Chapter 1

Final Farewell

    "Min-Seok! Min-Seok Oppa!" The terrified voice of a strangling girl rang out Min-Seok's ears. The long, honey-brown haired boy whipped around towards the sound of the distant call for help. The tall boy's eyes examined his surroundings, trying to find where the voice was calling from. Though he didn't know who this voice belonged to, the terrified girl knew who he was, and she even called him 'Oppa'. He raised an eyebrow slightly, confused whether he should go and look. Taking the chance, he bolted down the gloomy alley in hopes to find who the voice belonged to. "Min-Seok Oppa!" The female voice called loudly again, this time from behind him. He skidded to a sudden stop and his heel. 

    "Yah!" Min-Seok called out, hoping to receive an answer, but to no avail. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Who does this voice belong to? And why is it so desperately calling out to him and only him? He shook his head and decided to think about it once he had found the girl. Min-Seok slowly began to make his way off until the voice yelled out to him again.

    "Min-Seok Oppa!" The girl's voice sung all around him like a strangled harmony, desperate for the song to end. Min-Seok sealed his eyes shut and covered his ears. Make it stop! He cringed tighter and tighter when the volume of the voice slowly increased. Please! Make it stop! Min-Seok pleaded in his head and slowly dropped to his knees. He slowly leaned down and pressed his forehead to the dark ground beneath him. As if his plead was heard, the screaming came to an abrupt stop. 

    Min-Seok's eyes slowly opened, his brown irises were nothing more than two black circles in front of two white spheres in the dark area. Hesitantly, Min-Seok rose to his feet, keeping his dark eyes open. "What is this..." He muttered under his breath. His tall frame shook slightly, not from fear, but from how tense his muscles were. His eyes were locked on the dark ground, worried at what might be lurking around him. A sudden gust of wind made a shiver climb up his spine, making his body freeze momentarily. 

    "Please... Min-Seok Oppa... Help me." The female's pained voice spoke up from behind him. Min-Seok's eyes widened in surprise and he quickly spun around and stopped dead in his tracks at what his eyes locked on. A fragile girl with honey-colored skin was kneeling on her knees. She had tear-stained cheeks and a blood-stained forehead. The scent of fresh blood filled his nostrils. "Please..." The girl cried softly. Min-Seok looked at the girl with confusion glazed over his eyes. Why would she ne- That's when he saw it. A silver blade was held to her delicate neck. His eyes widened when he followed the blade in the hand of someone with fair skin. Min-Seok's eyes trailed up the mysterious person's arm to look eye to eye with the knife's wielder. The tall man came face to face with a younger boy with a sinister grin plastered on his lips.

    "Let her go..." Min-Seok demanded lowly.

    "Too late." The boy chuckled darkly.

    The girl let out a quick, strained scream when the sharp blade was quickly dragged across her neck. Min-Seok's eyes widened as he watched the body of the young girl slump to the ground with a thud. Min-Seok looked up at the young boy who just stood there with a grin. He slowly turned his head and made eye contact with Min-Seok before everything disappeared.

    Min-Seok suddenly shot up with a gasp, his chocolate colored eyes wide. His started breathing heavily and he quickly placed a hand on his chest. "What the heck... Was that?" He mumbled with a low tone. He shook his head instantly. "Aish... Get yourself together, Min-Seok..." He muttered to himself as he ran in fingers through his wavy hair. He sighed a little and threw his legs over the edge of the matress, standing up while stretching his arms. "Another day... Another odd case..." Min-Seok was a field agent, meaning this wasn't exactly his first time seeing something like this happen right in front of him, but somehow he felt connected to this girl.

    "Ahh... This doesn't matter right now." He said sternly ans strode off to his dresser. He picked out a fresh pair of black jeans and a light black hoodie.He puffed out his cheeks as he exhaled slowly. He pulled off the loose navy blue shirt he wore to bed and tossed it into the hamper beside the dresser. He clicked his tongue and rubbed his puffy face. Silently, he pulled a plain black t-shirt on then pulled his hoodie over top. He couldn't keep his mind in one place as he finished up getting changed. "Just let it go... It was just a dream." He closed his eyes momentarily. 

