She's very lonely...

Here I am (Long Hiatus)

 Recap: "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Dongjun imnida," Dongjun said in his cute Busan accent.

 

He spotted Kyuyeon and smiled at her. Kyuyeon smiled back shyly. Kyungmi saw him smiling at Kyuyeon making her roll her eyes.

"Everyone please be kind to him and wish him a warm welcome if you see him around the practice rooms. Kyuyeon ah, follow me and Dongjun outside," said the CEO. Kyungmi's jaw dropped as Kyuyeon stood up and they walked outside.

"Lucky girl, but just wait until he finds out that she's a loner. Then he'll have to leave her alone and come looking for any other pretty girl here," commented Kyungmi's friend.

"Alright, let's practice!" said their dance teacher and everyone immediately stood up.

Once Dongjun and Kyuyeon were outside the Dance Room the CEO made them walk towards the elevator and pressed the button to the bottom floor.

"Kyuyeon ah, I'd like to introduce you to Dongjun. He'll be living right next to you, along with Kwanghee, Junyoung, Siwan, Taehun, Kevin and Minwoo," said CEO Shin. They exited the building but as Dongjun and Kyuyeon kept walking Shin stopped. They stopped walking and turned back to Shin.

"Shin-sshi...?" said Kyuyeon. Shin walked up to Kyuyeon and gave her a key.

"That's Dongjun's key, you walk him to the dorms, I have no time unfortunately," said Shin and walked back into the the building leaving Kyuyeon dumbfounded. Dongjun looked at her shocked face and smile.

'She's so cute...' thought Dongjun. Kyuyeon sighed and looked at him laughing.

"What is it?" asked Kyuyeon.

"Nothing, nothing, you just looked a little ridiculous for a moment," said Dongjun absent-mindedly trying to avoid the fact that he thought she is cute. Kyuyeon frowned for a moment until they continued walking to the dorm.

"So, uh, I never knew you were a trainee," said Dongjun, "you never told me."

"You never asked," said Kyuyeon.

"I'm from Busan as well," said Dongjun.

"Really? I never knew," said Kyuyeon.

"You never asked," said Dongjun and they laughed. The were at the front of the dorms and Kyuyeon opened the door. They entered and were surprised how messy it was.

"Wah, I've never entered this dorm before and I'm thinking..." said Kyuyeon.

"Thinking...?" asked Dongjun.

"That I might not visit this dorm again," said Kyuyeon smiling. Dongjun chuckled a little then looked around.

"I'm thinking the same thing, too bad I have to live here," said Dongjun cheekily. "But, thanks for showing me the way. You live right next door, right?"

"Yeah, but I live by myself," replied Kyuyeon.

"Cool, then I'll visit you any time I can," said Dongjun. "Again, it's nice to meet you."

"Neh, nice to meet you," said Kyuyeon shaking hands with him. Just then, the rest of the guys who lived with Dongjun entered the room and saw them holding hands. There was an awkward silence until Kyuyeon shook her head.

"A-A-A-Aniyo, it's not what it looks like, aniyo," said Kyuyeon. She exited the dorm quickly, opened the door to her dorm and locked it. The guys looked at Dongjun awkwardly. Dongjun smiled.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo," said Dongjun rubbing the back of his neck.

"Annyeong, Kevin imnida, how old are you?" said the oldest.

"I'm 14 turning 15," replied Dongjun.

"Kwanghee imnida, oh, so you're the youngest here, be good to your hyungs," said the second oldest boy patting Dongjun's head laughing.

"Hehe, arasso," said Dongjun. The rest introduce themselves and showed him the room he'll be living in, with who and which bed. Once he started unpacking the boys started asking him questions.

"What's your relationship with that girl?" asked Siwan.

"Do you like her?" asked Minwoo.

"Ani!" exclaimed Dongjun.

"It looks like it," said Kwanghee. "Don't worry, I'm her best friend. If you wanna know more about her, ask me."

"Really? You're her best friend?" asked Dongjun.

"See, you are interested," said Kwanghee.

"Ani, I don't like her, I just want to be friends with her," said Dongjun eyeing Kwanghee.

"I'll tell you one thing, but it might disappoint you..." said Kwanghee. Everyone else nodded.

"Mianhae..." some of them said.

"Is it true? What is it?" asked Dongjun.

"Well..." said Kwanghee.

After Kyuyeon locked the door she sighed and banged her head a couple of times.

