Eunhyuk 1/1

Eunhyuk [One Shot]

To say that Kyuhyun is jealous of Eunhyuk is an understatement. His feelings towards the guy transcends mere jealousy that one step could mark it as pure hatred. The question is: why? Eunhyuk was not exactly handsome as Yesung, nor does his body competes with Siwon, he isn’t much of the idol look like Donghae and he doesn’t have that charisma of Heechul. So what makes Super Junior’s evil magnae resent the dancing machine? What makes him almost hate his hyung?

One answer, simple and clear as day: Lee Sungmin.

Kyuhyun knows that five years of being roommates with Sungmin could not amount to almost a decade of friendship. Sometimes, Kyuhyun is too convinced that Sungmin and Eunhyuk had shared more than what is of friendship. He isn’t stupid to believe that what they held was platonic, maybe at present yes, but he had seen them before, especially during their trainee days. Kyuhyun was out of the picture, he didn’t even know the two existed back then but he had seen the photos, heard the stories, and watched videos.

Sungmin and Eunhyuk did have something before, call it a mutual understanding or exclusively dating, he doesn’t care, but Sungmin was once Eunhyuk’s. This makes his blood boil and irks him to the point that he had shout at Heechul twice, hit Kangin once and curse at Yesung over trivial matters from time to time. He didn’t go unscathed with all those mood swings but he cared less. He is too busy spying on the two to even whine on his own bruises.

His heart would shatter whenever he learns that Sungmin slept over Eunhyuk’s room or cook for the guy, fix his closet and other things he seldom does for the magnae. Kyuhyun almost burned their dorm when he caught Sungmin coming out of the shower, followed by Eunhyuk, silly smiles plastered on their faces. And most importantly, whenever they have their petty fight, it would always be Eunhyuk who would comfort Sungmin, he would be there, all on open arms for his hyung. Shindong would be there too, but he won’t be as clingy as the other and he would be talking about as a friend, a freaking older brother, and not an overly mushy boyfriend.


It would always be Eunhyuk this, Eunhyuk that for Sungmin and slowly, Kyuhyun fails to notice that the anger is becoming painful and the hatred is being overshadowed by sadness. Even on guestings, radio shows and concerts, it seems that HyukMin couple could always fit in everywhere, and fans love it the most. Kyuhyun is still a kid after all, and call it immaturity he doesn’t care, he loves Sungmin and he hates having to share him with Eunhyuk, much more when Eunhyuk gets more than half of the share.

 

He is lying on his bed alone, waiting for Sungmin when he hears boisterous giggles from outside. Living with the same people for almost 6 years, Kyuhyun well knows to whom the laughter belong and he has to dig his face onto a pillow to hide his frustrated scream.

Sungmin was still chuckling when he enters their shared room, a good night thrown to his best friend immediately. Kyuhyun pretends to be asleep, listening to Sungmin’s movements across the room.

“Didn’t fix the table again,” he hears Sungmin murmur. Kyuhyun is a brat, he is lazy and like that, and probably it’s his attitude that Sungmin despise the most, probably why Sungmin chose Eunyuk over him. And he hates the fact that despite knowing this, he doesn’t pull an effort to change, to change for Sungmin.

Maybe it is his pride, that he wants Sungmin to like him for who he is not who he is not. Maybe it is something like that, but they’re friends, so Sungmin probably likes him as he is, but only, they’re friends. Kyuhyun’s head is starting to ache from thinking too much. Actually, he already has these series of headaches for the past days because of Sungmin.

He suddenly hears Sungmin singing, and his heart stops when he realises what song it is – Seven Years of Love. 

Kyuhyun’s song, not Down, not Say my Name or even Oppa Oppa. His heart is thumping even though he forces himself that it is mere luck¬¬ or something like that. But he loves hearing Sungmin’s sweet voice singing his song; it is like they’re meant to sing it together. Kyuhyun couldn’t wait for the day that he and Sungmin would be able to sing a duet together. At least at the end of the day, he still has Sungmin for him and him alone. Maybe one day he could teach himself of taking care of him better, to show him that there is more than Eunhyuk in Super Junior. Kyuhyun smiles at his thoughts and allows himself to be lulled to sleep by Sungmin’s wonderful voice.


