as she kisses her hard.“Laters, baby,” he grins.  Soyeon just melts.  I’ve never seen her melt before – the words comely and compliant come to mind.  Compliant Soyeon, boy, Joon must be good.  Hyomin rolls her eyes and stares down at me, her expression unreadable, although maybe she’s mildly amused.  She tucks a stray strand of my hair that has worked its way free from my ponytail behind my ear.  My breath hitches at the contact, and I lean my head slightly into her fingers.  Her eyes soften, and she runs her thumb across my lower lip.  My blood sears in my veins.  And all too quickly, her touch is gone.“Laters, baby,” She murmurs, and I have to laugh because it’s so unlike her.  But even though I know she’s being irreverent, the endearment tugs at something deep inside me.  “I’ll pick you up at eight.” She turns to leave, opening the front door and stepping out on to the porch.  Joon follows him to the car but turns and blows Soyeon another kiss, and I feel an unwelcome pang of jealousy.“So, did you?” Soyeon asks as we watch them climb into the car and drive off, the burning curiosity evident in her voice.“No,” I snap irritably, hoping that will halt the questions.  We head back into the apartment.  “You obviously did, though.” I can’t contain my envy.  Soyeon always manages to ensnare men.  She is irresistible, beautiful, y, funny, forward… all the things that I’m not.  But her answering grin is infectious.“And I’m seeing her again this evening.” She claps her hands and jumps up and down like a small child.  She cannot contain her excitement and happiness, and I can’t help but feel happy for her.  A happy Soyeon… this is going to be interesting.“Hyomin is taking me to town this evening.”“Town?”

“Yes.”

“Maybe you will then?”

“Oh, I hope so.”

“You like her then?”

“Yes.”

“Like her enough to… ?”

“Yes.” She raises her eyebrows.  “Wow.  Park Jiyeon, finally falling for someone, and it’s Park Hyomin – hot, y billionaire.”“Oh yeah – it’s all about the money.” I smirk, and we both fall into a fit of giggles.“Is that a new blouse?” she asks, and I let her have all the unexciting details about my night.“Has she kissed you yet?” she asks as she makes coffee.I blush.

“Once.”

“Once!” she scoffs.I nod, rather shame faced.  

“She’s very reserved.”She frowns.

“That’s odd.”

“I don’t think odd covers it really,” I murmur.

“We need to make sure you’re simply irresistible for this evening,” she says with de-termination.  Oh no… this sounds like it will be time consuming, humiliating, and painful.“I have to be at work in an hour.”

“I can work with that timeframe.  Come on.” Soyeon grabs my hand and takes me into her bedroom.The day drags at work even though we’re busy.  We’ve hit the summer season, so I have to spend two hours restocking the shelves once the shop is closed.  It’s mindless work, and it gives me too much time to think.  I’ve not really had a chance all day.  Under Soyeon’s tireless and frankly intrusive instruction, my legs and underarms are shaved to perfection, my eyebrows plucked, and I am buffed all over.  It has been a most unpleasant experience.  What else will she expect?  I have to convince Soyeon that this is what I want to do.  For some strange reason, she doesn’t trust her, maybe because she’s so stiff and formal.  She says she can’t put her finger on it, but I have promised to text her when I arrive in Town.  I haven’t told her about the helicopter, she’d freak.I also have the Eunjung issue.  She’s left three messages and seven missed calls on my cell.  She’s also called home twice.  Soyeon has been very vague as to where I am.  She’ll know she’s covering for me.  Soyeon doesn’t do vague.  But I have decided to let Eunjung stew.  I’m still too angry with her. Hyomin mentioned some kind of written paperwork, and I don’t know if she was joking or if I’m going to have to sign something.  It’s so frustrating trying to guess.  And on top of all the angst, I can barely contain my excitement or my nerves.  Tonight’s the night!  After all this time, am I ready for this?  My inner goddess glares at me, tapping her small foot impatiently.  She’s been ready for this for years, and she’s ready for anything with Park Hyomin, but I still don’t understand what she sees in me… mousey Park Jiyeon- it makes no sense. She is punctual, of course, and waiting for me when I leave my workplace .  She climbs out of the back of the Audi to open the door and smiles warmly at me.“Good evening, Miss Park,” she says.“Ms. Park Hyomin.” I nod politely to her as I climb into the backseat of the car.  Zen is sitting in the driver’s seat.“Hello, Zen” I say.“Good evening, Miss Park Jiyeon,” his voice is polite and professional.  Hyomin climbs in the other side and clasps my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze that I feel all the way though my body.“How was work?” She asks.“Very long,” I reply, and my voice is husky, too low, and full of need.

“Yes, it’s been a long day for me too.”  Her tone is serious.“What did you do?” I manage.“I went hiking with Joon .” Her thumb my knuckles, back and forth, and my heart skips a beat as my breathing accelerates.  How does she do this to me?  She’s only touching a very small area of my body, and the hormones are flying.The drive to the heliport is short and, before I know it, we arrive.  I wonder where the fabled helicopter might be.  We’re in a built-up area of the city and even I know helicopters need space to take off and land.  Zen parks, climbs out, and opens my car door.  Hyomin is beside me in an instant and takes my hand again.“Ready?” She asks.  I nod and want to say for anything, but I can’t articulate the words as I’m too nervous, too excited.“Zen.” She nods curtly at her driver, and we head into the building, straight to a set of elevators.  Elevator!  The memory of our kiss this morning comes back to haunt me.  I have thought of nothing else all day.  Daydreaming at the register at work.  Twice my manager had to shout my name to bring me back to Earth.  To say I’ve been distracted would be the understatement of the year. Hyomin glances down at me, a slight smile on her lips.  Ha!  She’s thinking about it too.“It’s only three floors,” she says dryly, her entrancing brown eyes dancing with amusement.  She’s telepathic surely.  It’s spooky.  I try to keep my face impassive as we enter the elevator.  The doors close, and it’s there, the weird electrical attraction crackling between us, enslaving me.  I close my eyes in a vain attempt to ignore it.  She tightens her grip on my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter