fortune #2

The Fortune Cookie

 in which bambam's plan is put into action & there are a lot of necessary song references. #forthefans 

1.6k words

 

xxx

 

 

"Your dances are still sharp, you both still have it." Chansung says, frowning. "So why are our dance teams falling apart?" 

 

Soojung stares pointedly at Jaebum. "Jung? Do you know why?" 

 

"Jaebum oppa is avoiding Jinyoungie. Jinyoungie doesn't know what to do, so he's on hiatus. My Jinyoungie is gone, who am I going to dance with?!" Soojung has her arms crossed and Jaebum scowls at her. 

 

 "Jung... Isn't Jackson your boyfriend? Why do you call Jinyoung 'yours' then?" Nichkhun asks, obviously confused.

 

Jaebum rolls his eyes. Soojung just laughs at Nichkhun's question and replies, "Jinyoung isn't mine, he's Jaebum's. That is, until someone didn't want that." She stares at Jaebum again and the mentioned boy starts mentally cursing at Soojung.

 

"Jaebum?" Junho prompts.

 

Jaebum lets out a breath. "You see... It starts with the fortune cookie." 

 

"You bought a fortune cookie? Omo, oppa! It was because of me wasn't it? Aww, oppa!" Soojung tackles Jaebum into a hug.

 

"...Who is Soojung dating again?" Taecyeon says.

 

"She's just close to Jae and Jin, Taec. Let it go already," Nichkhun says.

 

Taecyeon sighs, nodding.

 

"What about the fortune cookie? I know that Jung loves fortune cookies, but what's up with that?" Nichkhun asks.

 

"We went to a Chinese restaurant, got fortune cookies and my fortune cookie said, 'You and Junior won't be friends anymore.' Jinyoung's nickname is Junior, right? So I started early, and didn't talk to him anymore." 

 

"Wait, it literally said that?" Minjun asks, eyes wide.

 

"I have never seen a cookie so blunt," Soojung says, shocked.

 

"Well, it said 'Your Junior' but..."

 

"Aw, man. You head, how dumb can you get?" Taecyeon asks in disbelief. 

 

"I've already started avoiding him. If I stop, he'll ask why I did it." 

 

"And why did you?" 

 

"To start early on unfriending him." Jaebum literally facepalms.

 

"Ah, not because you like him?" Chansung butts in, smirking.

 

"If you did, it's fine with us." Wooyoung says, smiling.

 

"Our friends, Kibum and Jonghyun are together. I think you know them, they're from the Voices." Minjun continues.

 

Jaebum groans inwardly. He likes Jinyoung, yes. But as brother. Why was everyone saying he likes him more than that?

 

"Come on, Jae. Everyone knows you and Jinyoungie are gay—" Soojung starts.

 

"—and in denial." All six of the dance team, with Jung, chorus.

 

Jaebum shakes his head. Some things were too complicated for goons to understand.

 

xxx

 

"This plan is gonna fail, Bam." Youngjae sighs, shaking his head.

 

"What?! No way, hyung. It's foolproof." Bambam says, frowning. 

 

"Wait, this could work." Jackson sighs, eyes lighting up. "All we need is a little push from Jungie. Jaebum will play right into it." 

 

He then turns to Mark. Mark looks up in surprise and shakes his head slowly. "No way, Jackson. I know what you're thinking." 

 

"Please, Mark! We've been best friends since we were ten! I've even bought you the bass guitar you've always wanted. Markeu, this is only a small favour I'm asking from you." Jackson says, pouting.

 

"Wait, what? First of all, Jackson hyung, don't make that face. Second, you bought that guitar for Mark hyung? But Mark hyung said he bought that guitar himself!" Youngjae crosses his arms, confused. Mark, on the other hand, was slowly getting red. 

"Whatever! The important thing is to get Junior. And Mark can totally grab him and do it!" Jackson laughs at the thought. 

 

"Yah. Dude, I'm your best friend, so I'm doing this. Only once, okay?" Mark says in English, flipping his fringe to the other side of his face.

 

"Yeah, dude, thanks!" Jackson and Mark brohug and all five of them gather in a huddle. 

 

"Operation..." Jackson says in English, not knowing what to name their plan. 

 

"나와 함께 썸타! (Let's start something!)" Bambam says excitedly.

 

"One, two, three! GOT5!" 

 

xxx

 

"What? Jung, where are we going?" Jaebum says, being pushed in a shopping cart.

 

How Jung got the shopping cart out of the mall, no one knows.

 

"We're going home, Jae." Her eyes gleaming and mouth in a smirk.

 

"What? No way, I'm getting off! You can't defile me!!" Jaebum says, eyes widening and trying to get off the cart.

 

"That is, if you can get off!" Jung starts running and pushing the cart as fast as she can.

 

How Jung can run and push all of Jaebum's weight with the cart still remains a mystery.

 

Anyone who saw them would probably think the two were crazy.

 

It was a sight to see, really. A teenage girl pushing an almost grown man on a shopping cart at full speed.

 

 

Jung pushes the cart all the way home to the dorm and Jaebum immediately tries to get off. 

 

He does, but he falls off and lands on his knees, cursing. "Bastard." 

 

"Yeah, I love you too oppa." She says, laughing.

 

She grabs Jaebum's hand and runs. "Come on, oppa! I didn't push the cart all the way here for nothing!" 

