Chapter 3

I'm sorry
Please log in to read the full chapter

You thought that this was your chance to get close with Jessica but you were wrong. It had been a week since you’ve been living here but you only get to see Jessica early in the morning or late at night.

You’ve been good at school since you thought that may be Jessica would give you more attention if you were good like she said but you couldn’t be more wrong. Jessica was busy and she barely acknowledge your presence even though you and she sleep in the same room.

You started to think that maybe she just doesn’t like you and she probably didn’t want another sister in the first place. You gave up on the good girl act and went back to being a rebel.

‘If I can’t get your attention from being good, at least I can get your attention from being bad’ you thought.

“_______-ah~” Minah, your best friend, called you. She was your only friend since you don’t really associate yourself with other. The other only wanted to be your friend cause you were Jessica’s and Krystal’s sister not because they really wanted to be your friend.

“Hi” you said.

“How’s living with Jessica unnie?” Minah asked, she know everything about you since you told her everything. She was the only one who was aware of how much you wanted Jessica’s attention.

You sighed and looked away.

“That bad huh?”

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do to get her to notice me. Am I that bad? That she doesn’t want anything to do with me”

“No, you’re not. She doesn’t see the real you like I do. It’s her lost, she doesn’t realize that she had another precious dongsaeng.”

Minah didn’t like seeing you dejected like this, you were always strong but Jessica was the only one who can make you weak like this. She doesn’t understand why Jessica just doesn’t pay attention to you. Jessica seemed like a nice loving sister when she saw her with Krystal on TV, she doesn’t know why Jessica can’t be like that to you. She knew you weren’t really a troublemakers, you only do those to get her attention.

“I don’t understand why you wanted her attention so bad, even though she had hurt you so much. You never care about other people who doesn’t give a sh*t about you so why can’t you do the same with her. You know I don’t like seeing you hurt like this”

“But she’s different, she’s my sister” you said weakly.

Minah shook her head weakly wondered if Jessica would ever know how much she had hurt you unintentionally.

“Come one, let’s go back to class, lunch is almost over” Minah held out her hand.

You shook your head, “You go. I’m not going”

Minah sighed, “call if you need anything” and left.

You left the school and went to stroll around town. It was around 1 am when you decided to go home.

Jessica was waiting for you, even though she was dead tired from her schedule. She was worried that you hadn’t come home when she got back from her schedule at 7 pm. She also got a call from school saying you didn’t show up to your afternoon class. She tried to call you but you weren’t answering your cell phone.

Jessica was pacing back and forth in the living room, hoping that nothing bad would happen to you.

You opened the door only to find, Jessica glaring at you.

“Where have you been?” Jessica asked coldly.

“Out” you said and walked toward the bedroom. You’ve been thinking when you were out, you might as well just give up getting her attention.

Jessica followed you inside the bedroom. She closed the door so she wouldn’t disturbed her members who were sleeping in case there’ll be yelling.

“Why didn’t you go to your classes? You know I already told you that I won’t tolerate any of this behaviour.” Jessica said.

“Why do you care?! Just go back to the way you pretended that I never existed in your life like you did for the past 13 years” you yelled at her with your eyes b with tears.

Jessica was taken aback by your outburst, soon she became angry that you yelled at her. She wasn’t thinking in her right mind, she was tired and she had to wait up for you, she was so worried about you and this is how you’ll treat her by yelling at her, she wasn’t going to have any of that.

She did something unexpected, she slapped you.

“Don’t you dare raise your voice at me. I’m your unnie” Jessica said with a harsh voice.

Your face sting from the slap but you just chuckled at her.

“No wonder mom and dad had to take a break from you. They probably can’t stand you with all the troubles you’ve caused. I wished you’d never born so mom and dad don’t have to deal with all the problems you’ve caused them” Jessica said in anger.

“ ‘unnie’ huh? What make you think you have to right to say that? You’ve never acted like one, all I ever wanted was your attention but no you never give it to me and you just pretended like I’ve never existed in your life. You think that you only have one sister and that was Krystal unnie, have you ever thought of me as your sister? You were just unlucky that I happened to born as your sister. Fine, if you hate me that I’ll get out of your life and you won’t ever see me again!” you yelled and ran away from the dorm crying.

Tiffany, who just came out to get a glass of water, heard everything. She saw you ran out of Jessica’s room and out of the dorm crying. She hurriedly went to check up on Jessica who just stood there and watched you ran away.

Realization was hitting her hard. Every words you said was like a slap to her face. All she ever did was neglecting you, she never pay any attention to you. She ignored you hoping that she wouldn’t have to feel how guilty she is toward you but she didn’t know that it would hurt you that bad, she didn’t know that you needed her.

“Hey, are you ok?” Tiffany asked even though she was more worry about you who ran away crying.

Jessica didn’t answer but soon she fell on the ground crying.

Tiffany panic, she didn’t know what to do, Jessica never cry. Tiffany hugged Jessica tightly trying to comfort her but it wasn’t working so she went to Taeyeon’s room.

“YAH! KIM TAEYEON!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!” Tiffany yelled at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon groaned. “Get out of here Tiff, I’m trying to sleep”

“Your girlfriend is crying, get out of bed and comfort her”

Taeyeon’s eyes popped open and she jumped out of bed to Jessica’s room. She hurriedly embraced Jessica who was breaking down crying really hard.

“Shh shhh what’s wrong Sicababy?” Taeyeon cooed.

“I’m s-sorry, I’m so sorry” Jessica could only said those words.

Taeyeon didn’t know why she was saying sorry.

Tiffany couldn’t stay still any longer.

“Stop crying Jessi, you need to say it to her not us, we need to find her.” Tiffany said before grabbing a jacket. “You and your anger” Tiffany mumbled and shook her head at Jessica.

“What’s going on?” The other members woke up due to all the yelling.

Tiffany sighed while she explained what she had witnessed between you and Jessica. Jessica only cried harder when she realized how much damaged she had done to you.

“I even slap her, what kind of a person am I?”

“Now is not the time to cry Sica-ah. We need to find her.” Sooyoung said.

“Hyoyeon and Seohyun will stayed here, just in case she come back and the rest of us will split up ok?” Tiffany said and the rest nodded.

Jessica, Tiffany, and Taeyeon was in the same car.

“Can you think of any place where she might go?” Tiffany asked.

Jessica shook her head, she didn’t really know anything about you.

“Let’s try your home first, maybe she’ll be there” Taeyeon suggested.

When they reach Jessica’s home, Jessica hurriedly ran to your room, only to find a mess there. Jessica looked around the room, this was the first time she step into your room since you were born. She noticed broken picture frames on the ground. It was a picture of you and her on your second birthday that she managed to come home. Most of the pictures were tear and ruined, she noticed that all of the pictures that was on the ground were the one you had taken with her. The rest of the pictures with you and your parents and Krystal were still hanging perfectly fine on the wall.

Jessica didn’t know that she meant this much to you, she would have never neglected to you if she kne

Please log in to read the full chapter