Confession.

A Second Chance At Love.

Despite all the teasing, L and I were still very close. We had three out of four classes together-Music, Art, and Language-which gave us more time to bond. I was personally content with that because I really did like him a lot. I'm not sure whether he felt the same for me, but it was definitely something positive, because we were always together.

That music class really started everything for us, and I'm glad that I didn't have any of my friends in the class with me, because then I wouldn't have met L.

I smiled at the thought as I ate my lunch. We weren't at our usual spot but on the bleachers at the field. I grew pretty close to Infinite and Hyorin unnie after eating lunch with them that day a few months ago, and it was great to have such nice and caring friends. I was later introduced to Bora's two other friends; Soyu unnie and Dasom. We bonded instantly because they seemed pretty friendly too with common interests, but their taunts about me and L were no joke.

I didn't say I minded though.

Because I secretly liked it. Is it still too early to admit that yet?

We had gotten close enough to the point where we poked me other a lot and had a fair amount of skinship. We still weren't dating yet though. It felt like a game of tugging and pulling.

I couldn't tell whether he liked me or not and was constantly battling with myself. Does he like me? Does he know I like him? Will he confess? Should I confess first? What if I get rejected? Worrying thoughts clouded my mind as I nibbled thoughtfully on my noodles. I felt a weight against me and looked down in surprise to see L leaning back against my legs and looking up at me with a smile.

My heart fluttered and started hammering itself against my chest, as I looked at him, seemingly unable to breathe. The sunlight was hitting his face at a flattering angle and gave his eyes a glitter as he turned the corners of his lips up into a smile. Why couldn't I see all of this before?

"What are you thinking?" He asked, poking my calf. I blushed and poked his cheek back. "Nothing~"

He narrowed his eyes and and playfully pouted at me. "Don't lie Hwayoung-ah, I know you're thinking about something!" I laughed nervously. "Why do you think that?" He laughed and gestured as if that proved his point. "Because I've been calling you and waving my hands in front of your face for the past minute! I just gave up from straining my arm and sat down, using you as a backrest." He grinned at me cheekily.

I pushed his shoulders lightly. "Yah, I'm not a chair you know! You're so heavy!" I whined jokingly. He turned around. "Maybe you're just weak?" He winked at me. I glared and pushed his cheek back to face the front.

"Yah, you bully!" He leaned his head against my knees and laughed, reaching up a hand to play with a strand of my hair as I leaned down to glare at him. "Aigoo, Hwayoung-ah, I was just kidding~" I batted his hand away and messed up his hair instead. "L-ah, your hair is itchy on my knees!" He turned his head side to side as if to spite me. I giggled at the tickling sensation. "Yaah!"

"Aigoo, I can't eat around these two just blatantly flirting in front of us." Woohyun oppa mock glared at us, pushing his food away. Dongwoo poked his chopsticks into Woohyun's thermos who immediately snatched it back.

"Yah, who said you could eat my lunch?" Dongwoo glared at him. "'Yah'? I'm your hyung you little rascal!"  And they started hitting each other, bickering again like an old couple. I glared at the both of them.

"Who ever said we were flirting?" They stopped at looked at me with ridiculous expressions. "Hwayoung-ah, that was the worst excuse ever! Don't be a pabo, everyone can see it!"

Soyu poked me playfully. "That's right! Don't deny it, you guys LOOOOVE each other! We approve of you guys anyway!" I looked at her, feeling my face go hot. "Unnie, not you too!" She laughed and went back to eating her lunch.

I looked over to see L smiling, seemingly at her remark. My heart fluttered in glee and I poked his cheek again. "What are you smiling about, hmm?" He looked at me and immediately turned light pink and flustered. "N-nothing! What are you saying?" I laughed, confirming that it was Soyu unnie's remark that he was smiling at. That made me really happy, because that meant that he must've liked me back too.

Sungjong groaned. "Just date already!" We glared at him simultaneously together. He gasped and grabbed Bora. "Omomo! Bora-ah, did you see that? They glared at me at the same time! They're already thinking alike!" Bora laughed and patted his arm comfortingly.

