White Promise

Stranger Together

 

so I am taking a break from writing the diabolical plan that Junhyung is hatching. enjoy the happiness of Kiseob ^^

-----KiKwang POV------

The snow was more beautiful than anything else in the world. Christmas Eve... Sighing wistfully I stared out the window. Though they were frosted over around the edges, I could still the new snowflakes spiraling downards in front of the window. 

Some even alighted on the windowsill only to melt quickly into puddles of water. Sadly, I breathed against the window, forming a tangible white mist on the window. with my index finger I drew out a clumsy YS, but just as quickly as I wrote it, it faded away without a trace.

Yoseob wasn't here today... He said he had some other party to go to and he couldn't spend the day with me. Adimttedly, I was a little dissapointed, but it didn't mean that I couldn't spend christmas day with him.

Just thinking about that made a smile creep up on my lips. 

Well, I guess there wasn't much sense in moping around the house. Coffee time. Starbucks at this time of year was always something to look forward to. The sweet rich blends was a large part of the tangible holiday spirit in my mind.

Grabbing my coat from the closet I was about to wrap a scarf around my neck when my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

To Kikwang:

Kikwangie!!! I'm sorry I won't get the chance to hang at with you today! I really wanted to :[ but I will definitely see you tomorrow! ♥ have a good christmas eve.

Yoseob :)

The text message made me smile, but no amount of cute, emoticon-filled text messages could make up for not having Yoseob with me today. wrapping on my scarf carelessly, I buried my mouth in the warm folds, shutting the door behind me and walking slowly down the cold sidewalk.

I fished out my tangled up headphones from my pocket, forgoing my intial idea of listening to music, when it seemed like I wouldn't be able to untangle the headphones by the time I saw the Starbucks looming up ahead.

So much for a happy Christmas eve... forever alone. Always alone. I hung my head, and entered the starbucks, nodding at the employee and ordered my drink in a monotone; lifeless voice.

My drink arrived in no time, since the starbucks was virtually empty. It looked like everyone had somewhere to go. Except me that was. 

Walking home was even worse. Though I distracted myself by catching snowflakes on my tongue--a couple little kids laughed at me, but followed me down the street doing the same, until their parents called them away--I couldn't take my mind off of Yoseob.

The couples around me, linking hands, and huddle close made me wish that was ME AND YOSEOB, but no, it wasn't. Reaching into my pockets I took out my house keys and unlocked the door, turning around to close the door and setting down my coffee.

I shrugged off my jacket, just tossing it ontop of my keys and was about to turn around when someone's small arms wrapped carefully around my waist. I flinched involuntarily and I turned around with my eyes wide. 

he covered up my eyes before pressing his lips softly against mine. "Happy christmas eve Kikwangie." Laughing, I peeked through his fingers and saw Yoseob. My face lit up in a smile.

"ya!!! what happened to that party you said you were going to?"  I asked him, and cupped his face with my hands.

"well... I figured a certain somebody (he winked at me) would be missing me, so I took off a little early, so I could spend the hour before christmas day with him"

"oh jee, and who could this loser be, I wonder?" I said, tapping him on the nose and pulling his small ears so he looked like a monkey.

"ya, quit it you babo" he laughed, playfully smacking my hands away. I picked him up, hands on his waist and set him on the counter so he could meet me eye to eye.

"looks who's calling me a babo, shortie" and before he could protest I kissed him softly again pulling him closer to me and wrapping my hands around his small frame.

"I missed you, Seobbie. I was so sad that you weren't going to spend today with me" I pouted at him, trying ot see what his response would be. he sighed, melting under my big eyes.

"For someone who acts like they are older than me, you seem so much more like a little kid today" Sighing, he got off the counter. "you didn' honestly think I was going to let you spend today alone did you? Oh! and I brought you something." He pulled out a small teal box with white ribbon *like from Tiffany and Co.* on it and he handed it to me sheepishly. 

"oh... can I open it?" He nodded emphatically, a small blush spreadigng across his face. 

sitting on a small cotton cushion was a simple silver ring, a promise ring. "Yoseob...." 

"You don't need to say anything. I thought it was appropriate for the occasion, I white promise I guess so could say. Because I am willing, and I am promising you that I won't leave your side. I'll always be yours.... and you'll be mine?"

He left his last sentence a question, unsure about my answer. "Why a question? Of course I will always be yours, and I took his hand slipping on a promise ring I had bought for him myself.

He smiled brightly "I promise... now! you ready to watch some cheezy christmas reruns? Frosty the Snowman and all those little shows?" he laughed pulling me down on to the couch with him. 

I was caught of guard when he readily snuggled into my chest, and handed me the remote. Shaking my head and smiling, I the TV and prepared for the onslaught of cliché christmas happiness.

"as long as I have you, these reruns just might be bearable. But you're going ot have to make it up to me."

"haha you're on!" he shouted happily

"and that's your white promise to me, and don't worry, I'll hold you to it... Saranghae Seobbie" and once more, in front of the screen shouting "frosty the snowman! was a..." I tipped his face up to face mine, and i kissed his ruby red lips, and outside, the snow was still falling anew. 

 

END

merry christmas everyone ♥