` the first letter

Letters To You { HIATUS }

the first letter

 

 

 

 

 

8th February 2014

Dear Minji,

Today is our first anniversary! *throws confetti* I hope you enjoyed the date at the beach and the surprise dinner at your favourite restaurant. Psst, remember I told you I had washed dishes for the boss for days before he agreed to let me book the whole restaurant? I was joking, the boss Taewoo was actually my high school classmate. Bet you didn't know your boyfriend had such vast connections hmm?

I still remember the day we first met a year ago. It was pouring, and I had stopped at a cafe nearby to seek shelter. You were plugged into your headphones, your head gently nodding along whilst flipping a page of Chuck Palahniuk's 'Invisible Monsters' at every one or two sips of your coffee. The sight was fascinating. You were just wearing a plain white shirt with dark blue jeans; you were just listening to music while reading a book; you were just a random girl I had never seen before, yet I was mesmerised. You seemed to have noticed someone's eyes on you as you suddenly looked up, and our eyes met. I looked away, embarrassed, and prayed that you would not find me creepy. Instead, you had tapped me on the shoulder and passed me a handkerchief, your handkerchief, to wipe off the raindrops on my face. The next scene happened quickly. I asked for your name and contact number so I could wash the handkerchief and return it to you. You had given it to me with a smile, a smile I am grateful for when I now see it every day, and I was happy.

When you read this, you might wonder why I decided to write letters instead of talking to you directly. I think life is too short for us to experience everything, and the human brain is not good enough to remember everything. Writing letters would allow me to record down every single little detail, and when we read this again in our age when we have white hair and grandchildren, we can have a good laugh and reminisce the old times.

This is the first letter, and the beginning of my letters to you.

Hugs and kisses XOXO,

Your beloved boyfriend Jimin

P.S. I hope you don't see this yet because it's meant to be a surprise when we grow old! ❤❤❤