 

She drags him all the way to his dorm room. Inside, Jackson, Yugyeom and Bambam are sitting on the couch, watching some American TV show.

 

"Where's the young one?" Soojung asks in English.

 

"Tied up." Jackson replies.

 

"How did you get into the dorm?" Jaebum grabs a pack of Ruffles from the table and opens it. 

 

"Jinyoung-hyung let us in." Jaebum visibly flinches at the mention of Jinyoung. 

 

Jackson smirks at Jaebum. 

 

"Oppa! Come on, I gotta show you something!"

 

Jaebum reluctantly walks with his hand still held by Soojung.

 

"Yah! Jaebum-hyung, that's my girlfriend!" Jackson shouts, seeing their fingers intertwined.

 

"Go away, Jacks!" Soojung shouts back, pushing Jaebum into the storage room.

 

"Have fun, oppa!" She shouts, locking the room door. 

 

The storage room was the only room with only one lock. That lock was on the outside.

 

"Yah! Soojung! Get me out!!" Jaebum shouts and bangs his fist against the door.

 

"Later! Me and GOT5's gotta do something." 

 

Jaebum sighs and turns, dramatically sliding his back against the door.

 

"Mommy!" He screams, seeing another person in the room.

 

"Mmhn!" The person says, his voice muffled by a cloth around his mouth.

 

"...Jinyoung?!" Jaebum's eyes widen and he immediately tries to remove the cloth around his mouth.

 

"What the hell?" He asks, seeing the rope that was around his wrists and feet.

 

"Mark hyung." Jinyoung mutters, and Jaebum understands. 

 

They fall into an awkward silence after that, Jaebum not wanting to say anything for fear of Jinyoung asking and Jinyoung not knowing what to say. 

 

 

"Hyung?" Jinyoung asks.

 

There was silence.

 

'~ You're not the boy I used to know, how the hell did you get so cold ~' Youngjae sings. Mark laughs, his song choice was perfect.

 

They both realise what song it was. Brokenhearted by Lawson.

 

Jaebum's eyes widen at the song. It was almost as if it were meant for him.

 

Damn Youngjae and his impeccable timing.

 

"Hyung, I have no idea what's happening with you but I miss my hyung." 

 

'~ I'm full of you, but you don't seem to have me, I'm going crazy ~' Soojung sings it this time. 

 

Jackson laughs his hyena laugh and Soojung grins as they all imagine the looks on Jinyoung and Jaebum's faces.

 

Jaebum's eyes widen again. Of all the songs, Bangtan's Danger? 

 

Damn Soojung and her impeccable timing.

 

"I know I'm not supposed to be sad that you're ignoring me, but my heart is like..." 

 

'~ Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? ~' Mark sings this time, voice breaking at the last word.

 

All of the people outside the storage room burst into laughter, to Mark's embarrassment.

 

Jinyoung's eyes widen this time, a blush creeping up his cheeks. It was almost as if it were all indirect confessions. He wasn't angry at Jaebum at all, not like the song Boy in Luv by Bangtan was.

 

Damn Mark, his impeccable timing and his hands for tying such tight knots.

 

"But hyung, I just wanna try to talk to you one more time before I understand that you don't like me. I'm moving dorms, hyung. Taecyeon hyung offered his old dorm with Jingguk, our batchmate."

 

Jaebum never thought that Jinyoung would take it as far as moving dorms.

 

"Jinyoung, I..." He starts.

 

'~ Hold me tight before I kiss you, before my heart lets you go ~' Bambam sings at the top of his lungs, before he collapses in a fit of giggles.

 

Both boys in the storage room's eyes widen. They both start blushing. It's not like they both wanted to do that, right? 

 

Damn Bambam and Bangtan. Why were all their songs so relatable?

 

Soojung and GOT5 were outside, laughing. They all had perfect timing and perfect song choices, and they knew that Jaebum would soon break.

 

Even when Jinyoung wasn't looking at him and was blushing, Jaebum couldn't help but find him cute.

 

'~ I always hold you tight in our dorm room, I'm right here, when ya gonna realise, that I like you-oooo, Jaebum hyuuuung ~' Yugyeom sings, and Jaebum can't take it anymore. 

 

"Yah! Yugyeom, you can sing, but 5 Seconds of Summer? Don't kill the Heartbreak-girl!" Jaebum shouts. 

 

"Hyung..." Jinyoung starts.

 

"Jaebum, just make out already! Dammit, Seokjin has been trying to hit on Jinyoung, and Seokjin belongs with Taehyung!" Jackson shouts in broken Korean, not noticing his mistake in words. 

 

"I never knew you liked , Jacks," Soojung says, laughing.

 

"I don't like you in that way, hyung." Jinyoung says, blushing.

 

'~ 거짓말이야! You're such a liar ~' Mark sings, smirking. Even Bangtan's songs that were not about love like No More Dream worked.

'Damn Mark and his impeccable timing. And damn Bangtan for their relatable songs. Who am I kidding, Bangtan rocks,' Jinyoung thinks. 

 

One second before and Jinyoung was thinking about V of Bangtan, and the next second, he feels Jaebum's lips against his. 

 

What?

 

xxx

 

 

fortune #3 will be the end :-( 

please comment and review, upvote if you liked this fortune! :-)