*

“Kyuhyun, I bought a 2001 this time.” Sungmin enthusiastically tells him as soon as their recording was done. He can’t help but give out a sincere smile. Wine, the only thing he could share with Sungmin without anyone hindering. Kyuhyun couldn’t thank the gods any more for having Eunhyuk despise alcohol, at least this time around, Sungmin and him has something to have, to own… alone.

“Sure, hyung.” He mumbles almost too happily. “Let’s have that baby tonight.” And Sungmin nods at him that melts his heart more. He doesn’t know how but despite the jealousy, a simple smile from Sungmin makes him fall for the guy all over again, like it is a never ending cycle that Kyuhyun never gets tired of.

*


Kyuhyun is busily playing his game that night, waiting for Sungmin when the said man barges into the door with a bottle of wine in his hand. “I won, Kyu!” he says as he jumps on the younger’s bed. Kyuhyun couldn’t miss the soft thud inside his chest as the older wraps an arm around his shoulder. His body tenses.

“What did you win, hyung?” he pauses his game and stares at Sungmin’s beautiful eyes. Kyuhyun would want to forever be locked up in those shining black orbs.

“I won over a bet that Wookie would make pumpkin soup today and Hyukkie lost!” Kyuhyun frowns at the sound of the name. He immediately knew what is up and all he wants is to throw his laptop, yes, his laptop, to Eunhyuk’s face. “Hyukkie’s drinking this,” Sungmin wiggles the bottle on the air. “With us!”

Kyuhyun pulls out the urge not the throw the bottle onto the window. He tries his best onto holding on a retort, a sarcastic approach, all for Sungmin. And thankfully, all he did is to let out a shaky sigh. He pushes his laptop close and stands up, not really bothering that Sungmin’s hands glide down his back.

“Okay… Where’s Eunhyuk hyung, then?” he asks, almost casually. Sungmin does not notice the irritation in his voice. “I want to get this over, I’m really tired.”

“Min, do I have to?” a downtrodden Eunhyuk enters their room and all Kyuhyun wants that moment is to punch this skinny guy.

“Oh, Hyukkie, you have to. You lost the bet and you refuse to hand over a single bill, so two glasses of this baby!”

Kyuhyun hates how Sungmin is all too gleeful whenever it comes to Eunhyuk, he hates how close the two are so much. He hates how Sungmin addresses their “baby” as baby in front of Eunhyuk like he is allowing him to be a part of it as well. Wine is the only thing they’ve got in common, the reason why they stay inside the same room, and now, Eunhyuk has to snatch it away from him, once again. Kyuhyun does not anymore know what to do so he walks away, slamming the door in the process.

“Kyu! Where are you heading?” Sungmin runs after him, worry evident in his dark eyes. “Kyu?”

“I’m heading out for a while. Don’t wait for me.” He grumbles.

“But… the wine…” Kyuhyun is too angry to digest the tinge of sadness in Sungmin’s voice. He raises his brow, releases a heavy sigh before speaking once again. Despite being too mad, he has no plans of raising his voice to Sungmin.

“You could share it with Eunhyuk hyung like you said. I’ll have some maybe tomorrow.” He turns away and leaves Sungmin alone, not really waiting for any reply from his most beloved hyung.

*

Kyuhyun stays at their house, reasoning that his mother was sick, although it is very much obvious that she’s not as she visits Kona Beans almost every day. He just needs an excuse because he really doesn’t know anymore what to do with Sungmin and Eunhyuk.

Their concert would be in two days, they have to fly to Taiwan soon. It is his favourite country, honestly. Taipei holds so many memories for both him and Sungmin together. Despite having Eunhyuk to ruin much of their moments in the SJ-M shows, he is thankful that Sungmin was able to spend time with him, depending on him because of the language they have to learn. He didn’t care back then if it was Sungmin’s mere purpose of hanging out with him or not. Having Sungmin with him was enough.

“Sungmin hyung is worried about you.” Ryeowook tells him as he fixes his things in their room, thankful that Sungmin has a schedule that day.

“What are you doing here? You should be upstairs.”

