fortune #1

The Fortune Cookie

Fortune #1

unedited // 1.3k words

 

×

It started with the fortune cookie. 

 

It was the end of the school week and Jackson dragged Bambam, Jaebum and Mark to a Chinese restaurant. 

 

 

Junior was at the dance club's practice room choreographing dances and Youngjae was at their dorm room, sleeping.

 

They wanted to try their luck so they all got fortune cookies.

 

JB, being the leader of their mini-group, opened his first and read it out. 

 

Then the unthinkable happened.

 

 

"You and your junior wont be friends anymore." 

 

Bambam said that that 'junior' the cookie was the talking about was their very own Park Jinyoung Jr.

 

The others, like Mark, got the weird ones like "The next person you meet will be your downfall". 

 

They got back to their dorm rooms. 

 

Mark and Bambam shared a room, Youngjae and Yugyeom were in another room, and Jacksom was with a distant friend, Sungjae. 

 

JB and Junior were best friends, so they shared a room.

 

Everything was normal.

 

That is, until JB started avoiding Junior. 

 

If they weren't going to be friends anymore, then why not start early? 

 

But Junior was JB's best friend, so Junior noticed the change. 

 

Jinyoung tried talking to him, but all his efforts were futile.

 

Jinyoung was affected. He was bewildered by JB's sudden change.

 

His work was sloppy and his dances weren't as sharp. 

 

All of the seven boys were associated with or part of the resident dance team, so they were affected. 

 

Jinyoung's problem caused Soojung, their dance club's vice president, to snap at him. 

 

 

"Look, Jin. If your head isn't in the game and you aren't putting any effort in your dance, then stop and get out. Don't drag your fellow dancers into your downfall." She shouted from the other side of the room. 

 

 

Jinyoung blinked and went to Soojung. "I'll be leaving now. I'm sorry, I'll be back when I'm in a better condition."

 

 

Everyone knew why Jinyoung was like that. Jaebum had been skipping dance practices, so it had been quite obvious that the two had been avoiding each other. Or rather, that Jaebum was avoiding Jinyoung.

 

One day, around a week after Jinyoung's hiatus, Jackson cornered Jaebum who was found in Soohyun's dorm, eating ramyun with six opened packets of the same food before him. 

 

 

So Jackson asked. "Why are you avoiding Jinyoung? It's affected Mark and Bam, even my Jungbaby!" 

 

 

"I'm just doing what the fortune cookie said. Who am I to stand in the way of fate?" Jaebum said, mouth full of ramyun.

 

 

Jackson holds himself from facepalming. Making Jaebum embarrassed won't push him back into being the president of the dance team. 

 

 

He pushes Jaebums head lightly and says, exasperated, "Dude. Jae. Hyuuuung." 

 

Jaebum shoots Jackson a look for one, disturbing him on his ramyun marathon, and two, being rowdy at 4pm, when Jackson was supposed to be at the dance team practice. 

 

But then again, he too, wasn't there so he didn't say anything. 

 

"Hyung, this isn't the way to do it. Why would you even follow the cookie?" 

 

"Jackson, haven't you ever heard Soojung, your girlfriend, singing, 'Oh, fortune cookies are love, fortune cookies are life.' And so, Soojung got chosen as the vice president! I'm just following the dongsaeng, Jacks." 

 

Jackson facepalms this time. Hard. 

 

"But hyung–" 

 

~ Oh, oh, oh oh, oppa neun saranghae ~

 

Jaebum bursts out laughing as Jackson pulls out his phone, scowling. 

 

"Jackson-ah! I never knew you liked Girls' Generation. Pfft!" Jaebum's hands are on his stomach as he laughs. 

 

"Hyung, Jung put this as my ringtone."

 

"Just admit you like this type of music, Jackson." 

 

 

"Hyung, it's Mark, shhh." Jackson says, glancing at the screen.

 

 

"Jackson, where are you?" Jaebum hears him say in English, followed by what he's pretty sure are curse words in English.

 

"Jackson, you gotta get Jaebum here, now."

 

"Why? Did something happen?" 

 

Another voice is heard from Mark's side of the line. "Is that all you've got?" 

 

 

No way, Jaebum mouths as it dawns on him who it was. The voice was followed by jeering. 

 

Only 6 people could say that. And only one obnoxious cat-hating person has that voice.