    Min-Seok slipped out of the small bedroom and into the living room. He passed through the living room and made his way to the kitchen, swiping a ripe, red apple off the table then headed for the door. He bit down on the apple and held it between his teeth as he reached up, unhooking his leather jacket from the hook on the wall. He pulled his jacket on swiftly then grabbed onto the apple in his mouth, biting off a large piece. With a satisfied nod, Min-Seok opened the front door and hurried outside, being blinded by the sudden sunlight. He squinted his eyes slightly, trying to see where he was heading. A quick shake of his head and he was off.

    Min-Seok didn't hesitate at all as he walked through the large doors. He bowed down slightly while he walked as people greeted the young boy walking inside. He flashed a quick grin to the older people around him. He was the youngest one there, but Min-Seok took that as an opportunity to show that he could accomplish what the elder members could. Min-Seok's attention was drawn to the voice a couple feet away. He spotted the elder man wearing a gray suit calling to him and waving his hand a little. My boss. He shook his head and jogged over. "...Annyeonghaseyo." Min-Seok said as he bowed to the older man in front of him. 

    "Annyeong." The elder man replied. "Did you just get here?" He asked. 

    "Ah... Ne. Ne." Minho nodded.

    "I see... Well, I'd like to inform you that there's a visitor waiting in your office." The older man patted Min-Seok's shoulder. 

    A visitor? I wonder who it could be... Min-Seok gave a nod. "Right. I'll go and see who is it." He explained and bowed again before making his way swiftly to his office, avoiding other agents that were either in a rush to head to a sudden case or taking their time, drinking coffee and chatting away. He glanced at the name tags bolted to each of the doors. Dae-Jung. Eun-Hee. Kwang-Sun. Hye-Su. Young-Nam. He closed his eyes and parted his lips, letting out a small sigh. He turned and faced the last door on the right. Min-Seok. Silently, he pushed the door open and glanced around the fairly large room. In an instant he spotted a shorter girl wearing a navy blue shirt, the front was covered with white stars. Her wavy, light brown hair gracefully fell just above her elbows. A take out cup with the aroma of coffee was firmly held in her hand. Min-Seok smiled a little when she looked at him. 

    "Min-Seok!" The girl smiled brightly and stood up straight after leaning against his desk.

    "Annyeonghaseyo, Seo-Young Noona." Min-Seok said and bowed to the girl in front of him. 

    Seo-Young, was a couple years older than he was, but the two have been friends since Min-Seok first started high-school. Min-Seok walked to his desk. He gently patted Seo-Young's head before sitting in the spinning chair behind his desk. "What are you doing here?" He asked, lacing his fingers together and propping his elbows up on his desk.

    "I haven't seen you in a good couple months and you ask me the most obvious question?" Seo-Young looked at Min-Seok. "What are you doing here?" She mimicked Min-Seok's question. "I'm here too see my best friend, duh!" She laughed a little.

    Min-Seok laughed a little himself. "Okay okay, sorry." He raised his hands up in defense. "I've just been busy with some cases is all... I do have another case I was given when I walked in." He explained as he pulled the file folder out of his jacket and dropped it on his desk.

    Seo-Young slowly reached over to the folder and began to open it. "What is it~?" She cooed, sticking her tongue out slightly.

    Min-Seok reached out and quickly placed his hand on top of the folder. "That my friend is classified information." He said with a grin, pulling the file towards him.

    Seo-Young pouted a bit. "Min-Seok ah... Come on... I won't tell anyone." She cooed quietly.

    "Your aegyo won't work on me, Seo-Young Noona." Min-Seok explained and shook his head, smiling a little more than before.

    Seo-Young huffed. "Fine..." She blinked. "You know you should smile like that more." She cooed and poked his cheek. "It's a lot better than seeing you like this all the time." She explained and looked at him with a straight face. "..."

    Min-Seok couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, okay." Min-Seok waved a hand. "I've got to read this then get going... I'll see you later if I get the chance, okay?" He asked and stood up. He made his way around the desk and looked down at the much shorter girl in front of him.

    Seo-Young looked up at Min-Seok and nodded. "Okay~" She sounded a little upset but she just shrugged it off. "Call me when you get the chance okay." She pointed at him. Min-Seok let a low chuckle slip out of his mouth. He nodded a bit. Seo-Young smiled brightly and tightly hugged Min-Seok. "Okay. See you later, possibly!" She said as she released him. She waved quickly then bolted off.

    Min-Seok scratched his head. "That all went by in a matter of 5 minutes..." He blinked. He shook his head and glanced at the file on his desk. He reached over and scooped it up, opening it carefully nd examining the papers scattered inside. 

