An Angered Angel?

Angel's Eyes

 



 

He fell in front of me straight from the sky, or ceiling to be exact. My jaw dropped drastically as my body dropped back onto my back. He totally caught me in surprise.

 

A pair of wings fell into my view as they wrapped his body for protection, flocks of white and black feathers intermixing and overlaying each other. I sat still there on the carpeted floor, my body still frozen upon such bizarre sight.

 

What --- Did I just witness here?

 

My eyes bulged out in utter surprise as he unwrapped his body from his own wings, revealing his body cladded with white and silver outfit. I saw through my wide opened eyes as he whined about something that I merely heard as grumbling gibberish, dusting off his wings before he shrunk them back into a large fold. His wings were so huge that the tips had flopped onto the ground, sweeping them clean as he took a few steps towards me.

 

Wait --- why is he coming towards me? Why is he looking at me like that?

 

I got anxious and frightened as he stepped closer, I’m pretty sure his face was scowling at me. I hastily scooted backward on my back with every step he took towards me.

 

“Yah!” It was the first sound he made since he fell, and it was definitely my first time hearing his voice. His voice was so beautiful and the sound was very beguiling to my ears, like it had this enchanting power to pull and demand me to keep on listening to his voice more. I stopped scooting back at his voice but was still on my back as I looked up to him. He was staring down at me, and his face was definitely still scowling.

 

“You.” He called out firm. He was nibbling on his lower lips as he crouched in front of me. His wings were spread opened as feathers fell off, gracefully swaying down onto the ground. I gulped thickly. His eyes were fixed on mine.

 

“Why did you call for me?” He voiced out. He frowned at me as he waited for my answer. And I was of course appalled and taken aback by his question, so I unknowingly returned a frown at him, confused.

 

“I – I didn’t c- call for you.” , why am I stuttering? Hell, why am I so nervous with him!? No no no, who is he?!

 

His frown turned deeper with my answer.

 

“You didn’t?” He asked me again. He looked as confused as I was. I just gave him a subtle nod as a respond. And with that, he pursed his lips into a small pout as he slightly pulled on his earlobe.

 

“Then why am I here?” There he asked.

 

I blinked my eyes at him, the crease on my forehead dug deeper.

 

“And… I’m supposed to know the answer?” I returned a question at him. This boy was starting to creep me out with all his questions. Wait, this is wrong. There should be nothing creepier than a human cladded with wings. This is Seoul. No, this is Earth. And it is already and still 2014. There shouldn’t be any angels in the past or in the present or even in the future.

.

.

.

 

Oh , did I just call him an angel?

 

 

But he didn’t wait long to return my question-like answer as he quickly responded to me.

 

“But I'm very certain that you had called me here! If not, why was I even here?!” He shrieked loudly as he leant in closer towards me. His face was too close to mine much to my liking. I could feel his warm breath hitching against my cold skin. And I kind of liked that feeling. Oh , can I curse now?

 

“Ha-ha-ha. This is getting reaaaally strange…” I sang a bit awkwardly as I scooted backward before I clumsily stood up again, nervously brushing off some invincible dust on my tailored black suit. He looked at me with a strange expression before he too stood up in front of me, his eyes never leaving my face and his wings flopped back. I bit on my lips as I added soon after.

 

“I’m sorry, Sir. But if this is a prank, I suggest you leave now to wherever you’re coming from. Leave before I call the security.” His eyes immediately widened when he heard my not-so-polite speech, gaping.

 

“You can’t do that! You’re the one who called me here!” He accused, pointing his thin finger at me. I quickly shook my head, denying his words, even denying my own thought as I was at it.

 

“I… I didn’t recall calling anyone to put on a Halloween costume to my office. It’s not even October yet. So, leave. Now.” I firmly said to him as I turned my back, walking to my table while clenching my fist. I felt a little guilty as I blurted those words. I didn’t really mean them. I wasn’t that stupid to know that his wings were real, hell, they were surreal even, but I chose to deny and I refused to believe. He was an abnormality in this world and even in my belief. As much as I wanted to treat him better for reasons I didn’t even know myself, my instinct just told me that I shouldn’t. My heart had been pounding heavily and beating so rapidly that I could feel it thumping strongly within my chest, waiting to jump out in any second. It had been doing that ever since he was here, and I knew it wouldn’t stop doing so as long as he was here, close to me.

 

He stared at me appalled, as though he couldn’t believe what he just heard.

 

“Did you just… insult my beautiful wings?!” His voice struck high as the scowl returned to his face. His milky white skin flushed a visible shade of red as he glared at me angrily.

 

 

Oh wow. What’s even greater than an angered man? Yup, no doubt. Definitely an angered angel.

 

 

His chest was heaving quite heavily and his wings were lifted up in the air, spreading wide open like an angry cat with its fur stood up. His wide eyes were slightly hidden behind his arching eyebrows as he tilted his head low, his chin touching on his slender neck.

 

He was glowering. At me. And he looked so cute with his lips pursing into that plump pout!

 

 

Okay. It’s official. I’m crazy. Solution? Yep, let’s run away.

 

 

He was about to lounge at me when I quickly ran out of my office and…. I swiftly locked the door from outside. His body’s momentum failed to gear for an abrupt halt and he crashed into the glass door. Hard.

 

“OUCH!” I heard him groaned in pain as he cupped his reddened and sore nose. A drop of tear was b around the corner of his eyes, looking like he was trying to withhold the pain due to the strong impact. I felt a little sorry to cause him that pain, but I was feeling even more sorrier for myself whom was about to feel the wrath of an angel.

 

He glowered at me angrily with his moistened eyes and I could only put up an apologetic look on my face as a guilty grin cropped up in an instance.

 

“YOU!!!” He screamed at me, his voice was pitching a high note. I bit on my lips as I clasped my hands together in front of him.

 

I really should apologize to him because the bumping sound just now was really loud and his red nose was enough of a proof that he had crashed into the door real hard. It must be painful. Yiks.

 

But his flushed face was numbing my tongue from blurting out an apology. He was scary! His face was scary, his opened wings were scary, his eyes were scary and everything about him right now was scary!

 

“Yah! Open the door right now!” He screamed again. I abruptly shook my head.

 

“No! You’ll attack me!” I barked back, my chest held up high faking confidence as I crossed my arms against my chest.

 

“Oh you got that right, you piece of ----! Open this door this instance and at least there will be something still left of your face!” He threatened. I grimaced at his words. He certainly did look like he could pull off a silent murder.

 

Should I open the door? Or should I not? ……… No! You don’t have to think, Leeteuk! Of course you shouldn’t! Who knows what he would do to you if you did!

 

I immediately shook my head hastily as though I was trying to clear up my mind.

 

“No, I wont open it!” I quickly made up my mind. But he only glowered at me even more intense than before. I swallowed down what seemed to be an invincible lump lodged in my throat.

 

But what if he kills me if I didn’t open the door? I thought

 

.……… Well, at least I could die.

 

“Don’t!” The angel suddenly shouted at me from behind the door. I blinked my eyes several times as I stared at his face. He wasn’t scowling anymore. Instead, he looked worried in my eyes. His flushed face quickly drained into a pale one. I frowned at him, confused.

 

“Don’t die!” He hastily added as both his hands palmed the glass door. And silence took over me.


“Whatever you’re thinking of, don’t you ever think of dying!” His words slowly sunk into my head.

 

“You can read my mind?!” I covered my parted mouth with my hand soon after. I was shocked and surprised. The other only shook his head, worries still visibly plastered all over his face.

 

“No, I don’t. But we can hear things.”

 

“Things?”

 

“Things that made us the Fallen Ones.”