 

Jaebum's in deep trouble. 

 

 

It was the dance team of 2008.

 

 

~

On Mark's side of the line, Bambam is muttering curses at Taecyeon.

 

Not that he hates that hyung, but seriously, that hyung was getting annoying. 

 

"One, two, eight, six!" Nichkhun cues as the remaining 4 orginal dance team members get into the dance. 

 

Mark does a flip and Bambam tries. Bambam had to cover for Jackson and ended up doing it. 

 

Luckily he's okay as they finish up. 

 

"Huh, where's Jung and Jae?" Chansung, the youngest of the alumni team, asks.

"And Jinyoung. I mean little Jinyoung. That sounds wrong. Junior, I mean." Minjun, the oldest asks. 

Mark steps forward. "Jaebum's on his way. Soojung has class and Jin..." He trails off, not knowing whether to tell the seniors or not. 

"Jin..?" Taecyeon presses as Bambam frowns. Really, this hyung is too much, he thinks. 

"Jinyoung is on hiatus." 

"Define hiatus and why?" Junho, the scariest of the group, asks, speaking for the first time since he came.

"He's taking a break from dance. He hasn't been performing very well. He told Jung about it." 

The six guys look at each other. If Jinyoung, who was in love with crafting dances, took a break, even before Youngjae, something was wrong.

 

"Okay, can the girls come and show your routine?" 

 

The younger guys take it as their cue to leave and bow to their seniors as they go.

 

Bambam and Yugyeom collapse against the couch in the rec room.

 

"~You call me Suzy but my name isn't Suzy~" Youngjae sings as the rest groan. 

 

Bambam decides there and then to take matters into his own hands. He is left with one solution to save the team. 

 

"Jaebum hyung and Jinyoung hyung are fighting right?"

 

Yugyeom nods and Bambam smiles. 

 

"I have the perfect plan..."

 

~

Jackson and Jaebum reach the dance club area around the same time as Soojung. They see Soojung on the floor, in push up position.

 

"Right on time," Taecyeon says, seeing Jaebum come in. "Jackson, you can join Mark and the rest in the rec room. Jaebum, you know the drill." 

 

The push up position was only used when the President and vice president of the team weren't doing their jobs. 

 

Jaebum sighs as Jackson leaves, giving Soojung a pitiful look. 

 

Once the rest of the dancers have left the room, Soojung collapses into a cross-legged position. "Jae oppa, where the hell have you been?" She hisses. 

 "Who gave you permission to get out of the push up position, Jung?" Jaebum asks.

"It was only so the other dancers would think it was serious business but Taecyeon oppa told me–"

"Soojung, do your speciality dance." Wooyoung says, interrupting Soojung.

She sighs and nods her head, signalling to Jaebum that she'd tell him later.

 

Wooyoung plays the music and Nichkhun and Jaebum are shocked. 

Nichkhun came later than the rest, and Jaebum didn't really associate himself with Soojung before they had to become partners so they didn't know what Soojung's speciality was. 

 

Classical music starts playing as she does a ballet dance. The music ends and Jaebum takes his place. Everyone knows what he was about to do. He was the best at b-boying.

 

"Your dances are still sharp, you both still have it." Chansung says, frowning. "So why are our dance teams falling apart?" Soojung stares pointedly at Jaebum. "Jung? Do you know why?" 

"Jaebum oppa is avoiding Jinyoungie. Jinyoungie doesn't know what to do, so he's on hiatus. My Jinyoungie is gone, who am I going to dance with?!" Soojung has her arms crossed and Jaebum scowls at her. 

 "Jung... Isn't Jackson your boyfriend? Why do you call Jinyoung 'yours' then?" Nichkhun asks, obviously confused.

Jaebum rolls his eyes. Soojung just laughs at Nichkhun's question and replies, "Jinyoung isn't mine, he's Jaebum's. That is, until someone didn't that." She stares at Jaebum again and the mentioned boy starts mentally cursing at Soojung.

"Jaebum?" Junho prompts.

 

Jaebum lets out a breath. "You see..."

 

***

 

This must be crap im so sorry /wheezes

Comment below if you liked this and upvote :-)

Bambam's plan will be put into motion in the next fortune :-) 

 

Also check out my JB/OC story, 12Months :D