Final

Astronaut

Taemin watched Minho from afar. He wasn't sure if he should talk to him or not- the older boy looked so lonely and lost that day- but then eyes met and Taemin froze. He got a cold- that kind of cold, that goes to your bones and makes you shiver badly- and bored gaze from the other, what stopped him walking closer. He thought that Minho would like to have someone who introduces him to their classmates or just talks to him, because it looked like no one did. Taemin thought that why wouldn't he do that since they were in a good condition since the passed summer.

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and he thought back to their little secret place. It was the roofs of their too.close being houses- on with burgundy and one with dark grey tiles- what were perfect places to watch the kissing and twinkling stars on the big, dark sky. Sometimes, the Moon was so close that Taemin thought he could touch it. There were times when he let his childish side win and tried to catch the Moon, and then disappointedly accept the fact that it was impossible- expect if you were an astronaut. He wished so much that he could kiss the Moon and the stars; and taste the stardust in is lips.

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and he remembered how they used to watch the night sky together.It was accidentally for the first time- not for Taemin, he always went to watch the stars- and they sat silently. Stolen glances, little smiles, no words.That night was not that bright- but brighter than the usual dark sky-and even the Moon looked closer to them. He couldn't remember if it was him or Minho who talked for the first time, but it was probably Taemin- because he has to confess that- it was like a silent agreement between them- he was the one who always talked. Minho never spoke a lot. He usually just watched Taemin blabbering about everything and nothing. Sometimes he nodded, hummed: showing that he actually pays attention, even for the lack of the affection he showed. Sometimes- very rarely- he told stories of himself and Taemin drank every of his words. Sometimes, Minho just smiled through Taemin's endless stories- not really listening to his words, just liked the way he said each syllables and how he spoke with his whole body. (There were nights, when Minho told him about this habit, with a big smile plastered on his face.)

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and replayed the memory again and again of, he got his first kiss from Minho. That night the Moon was so close that Taemin thought that he could finally reach it. Minho watched him with a worried gaze, because he stood up on the roof. Suddenly, he lost his balance for a moment, and it was enough to Minho to he himself lose the ability to breathe. He scold Taemin badly, that it was so careless, even from him, then, when he saw Taemin's lips trembling slightly, he climbed through that minimal distance between their houses; and hugged Taemin and hushed him that he just got really scared and to don't take his words seriously.

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and his gaze slowly slid down to the other's lips. When Taemin calmed down that night and both of them told their sorrys to each other, Taemin couldn't help but stare at the soft looking lips in front of him,- because yes, he was in the same height as Minho's lips, in any other times, he would hated this fact, but not now- and the other did the same. Taemin didn't know where he got all that courage, but he didn't even care- he kissed him, that bright night. It didn't take long, it was only just a lips to lips peck- even if Taemin wouldn't mind if it was more. And that night it looked like the stars moved into Minho's eyes. So bright, so beautiful.

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and he hated the fact that he was far from him, even when he was only meters away. But it wasn't easy- Minho was like the Moon they watched together. So close, yet so far. But there were times when Taemin, like an astronaut, could reach him- he told that Minho a lot after the night with full of kisses but Minho always laughed on him and said, 'you are silly', then gripped Taemin's hands more to show: he was here, and he wasn't unreachable- until something changed.

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and thought about what changed. School started three weeks ago, and there weren't any star-chasing nights after that. He didn't know what changed, Minho never told him so.

Taemin watched Minho from afar, and he had enough. He wanted his Moon to bright him up in dark night- even if he was just a typical stargazer and not really an astronaut anymore- and to be close to him. To give Taemin a chance and hope, to reach it; to reach him.

He raised up from his seat and walked to Minho's. He didn't ask if he could take a seat or not, he just sat in front of Minho and talked- like the three wordless weeks never happened, like they had been in their rooftops, like nothing changed at all. Minho looked at him with true surprise first, but his gaze soon changed into a grateful one. Their knees bumped accidentally but neither of them cared. Minho smiled again as he listened to Taemin- not really listening, his habit was back when he just watch Taemin's full body speak- and the other quickly noticed the slight smile but didn't highlight it like any other times.

That day, Taemin hardly left Minho's side. They had three weeks to catch up, anyway. They walked home together and Taemin still talked- until they reached Minho's house- and both of them stopped. Taemin nervously scratched the back of his head, that was like the only time he wasn't sure what to say. He didn't know if Minho wanted to be with him again- like they had never been a couple officially and they hadn't broken up too- or just stay far away from each other. And then Minho- who was quite entertained by sight of the wordless Taemin- leaned down and planted a soft kiss on the other's lips.

"I'm sorry." he said as he tried to hide his deep red blush.

"For what?" Taemin asked dumbfounded because of the kiss. 

"For not talking to you and to not attending in our star gazing nights. I saw you from my window every night." Minho pointed at his window. He remembered seeing Taemin looking for him every night, then sadly going back to his room.

"Why did you do that?" it hurt him, seeing no one just an empty place instead of Minho.

"You know, I was afraid of that if school starts, you will just threat me as a summer fling while I want to have more. But then school really started and you still looked for me. I knew I was wrong exactly after I decided to cut of our interactions, but it was too late and I wasn't enough brave to tell you." Minho told everything with one, big breath, and Taemin thought it was the more he heard Minho speak. The boy walked to Minho and leaned his head on the other's shoulder. He was happy, more than happy. So at least nothing changed really. He could still reach Minho- and now he quite knew how stardust taste like. He might still being an astronaut, not just a simple stargazer. Or even more. He smiled in himself and whispered,

"How could I threat you as a summer fling? You're silly."

 

 

 

 

AN/ let's pretend that it was good. (i can't decide that the sentence 'Taemin watched Minho from afar' annoys me or not; i'm sorry if it annoys you.)