1/1

Happy Birthday to Me

"Do you want me to stay?" Woohyun asks as he fixes up his school bag. It's already the last week of school so he doesn't need to bring anything much and he can probably be ditching school too, but he's ever the good student. Though, he can always make an excuse for his bestfriend.

 

"You don't need to, I just want to stay home on my birthday, is all," Sungyeol says, voice raspy and hoarse like how it always sounds in the mornings. “I don’t feel too good too.”

 

At this Woohyun’s face twists in concern as he touches Sungyeol's forehead, his neck, and cupping his cheeks.

 

"Ew, don't touch me." Sungyeol says, scowling jokingly as he swats Woohyun's hands away. "Oh, and I told you you don't need to worry about me, I can take care of myself."

 

Sungyeol's words does little to ease Woohyun's worries, especially when he's like a magnet for illness and a simple fever could lead to the worst thing, but he decides it would be okay for a few hours since they had shortened periods. He slings his back pack over his shoulder and gives a last peck on Sungyeol's cheek. “Happy birthday, Sungyeol~~”

 

 

Woohyun's day at school couldn't have gone worse, what with the teachers ordering them around like mules and forcing them to clear out their lockers even if there's still a few days left. And having History for last period didn't help at all. Like, what did he even care about who built the Colosseum when Sungyeol was alone at home, sick and maybe on the verge of dying?

 

He rolls his eyes at Mr Jung who insists on droning on and on about ancient Rome (or was that Greece?) and checks his phone which vibrated a minute ago.

 

He almost falls out of his chair.

 

like

 

what

 

the

 

hell.

 

 

Sungyeol in a ing nightie

 

a girl's nighty

 

with puffy sleeves

 

and flowing skirt

 

with a ing smiley

 

 

"What the hell Lee Sungyeol?! I thought you were sick!" Woohyun types up madly from under the table, his eyes darting around the screen because seriously what the hell is this he even decided to caption it with a ing smiley?!

 

He shifts in his seat, trying to hide a slowly growing as his phone vibrates with another message.

 

"Yes, I am ~  come take care of me oppa~~"

 

This time Woohyun really  loses it. He  accidentally drops his phone on the ground,  sending it tumbling down with a loud crash and causing everyone to look his way  and his teacher to stop speaking. He gapes around everyone in the room, before ducking under his desk to pick up the casing and the battery that fell out, srambling to get his phone back in order. He grins awkwardly, trying to act as if nothing happened and telling everyone to carry on.

 

Once he's turned it on again there's another message and Woohyun has to bite down hard on his tongue he could vaguely taste blood in his mouth. Sungyeol sent another picture--one with him sitting cross-legged on the bed with a fluffy white--thing on top of his head. The night dress has ridden up to his thigh as he sits with his legs crossed, but Sungyeol doesn't seem to mind, sseing as he took it from the best possible angle that his magnificent thighs can be displayed.

 

It was all Woohyun could do to type up a reply with shaking fingers.

 

"What the hell Sungyeol really. You're just begging to be ed aren't you. And what is that thing on your head?"

 

The next message is sent with another inage attachment of Sungyeol's side profile, with fluffy cat ears on his head. Woohyun is really going crazy.

 

"Do you like it oppa? It's my cat ears!"

 

He can't take this--he can't take another hour. , he's popping a in the middle of History!

 

"What the what the I'm in class Lee Sungyeol stop it"

 

"Stop what?" smiley face. Cursed, evil smiley face. Woohyun chews his lip as he crosses his legs, trying to conceal a very awkward crotch.

 

 

 

He ignores it, tries to, until the last bell rings.

 

"Just so you know I'm about to own you you motherer," he types as he packs his bag up and runs out the school gates as fast as he can.

 

"Ooh, happy birthday to me! :)))"