“I saw your car when I arrived, and took the opportunity to talk to you.”

“What’s the matter?”

Despite Leeteuk being their leader, Kyuhyun has Ryeowook as his mother figure amongst everyone. It is probably the eternal magnae’s sweet and caring nature that drew him up. Ryeowook was one of the first to approach him on his first day as well, being the youngest that time. Amongst all members, it is Ryeowook, and probably Yesung since Ryeowook tells everything to Yesung, who knows about his feelings towards Sungmin and his jealousy-slowly-turning-hatred towards Eunhyuk.

“You left the dorm without any concrete reason. Sungmin hyung told me that you walked away one day and you never returned. It has been three weeks, Kyu.”

“I miss my home, my bed… I just want some time to fully rest and I can’t do that in here.”

“Sungmin hyung thinks you’re angry at him.” Ryeowook sits beside him. “Kyu, I know what you’re going through. Sungmin hyung is worried already, why not be honest to him?”

“What are you talking about?” He denies, standing up and fixing the last bit of baggage. “I’m not angry at Sungmin.”

“Then why don’t you tell him you’re freaking head over heels in love with him. If Heechul hyung was here, he’ll pull your tongue out until you speak of the truth.”

He lets out a defeated sigh. Ryeowook could be less deadly than Heechul but he no less wise. And he knows Kyuhyun too much, too much that the younger obviously admits defeat to him most. “Wookie, I’m… scared. Sungmin doesn’t see me like that. He… he…”

“He shared our wine with Eunhyuk. That was the last card I have of Sungmin, and Eunhyuk has to take it all away.” He sighs in defeat. “Obviously, I have no chance on him anymore.”

“How would you know? You never told him. I thought you’re a genius, Kyu.”

“He likes Eunhyuk than me.”

“Whatever Sungmin hyung and Eunhyuk hyung had is already part of a huge past, they’re friends now… they-”

Kyuhyun looks at Ryeowook utterly surprised. He has hunches of it already but hearing it being confirmed like that was like adding salt to the open wound. So it is true, Sungmin and Eunhyuk did have something before, before Kyuhyun came. And being friends right now doesn’t mean the past couldn’t be returned. Kyuhyun felt his heart shatter; he is finally defeated in this battle even without the official commencement.

“Kyu… I…” Ryeowook’s loose mouth is sometimes handy, sometimes it isn’t. But it is better for Kyuhyun to know of the truth any way.

“It’s not your fault, Wookie. You just told me the truth.” He forces a smile as he walks out of the room with his small baggage. As he steps out of the dorm room, he stops as a familiar figure appears from the far end of the corridor. Curse Kyuhyun’s fate.

“Kyu!” Sungmin calls him. “Kyu, you’re back! Are you…” Sungmin’s voice fades as he noticed the bag the magnae is holding. This is a great opportunity for Kyuhyun to walk away.

“I’ll be staying at home for the mean time.” He says casually. “I’ll see you at the flight, hyung.”

“Kyu…” He doesn’t bother to turn back, nor does he bother to answer. His heart was dying with every step, and he just have to avoid him for the time being.

*

Ryeowook is gulping a banana when he decides to seat beside his best friend, earning a glare from his Yesung hyung. “The flight haven’t started, you have finished four bananas already.”

The smaller man giggled at him as he takes another piece. “Kyu, why aren’t you sitting with Sungmin hyung? You two always sit together.”

He rolls his eyes in obvious sarcasm nodding his head towards Sungmin and Eunhyuk seated together not far behind. He has no plans of talking to the guy, no plans of reconciling because he did not fight with him anyway; he’s plainly avoiding them. He shrugs a little as he glues his earphones onto his lobes, ignoring the eternal magnae’s lectures.

When Sungmin's Aa no Tameni suddenly plays, Kyuhyun chose the time to drift to sleep, listening to his hyung's voice, the voice he misses so much. He dreams of Sungmin, Sungmin smiling at him at the plane ride, Sungmin watching him play through his phone, Sungmin singing beside him and Sungmin offering him food to eat. He dreams of Sungmin and…

“Kyuhyun, we’re landing. Wake your crazy before the flight attendant kills you.” Ryeowook’s voice echoed in his ear as the music stopped. He was just having a very good dream and his best friend ruined it.

