Comforting

Delicious Cookies

Comforting

 

[Normal POV]

Kristine sat at a bench in a quiet park, only the sound of rain hitting the concrete, making soft pattering noises in the silence. 

L. Joe rolled Kristine's luggage through the wet barrier, seeing the small girl sitting on a bench, noticing her dark eyes and slumped shoulders. L. Joe placed the luggage beside him as he folded his arms behind his head, sitting beside the girl, eyeing her and wondering how to comfort her.

"You can leave, L. Joe," Her voice came out as a whisper, barrely catching the attention of the older man. He turned to her.

"You can stay with me tonight if you need a place to stay... It's expensive for a hotel room." He trailed off. He didn't really know why he was helping this girl who had a lot of drama running in her life all of a sudden when he just met her not even 2hours before.

She shook her head, looking at her folded hands in her lap, the rain hitting her heated skin on her hands, soothing her like a lullaby, "I've caused you enough trouble. Just go."

Her hands unfolded to reveal a silver necklace of a butterfly carrying a heart. L. Joe eyed the object curiously. "What's that?"

Kristine smiled to herself bitterly as she responded,"This is the last promise he's just broke today... He promised to love me forever and that I was the only one for him... what a load of , and I was dumb enough to believe him..."

L.Joe watched as the younger girl bit her lip in frustration at herself. He let a sigh escape his lips as he hesitantly placed a hand on top of Kristine's leg, attempting to comfort her. "It's not your fault, he's the idiot who decided to cheat on you. Don't blame yourself for something that isn't your fault"

Kristine remained in her own thoughts as her thumb carassed the clear crystal butterfly, grasping the object in her hand, squeezing the wings between her palm and fingers tight enough to pierce the skin. L. Joe's eyes widened as Kristine didn't notice the pain, squeezing harder as tears rolled down her cheeks.

L. Joe quickly unravelled the small hands that were wrapped around the piece of jewelry as he started to analyze the wound.

Kristine turned her head, looking away from L. Joe's actions, muttering, "Let it be, I'm fine." L. Joe just shook his head in dissapproval. He knelt in front of the sitting woman, wrapping her hand with a piece of fabric he tore from his shirt. Kristine's eyes widened as she saw the man applying the cloth to her injury and bitterly turned away.

"He hurt me so much that I can't even feel pain any more, how pathetic can I be?" She asked herself as she looked out at the Han River, the surface being shot with millions of shotguns as the rain drizzled on the surface of the river.

L. Joe eyed the wrapped hand before gently placing it down back in Kristine's lap, standing up, looking out at the river as well. "You're not pathetic. You're only pathetic if you continue to clench to him as if you need him to survive. You don't need someone like that, you can do better than that, you just need to pick yourself upp and show him what he lost," Kristine's eyes traveled to L. Joe's face, awed from his statement, and then looked at the rain-covered ground.

He turned and flashed a smile at the girl before saying, "My offer still stands." Kristine stood, looking out at the Han River before lifting her hand up, looking at the cloth-covered limb. She turned to the tall man beside her who also looked out at the Han River, giving a slight nod, making a small smile lift his lips upward.

---------- At L. Joe's Apartment ----------

L. Joe opened the door to his small apartment, wiggling the doorknob to swing open the wooden door, revealing a well organized home, everything clean as Kristine examined her new surroundings for the next 48hours, considering her flight back to the states.

"Bathroom's that way and guest room's that way," L. Joe began spattering directions of things in the house to his guest, pointing his fingers in the directions of the rooms he was listing off.

Kristine nodded as she walked in the direction of the guest room, stretching out on the queen-sized bed, exhaustion taking over her body. She hadn't had time to over come the jetlag of the flight, and now her body was catching up with it's mental state of confusion, stress and shock of the day's activities.

She looked up toward the ceiling, tracing the patterns of the ceiling with her eyes before they became heavy and closed as she drifted off to the rest her body needed.

After Kristine fell asleep in her room, L. Joe continued to make a snack, getting it ready for his new visitor. He understood jetlag, he had to overcome it many times when performing overseas. And seeing such a young girl wipped from jetlag and heart ache was no doubt worse than he had ever endured.

He walked into the guest room, finding Kristine asleep soundly and sat beside her sleeping figure, the plate in his lap as he studed her face.

She was no doubt beautiful.

Long midnight black hair fell to her shoulders, an even natural tan coated her skin as deep brown eyes were covered by her eyelids as she conintued to sleep, steadily breathing as L. Joe studied her features closely. He smiled as he noticed he was staring at the sleeping girl and stood up from the bed, turning to looks at the girl's face again.

A loose strand of hair fell into her face. L. Joe leaned over hesitantly, reaching for the strand and tucking it softly behind her ear, his breath hitching as he felt his heart rate increase from the contact of his finger brushing against her cheek softly. He pulled away quickly, pressing his hand against his chest, hoping it would slow down, his other hand still carrying the plate.

L. Joe placed the small pile of kimbab beside Kristine's bedside, a note waiting for her for when she woke up. L. Joe tiptoed out of the room, turning around to find the girl's face at peace, sleeping soundely.

He smiled before leaving the jetlag-ridden girl.

---------- 3hours later ----------

Kristine woke up and turned over, eyeing something on her bedstand, momentarily forgetting where she was located. Her head spun as she began to remember the events that had happened earlier in the day, sighing heavily before reaching out to a pile of some kind of wrap on a plate, finding a kimbab laying in her palm.

She smiled softly to herself as she stuffed the small portion in before reaching for the folded piece of paper beside the plate of snacks, popping in another little wrap of the treat. 

Her small hand picked up the piece of paper, scanning over the contents before smiling.

"Meet me in the livingroom if you're too lonely to sleep alone. -L. Joe.

P.S. Don't be afraid to wake me up... Be terrified ^^"."

Without a doubt, L. Joe's body layed on the couch, eyes closed, slight snoring making its way through his nose as he had his arms crossed, laying on his side in the direction of the tv.

Kristine rolled her eyes playfully as she then went to the kitchen to retrieve a glass of water, pulling out her phone, remembering to have to call the airport about rescheduling her flight. She dialed the number in her phone, the sound of the light clicking echoing in the house as she leaned against the counter, waiting for someone to pick up the other end of the line.

"Hello, this in the International Incheaon Airport. How may I help you?" An annoyed voice asked on the other end of the line, asking bitterly, probably from lack of sleep, considering it was now a little passed midnight.

"Excuse me, I'm Kristine Dafrine. I'm wondering if I can change my flight to the states to the earliest flight for tomorrow," Kristine asked smoothly, not sure how to come about with changing her flight sheepishly.

"Ms. Kristine Dafrine? Let me look through the records," She continued rudely, a sound of jumbling objects echoed to the receiving end of the phone, the breathy frustrations and curses soon drained as the soft voices were replaced with a louder and more clear voice, "I'm sorry to say that you had perchased a perminent visa, meaning you can't leave the country at all..."