    A female, approximately the age of 26 or older was found with several stab wounds to her torso area. She was found dead on her bed in her own house at 6:46 pm last night. 

    Min-Seok sighed. "They're giving this to me now...? The UNSUB could've escaped and is probably long gone by now." He huffed. He looked through the papers. "There's not even a fingerprint or anything to help me... How am I going to do this...?" He grumbled, frowning once again. He closed the case file up again and tucked it in a bag handing on a coat hook. He shook his head and unhooked the bag, pulling it over his shoulder. "Here goes nothing, I guess..." He muttered and walked off. He pulled out his white iPad from inside his bag and turned it on. "Sometimes I wonder what they make me do here..." He muttered. He quietly tapped away on his iPad as he trailed out of the large building. "All there is here is an address... So I might as well go inspect the crime scene..." Min-Seok tapped in the address to find directions.

    ***

    Min-Seok glanced down at his iPad's screen, making sure he's at the correct place. "I think this is it, if I'm not mistaken." He explained to himself and casually walked up the stairs. He gave the wooden door a couple knocks. "Wait... Why am I knocking...?" He mumbled to himself and reached out for the doorknob. To his surprise, the doorknob turned before he was able to grab onto it. The door opened to reveal what looked like a young girl.

    "May I help you...?" She looked up at Min-Seok with confused eyes.

    "Uh... Who... Are you?" Min-Seok blinked and looked at the person in front of him.

    "I'm... Min-Yeol..." The young girl said slowly, looking up at Min-Seok.

    "Min-Yeol...?" Min-Seok blinked and peeked at the case file. "This can't be the right place then... But I got the address right..." He mumbled to himself.

    Min-Yeol smiled at Min-Seok's confusion. Once Min-Seok looked up at her again, she looked confused again. "Is something wrong..?" She blinked, tipping her head.

    "Ah... It's nothing... Sorry for bothering you Miss." Min-Seok shook his head and bowed. "Have a nice day." He mumbled and quickly hurried off, not looking back. He scratched his head and looked at the case again. "How is this possible... I followed the right directions and I made it to the right house... But... Nothing." He spoke to himself and sighed. 

    ***

    Min-Seok quickly hurried into his office and dropped the file on his desk angrily, the papers spreading out everywhere. "What the heck!" He hissed. "I did everything right! How could it not be right?!" He grumbled. "Unless...." He stopped suddenly. He looked at the papers more closely. "..." He stared blankly at the sea of papers spread across his desk. "It's a fake case." He concluded. "But... Why?" He asked slowly. He ran his fingers through his hair with an aggravated sigh. "Damn.." He blinked and pulled his phone out. He quietly dialed Seo-Young's number. "..." He held the device to his ear and tapped his foot waiting. 

    "Annyeonghaseyo~ You've reached Seo-Young. Sorry, but I can't get to the phone right now. Please leave a messa-"

    Min-Seok closed his eyes and sighed. "I'm surprised she didn't answer her phone..." He said slowly. He slipped the device into his back pocket. He pulled the bag over his shoulder and left his office, shutting the door behind him. Min-Seok puffed his cheeks out in annoyance. "If only I knew why someone would do tha-" He was cut of when someone ran into him. He grunted slightly and looked down at the shorter girl in front of him. "Ah... Sorry." He bowed a little.

    "Min-Seok! Just the person who I hoped I would run into... Just not literally." The lady shook her head, "Anyways.... I was told to give this to you." She held a file folder out. "No one other than the boss looked at it." She said.

    Min-Seok accepted the folder and bowed. "Ahh... Thank you." He said. He watched the lady wander off before he opened the file. "..." He looked through the papers. 

    A young girl, approximately in her mid 20's was found dead in a small, dark alley today around 12:30pm. The victim's neck had been sliced open plus a couple stab wounds to her stomach. She was found wearing a navy blue shirt with the front covered in white stars.

    Min-Seok's face dropped suddenly. "No no no..." He mumbled and flipped through the pages until he found a picture of the now deceased girl. "..." His heart dropped. "Y-You can't be serious.." He suddenly stammered. He dropped the file on the floor as his hands suddenly went limp. The papers all flew out of the file, spreading out on the floor. The picture of a familiar face slid on the carpet slightly, stopping in a circle of light given by the light above. 

    A picture of Seo-Young.