“Thanks, Wook.” And Ryeowook smiles at him, not noticing the sarcasm in it.

“I’m rooming with Yesung tonight. So go find a roommate, okay!”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes as he chooses amongst the remaining members to room with hoping against hope that Siwon or Donghae aren’t rooming together.

*

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asks, obviously surprised. Siwon had agreed to room with him. Siwon could never say no to him, he is his favourite dongsaeng after all.

“I asked Siwon to exchange with me,” Sungmin says quietly. Kyuhyun missed that voice, especially when it’s speaking directly to him not from a recorded song which now part of his daily life. It has been three weeks, and it has been torture. “I… I missed you, you know.”

His heart clenches with the words. He tries his best to lock his eyes up the television, anything but Sungmin’s. What was that all about?

“Are you mad at me, Kyu?” Sungmin finally asks. He sits beside him, almost too close actually, and the younger couldn’t help but panic.

He forces a laugh, a shaky one, and speaks, “What makes you say that? I’m not angry with you.”

“You’re avoiding me.”

“I’m not.”

“You left the dorm.”

“Mom was feeling lonely.”

“You’re not talking to me seriously, what is wrong with you?”

Sungmin voice raises a pitch and Kyuhyun knows that his hyung is annoyed. “Sungmin,” he tries to calm down, to hold down his voice, and speak lightly. Sungmin never wants aggressive conversations. “I’m not mad. I… I just need space.” His brows crunches at his own words, what was he saying? He's talking as if they're in a romantic relationship wherein one party starts to get tired of the other. Kyuhyun would never get tired of Sungmin.

A painful silence filled the room. Then Sungmin cackles a bit, before speaking.

“Why?” Sungmin’s voice is so soft he had trouble hearing him. “Is my presence constricting for you?”

Kyuhyun panics more than ever. He is hurting his hyung, even as a friend, he has no plans of hurting Sungmin. Surely they had fought before, over petty matters and differences, but it could easily be resolve, this, however, is a misunderstanding that could grow bigger anytime, Sungmin’s presence would never ever be to constricting for him. Never. His eyes widen in realisation.

“I… Sungmin, that’s not…”

“I see.” Sungmin stands up and walks away, head low in utter disappointment. This is not the way he planned it.

That very moment, Kyuhyun forgets the thought of becoming Sungmin’s boyfriend or whatever, what matters that time is their friendship, their treasured relationship, whatever that is. He isn’t prepared to lose Sungmin, not even Sungmin as a brother, or a friend, or a lover. Screw his life. He jumps out of where he is seated and takes the smaller man in his arms feeling his back warm against his chest.

“No, don’t go. I’m sorry.” His head is sinking deep into Sungmin’s shoulder. “Sungmin, I was stupid… angry and jealous.”

“Jealous?” He suddenly senses a tinge of curiosity and interest in his hyung’s voice. “Why would you be jealous…?”

He heaves another sigh before freeing Sungmin of his hold, a bit confident that his hyung won’t walk-out on him any minute. “I…” he starts, heart pounding a thousand fold, like sledgehammers breaking his chest. “ I was jealous and angry… with… Eunhyuk.”

“Hyukjae?”

He doesn’t speak not until Sungmin catches his eye and urges him to continue. Sungmin is too nosy, he won’t let this slip away. This probably is Kyuhyun’s day to confess. Mustering all the courage inside his tightened chest was difficult. And in one blow, he let it all out.

“You’re too close to him; you’re so into him, you neglect me.” He starts. “I hate it when you’re too close, when you choose him over me, when you… when you treat him like there’s something more between you two. I hate it all, how you shower together, dine together, sleep together, play together, shop together… I hate it when you share our wine with him, I hate it… I hate it all because I’m so into you that I hate sharing you because I like you, and I hate it how every day, I just keep on falling and falling…”

His words were cut when Sungmin clasped his mouth with his hand. He fails to notice how red his hyung is, how his eyes had rounded up widely, and how his plump lips were hanging low. Their gazes remain glued, not moving, not blinking. And Kyuhyun’s senses were awaken when Sungmin lowered his hands slowly, freeing his locked mouth.

