01 : I'm your angel

Butterfly

The high pitched chimes of her alarm wakes Sohee, and she turns to the side, pulling her blankets up to cover herself, as if that will stop the noise. After a moment of listening to the alarm getting louder while she tries to go back to sleep, she shoots out a hand to hit the snooze button, letting her arm flop down instead of pulling it back under the warm covers.

It takes all of five seconds for her to realize that her arm rests on a smooth, rounded, warm thing, and that it was definitely not there when she went to bed last night.

Reluctantly, however curious she is, she lifts her blanket up from over her head and pushes herself up after, looking for whatever it is that disturbed her sleep.

A large egg, smooth and rounded, warm to the touch, rests on her bed beside her pillow, decorated only with a sharp S. The colors are unclear in the small light of her clock, but it looks gold, the S a light blue. Sohee thinks that it’s fake, she’s never seen an egg so big (but an ostrich’s could probably be that size – too bad they don’t live wherever ostriches live) but it’s also warm, and that’s what gets her the most. Warm means alive.

As much as she doesn’t want to get up, because getting up means school and school equals hell, the egg is not something that belongs to her – she’ll have to bring it to her parents, and maybe they’ll know what to do with it. So she gets up, gets dressed, turning on the light halfway through to dig through a pile of clothes, and falls back onto her bed under the bright light in her tired state.

She must have drifted off, because the alarm rings again, this time forcing her to get up to turn it off. With a heavy sigh, she stares at the egg in resentment, scooping it up before heading out.

The sound of something breaking stops Sohee just as she’s about to leave her room. A crack appears on the egg as she watches, panic starting to rise in her, and it makes its way neatly around the egg to cut it perfectly in half.

The two halves fall to the side, and out pops the last thing Sohee had expected.

A human.

A tiny human, or a tiny human look alike, stares up at her with his big, puppy eyes, head tilted innocently to the side.

Sohee stares at him, dumbfounded, in silence.

He’s the first one to break it, asking, “Are you my human? I’m your angel.”

 


 

a/n: this is so short i'm cry. i don't know how often this'll be updated, but i hope it's often? i need something to work on while waiting for nano to come, anyway