Fooled By Love

Sky Full of Stars── A Oneshot Collection

❝ i    w  a  t  c  h  e  d    h  i  m    s  m  i  l  e  d  .  H  e    w  a  t  c  h  e  d    h  i  m    s  m  i  l  e  d  .  
H  e    w  a  t  c  h  e  d    a  n  o  t  h  e  r    h  i  m    s  m  i  l  e  d   . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jungkook! Look–"

 

"You're back!"

 

Again, I watched his smile faltered for the umpth time today. The maknae was ignoring him yet again. Jungkook was running towards the door happily, and it was not long before I know the reason why was he so happy.

 

Kim Taehyung.

 

He was the cause of Jimin's heartbreak.

 

And mine, too.

 

 

 

 

 

This was the day when Jimin's heart broke.

 

Jungkook, Jimin and I was in our dorm with the rest of my friends. It was 2 P.M. that day. My friends had went out somewhere and Jungkook was with Jimin outside in the backyard. I was having a relaxing time listening to some songs on my phone while heading towards the living room when Jimin came up to me suddenly with that happy glow on his face and said, "Jungkook asked me out!"

 

I swore that I heard something shattering into pieces, and I assumed it was my heart. I gulped at him nervously and put on a look which masked away my pain. I thank the heavens this once that Jimin was too oblivious to notice that my face fell at what he said. He was too excited, too happy.

 

I nodded stiffly as a response and turned to go back to my room, but Jimin just had to continue talking non-stop and I knew that I can't bare to ignore him. 

 

"Yoongi hyung, I'm so happy that Jungkook wants to be with me. I thought he hates me!"

 

I won't mind if he hates you. I buried the thought away deep inside my mind and faked a smile at him. I patted his head and he leaned towards my touch cutely, enjoying the feeling of me touching his hair. I resisted the urge of kissing him right there and there, because I know I had no right of doing so.

 

I don't even have the right to touch him.

 

"Jimin! Where are you?"

 

Jimin immediately turned towards the direction where the familiar voice came from, and my hand was forced to leave his beautiful, black fluffy hair. My hand fell limply to the side but it was not long before I clenched my fists tightly at the 'intruder'. I stared at Jungkook numbly as he grabbed Jimin's preciously delicate hand carelessly and pulled him outside the house to a yellow cab, "Come on!"

 

The last thing I heard was the tender voice of Jimin saying "Bye hyung!" before the door was slammed shut.

 

I didn't noticed that I had thrown my phone across the living room. It landed on the floor with a thud near the couch but I didn't bothered to go and pick it up. My mind had been clouded with frustrated anger and upset thoughts. How I wished I could just burst right through the door, chase the damn cab and pulled Jimin back to the house. Back to me. But I wished I had the courage to do that.

 

I wished I had the courage, the bravery to even wish that wish.

 

I then let out a small laugh. I was going crazy again. It was strange though, I remembered back then when Jimin praised me for how calm I was. He looked up to me because of my calmness and respected me as a hyung. But here was I, literally pulling my hair off because of my failure for not making a step earlier than Jungkook. There was nothing could bring me down to tears, to desperation, to corruption. But now, I had found the solution to what could possibly kill me, both physically and mentally. The reason that brings almost everyone to happy endings, but also brings everyone to heartbreaks and rejections; the reason that made sane people insane and drove them into their limits–

 

It was a powerful but cruel feeling called love.

 

And I was a victim.

 

 

 

 

 

At the same day, Jimin and Jungkook came back at 8 P.M. I locked myself in my room because I don't want to witness them acting all lovey-dovey in front of me. I might push them apart and punch Jungkook right in the face.

 

But then again, Jimin loved Jungkook and I loved him. Why would I break them apart? I would risk anything to make Jimin happy.

 

I leaned against the wall and stared at the picture of Jimin longingly which I took secretly without his notice a few days ago. I sighed and was about to tear the picture into two when I heard laughters. I regconized one of the voice immediately, it was Jungkook. But the other voice I heard was very unfamiliar. It was a boy, but I coudn't comprehand whose voice was it. I heard them laughed again and I stood up and walked towards the door, pressing my ear against it. They laughed yet again and I was able to confirm one thing–

 

Jimin was not there.

 

I frowned. I hesitated but decided to open the door and walked towards the source of the laughters–which was the living room, and I saw Jungkook cuddling with a boy on the couch. Lovesick smiles were plastered on their faces and I scoffed, not knowing why I was disgusted by the sight. I looked around but Jimin was no where to be found.