“You… you like me?”

Kyuhyun could only nod in utter embarrassment.

He did not see Sungmin’s reaction, his kept his eyes hidden in his unruly bangs, and he did not dare look at his hyung’s eyes, no, he was too scared for that. Not until Sungmin jumped around the room like a stupid rabbit and ran out, dragging Kyuhyun with him. The next thing the magnae knew, they are in Eunhyuk and Siwon’s shared room and Sungmin is shaking the dancing machine like there’s no tomorrow.

Up until the end, it was Eunhyuk that matters to Sungmin. He must’ve run to the guy to have Kyuhyun punched or maybe the rejection would be easier when he sees it in flesh, how Eunhyuk and Sungmin are together.

“Hyuk! I can’t believe this, for once you're right!!”

“And you’re not happy about it?”

Kyuhyun decides to look at them and listen to their conversation, looking for something interesting in it, still somewhat scared.

“Silly! Of course, I am!” Sungmin jumps around the room and finally enveloped Kyuhyun in a hug, startling the magnae.

“Oh, Kyu! I should’ve listened to Eunhyuk! He told me you have something for me, but I did not believe him. I thought, I thought it was only me having a thing for you.”

Kyuhyun’s mind suddenly starts spinning and the words starts registering inside his fuzzy brain. Isn’t Sungmin rejecting him? Then why does his words sounded like a long-awaited confession. Could it be? Could it be that…?

“I told Sungmin you might like him and your silly roommate here did not believe me.” Eunhyuk tells him suddenly, his face plastered with that annoying smile once again, but this time, Kyuhyun doesn't find it that annoying anymore. “I told him I’ll bet 10 thousand bucks for your confession. Sungmin hyung was too confident you’re not in love with him and…”

“But that’s preposterous!” Kyuhyun could not hold back his tongue anymore. “How could you say I don't care about him? I... I totally love him, and he’s just too important to me I…” His eyes widen in realisation. Eunhyuk lets out another giggle.

“You really owe me that 10k, hyung.” He winks at Sungmin before pushing the two to the door. “Now you two lovebirds talk whatever you need to. We have a press conference in the afternoon.”

*

Kyuhyun has found the green curtains suddenly fascinating as he and Sungmin returns to their hotel room. His fingers are fiddling with his bag handle when Sungmin suddenly inches closer to his side and smiles at him.

“You really are the most awkward person I know, Cho Kyuhyun. Your confession was too obvious and yet you… you….” Sungmin scratches his head. “Ugh, I don’t know! I like you too!”

He hugs Kyuhyun, tighter than any hug the magnae had ever felt, and it is the greatest he had so far. He likes it and he like the person giving it to him. Then Sungmin's words sink in and all Kyuhyun could do is to stare at Sungmin and asks the question that has long been haunting his well-being.

“So you and Eunhyuk…?”

“We tried dating before, but… we are more of friends than lovers, so it didn’t work out. I didn’t know Eunhyuk was trying to be clingy to me to make you feel jealous until that day you ran away. I was so worried, Kyuhyun!”

“So… you…”

Sungmin continues, not bothering to answer Kyuhyun’s obvious question. “Eunhyuk told me you’re most probably jealous but I was too in denial. Sorry, I should’ve, you know, done this earlier.”

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin eyes him and Kyuhyun’s heart just fluttered in happiness by the mere sight. “I like you…. Or maybe more. I love you and I…”

Kyuhyun then kisses him, boldly pushing his lips onto Sungmin’s, trying to convey ever message in that single action. He had longed to do it, he was too clouded by anger and jealousy but now, now he is sure, Sungmin is wholly his. Eunhyuk would still take part of his share with Sungmin but only the part which everyone has his own share.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too."

He was stupid for being jealous; he was stupid for not trying to understand Sungmin. He was stupid for not listening to Ryeowook. He was stupid for getting angry with Eunhyuk. Or maybe not. Because if it weren't for his anger with Eunhyuk, he will never really have the gut to confess. And he and Sungmin would never be like this. And just like that, Eunhyuk suddenly becomes handy for Kyuhyun. :)

End