"Pabo Kyuyeon!" she repeated. Then she got up and continued studying. In the middle of studying she heard a knock from the door. She rolled her eyes knowing it would be Kyungmi again. She opened the door just about to yell at Kyungmi until she saw Dongjun at the door. She paused a moment until shaking her head and smiling. He was holding a bunch of flowers and smiled.

"Annyeong," said Dongjun.

"Annyeong," said Kyuyeon flustered. "What are you doing here?"

"Just saying hello to my neighbour. Is there something wrong?" asked Dongjun.

"Aniyo, I just thought you were someone else. Come in," said Kyuyeon. Dongjun walked in and looked around.

"Wow, it's quite clean here," said Dongjun.

"Gomawo..." said Kyuyeon. He walked up to Kyuyeon and gave her the flowers.

"I got these for you, just a thank you gift," said Dongjun handing her the flowers.

"Gomawo, you're really sweet. Do you want a snack?" Dongjun nodded. Kyuyeon put the flowers in a vase and filled it with water. Dongjun sat on the couch and Kyuyeon came back with Korean Sweet Pancakes. They talked to each other for a while laughing a lot.

"So, do you want to be friends?" asked Dongjun. Kyuyeon was surprised with the question and almost dropped her pancake.

"A-Are you serious?" asked Kyuyeon.

"Why, what's wrong?" asked Dongjun, then he remembered what Kwanghee told him.

'She's very lonely, that kid. No one lives with her because she's separated from the others, they bully her and back-talk her all the time. No one cares if she gets angry or how irritated she becomes, they bully her and she does nothing about it because no one is on her side, let alone a friend. I pity her, she's so innocent. She came back from Japan when she was only eight-years old, and Kyungmi, one of the girls who bully her the most, is jealous of her because of how talented she is.

None of the boys like her because they don't want to go out with 'the most loneliest and most pitiful person' they've laid eyes on. None of the girls stick up for her because it's always Kyungmi whose bullying her, and no one likes to make Kyungmi mad. Kyungmi becomes an animal I tell ya. The boys do nothing also, but that's because they don't want to be seen sticking up for her, just like the girls. They're always the bystanders. Kyungmi thinks she's ugly, so everyone silently agrees with Kyungmi because, I repeat, NO ONE likes to make Kyungmi mad. To be honest, ALL of the boys think she's quite average, at least prettier than Kyungmi. Even at school this happens, everyday she's bullied by the class brains, even if she's doesn't get straight-A's like Kyuyeon, a girl named Na Yoo Mi bullies her while lunch break, and no one does anything about it.'

"Oh, don't answer, I already know why," said Dongjun. "Mianhae..."

"What do you mean? How...?" asked Kyuyeon.

"I... Kwanghee hyung told me everything," said Dongjun. Kyuyeon's eyes widened in surprise.

"Kwanghee oppa?" asked Kyuyeon.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know more about you because I thought maybe you were a little afraid to say a couple of things about yourself that might've seemed embarrassing to you, and Kwanghee hyung told me I would be disappointed if he told me. I don't pity you, I want to become your friend, because..." said Dongjun and paused for a moment. Kyuyeon waited for him continue but she noticed how shy he was being.

"I... think... you're sweet, kind... and beautiful," said Dongjun he looked at her and smiled.

"This is not a prank?" asked Kyuyeon after a small pause.

"Aniyo..." said Dongjun then grinned. "You can trust me from now on, I'll be your protective oppa!" He hit his chest making Kyuyeon laugh.

"Are you sure you want to be friends with me?" asked Kyuyeon.

"Ya~, don't worry about that girl Kyungmi, I don't like her at all. What school do you go to? Since I moved from Busan I have to attend another school in Seoul, but I'm not gonna go to school that often," said Dongjun.

"Sangwon Middle School..." replied Kyuyeon.

"Really? I'm going to the same school!" said Dongjun excitedly. Kyuyeon looked a little disappointed.

"What's wrong Kyuyeon ah, did I do something wrong again?" asked Dongjun. Dongjun sighed knowing he said another thing wrong, remembering the Na Yoo Mi girl Kwanghee told him about. He grabbed her shoulder and forced her into a hug.

"Kyuyeon ah, I'll protect you just like I said. I don't know this Yoo Mi girl, but I don't like her already. Because she and Kyungmi bullies you it makes you more weaker," Dongjun whispered in Kyuyeon's ear.

"Gomawo... Dongjun ah," said Kyuyeon.

"I'll do anything for a friend..."

 


--

@kyuyoung20 - lol, he speaks in a Busan accent originally
@choichan - Kyuyeon entered the company before him, so...

Haha, sweet like cotton candy ;D