 

Seeming to notice my presence, the boy abruptly pushed Jungkook off of him, stood up and bowed at me respectfully. I clearly saw Jungkook's smile turned into a pout at the loss of the boy's embrace. The boy looked at me and smiled slightly.

 

"Hello. You must be Yoongi–"

 

"Taehyung, why did you–"

 

Taehyung. I forced that name into my memory so I won't forget it. Jungkook stopped in his sentence when he saw me. He quickly scrambled off the couch and stood beside Taehyung. I saw Jungkook nudged the boy and mumbled a "Why didn't you tell me he's here" to him before smiling nervously at me. "Um, hey, Yoongi hyung." he was obviously hiding something from me, judging by the way his smile didn't reach his eyes. I grunted at them as a response and questioned,

 

"Where's Jimin?"

 

I took notice that only Jungkook's body stiffened at my question. Taehyung was looking at me with a confused look, it was like he didn't even know who Jimin was. I wondered if he was acting natural or good at acting; I just can't bring myself to trust him. Not even a little. I raised an eyebrow at Jungkook, demanding an explanation.

 

 

 

 

 

I found myself running in the darkness through the eerie streets. It felt like I was blind; I can't see anything but black, black and more black. But I kept running. After hearing that son of a maknae's 'explanation', I didn't hesitate to punch him hard. He fell to the ground from the blow and Taehyung stared at me for a few seconds before helping Jungkook up on his feet. I ran out of the house right after that. I honestly don't know where I'm going or where he was, but I just let my heart guide me.

 

I don't know how but I somehow found where Jimin was. I skidded to a stop when I saw him leaning against a lamp post, the only source of light that illuminated the dark. He had his face buried in his hands and was crying miserably. My heart ached as his cries hiccuped its way out of his throat, and he tried his best to contain his cries. It was no use though, as he was crying louder and louder every second. I dragged my feet towards him and I felt his body tensed at my presence, but he did nothing to chase me away. I sat beside him and slung my arm over his shoulders, bringing him close to me. I felt his head moved and soon he was looking at me with those red, puffy eyes.

 

"Y-Yoongi h-hyung." he managed to croak.

 

I hummed lightly as a response and moved my hand to his hair, it lightly. He had calmed down a little and was now snuggling closer to me. We were drowned in a comfortable silence and I waited for Jimin to speak.

 

"Hyung.. Jungkook asked me out and I'm really happy." I signaled for him to continue even though I already knew the reason to his heartbreak and he did, "I am. I was really happy, you know." he managed to smile a little and I tried to ignore how sad and un-sincere the smile looked, "He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers. He even pressed the back of my hand against his cheek. He also kissed me, hyung. He gave me those tipsy kisses that made my heart fluttered and my heart beating abnormally like I just ran a marathon. He looked at me with those mesmerizing eyes of his lovingly that made me melted like ice. He gave me the feeling like I was the only person in the world–"

 

He stopped mid-sentence and I noticed that he was choking on his sobs. I patted and drew circles on his back soothingly. "..But I guess that was all just an act, huh? That was why he took me out to the shopping mall, to make his boyfriend jealous. He had a boyfriend all along, and yet he didn't tell me. He kept playing with me until his boyfriend could not take it anymore and confronted us–or more like confronted me. They.. kissed in front of me and I felt my entire world crashing down once again. His boyfriend even went as far as slipping his hands under Jungkook's shirt, I–"

 

Jimin coughed furiously at the memory and I patted him again. I drew him into a tight but reassuring hug and he responded back almost immediately. I whispered to him, saying that he didn't have to say anything anymore.

 

"Shh.. Jimin."

 

Jimin hugged me even tighter and he cried again, wetting my shirt but I didn't care. He said something to me and I widened my eyes at his confession.

 

"..I l-love you .."

 

My body went rigid and I believed him for a second. But then I shook my head quickly and held back the tears in my eyes that were forming.

 

I even thought at that moment, you really do love me.

 

But I was wrong.

 

Because I know, that I love you was meant for Jungkook, not me. You were like in a sober but drunken state, and you probably didn't know what you were saying and mumbling to me. You still loved him, even if he rejected you, destroyed you and brought you down to your knees. You were desperate for his love, but you two were not meant to be.

 

And so was you and I. We were like parallel lines, we will never reach each other no matter how hard we stretch. We can only look at each other from afar. I was foolish enough to even think that you love me, and I was really fooled by love.

 

 

 

..And I guessed you were fooled by love, too.