"We've been saying that they're dating for the past two months. Everyone, they're dating right?" she looked around in our group and everyone nodded their heads. All except Sungyeol who had been just eating lunch with us quietly, a melancholic expression on his face.

I ignored that and put my head on my lap from embarrassment, momentarily forgetting that L's head was still on my knees. "You guys..."

Hoya laughed and exclaimed, "Look, they're putting their heads together! Trying to have a first kiss there hmm?" Dasom looked and cooed, "You guys are the cutest couple ever! I ship you guys!"

L quickly got up from leaning against me and I quickly lifted my head up, even more embarrassed. We moved slightly apart from each other in embarrassment. L shifted around and fidgetted. "A-ani! We're not dating!"

Sunggyu shook his head while everyone exclaimed "Liars!" He looked at us affectionately. "Hwayoung-ah, you're the only girl who has ever made L this flustered, did you know that? You guys are totally dating." L blushed a shade harder and threw his empty container at him.

"Hyung! Stop exposing me!" That statement made everyone go wild because he did indirectly admit that what Sunggyu was saying was true. 

"OHHH LOOK AT THAT!"

"DEFENSIVE MUCH?"

"HE ADMITTED IT! OTP, OTP!" [A/N, for those who don't know, OTP means "one true pairing".]

"SEE, I TOLD YOU THEY WERE DATING!"

"WAS THAT A CONFESSION?!"

"HE DIDN'T DENY IT!"

"SO IT'S AN INDIRECT CONFESSION!"

L shot daggers at Sunggyu oppa from all of the taunts and he just sat there and puffed out his cheeks, smiling sheepishly.

I looked at all of them in horror as Bora shook me wildly, laughing uncontrollably in the process. "Yah, micheoseo? Hajima!" I tried to pry her off of me while at the same trying keeping balance. But once I got her arms off of me, Dongwoo was swaying me and L back and forth, laughing like a seal. "Aigoo, you guys are daebak!"

L looked at me while we were being swayed around, a shy smile playing on his lips. I returned his shy smile and felt my heart stutter. Omo, is this what love feels like?

But then I looked over to see Sungyeol looking away from us while everyone was teasing us like there was no tomorrow. I looked at him worriedly. What was wrong with him? Did he not feel well? Why didn't he tell me anything? Apart from L and Sungjong, who was more feminine than me, he was one of the closest guy friends I had, and it was pretty much the same for him.

He had told me once that I was his closest girl friend and I do take pride in that. We were close enough to give each other funny nicknames and accept it; we were inseparable. However, it worried me when he didn't say anything and looked slightly hurt and bothered. I looked at him questioningly while everyone was playing around, but he just smiled weakly back at me.

I walked over and sat down beside him and put a hand on his arm. I saw him flinch slightly and I frowned, wondering what was wrong with him. "Gwenchana, Yeollie oppa? You look really bothered. In fact, you've been like that during lunch everyday for the past month!" He winced and turned away. "You've noticed?" I gawked at him.

"Of course I noticed! You're my best friend! How would I not notice? Besides, you're always like a child, goofing off and always laughing! Now you're like a black cloud just hovering around us! What's wrong Yeollie oppa? Tell me!" I urged him, shaking his arm slightly. He sighed and got up. "Ani, nothing is wrong Hwaie-ah. I'll see you later." He patted my back and got up, leaving me staring after him in confusion and even more worry than before.

There was definitely something wrong, whether he admitted it or not. It's been bothering at the back of my mind for the past month now and he still wouldn't say anything about it. Does he not trust me? I frowned, deep in thought while everyone played around, teasing L and pulling me in, oblivious to Sungyeol's absence.

♫~◄~♔~►~♫ 

Everyone else ditched us because they thought we were being too lovey dovey, and said something about not wanting to be third wheels. They ran out to the field, playing frisbee with each other. I sighed, a part of me happy that we got to have another half hour to ourselves while the other half was nervous about being alone. What if I say something stupid and he thinks I'm a pabo? 

An awkward silence filled up the air and suffocated me until I couldn't take it anymore. "I'm sorry for being so awkward L-ah. It's like when we first met." I laughed sheepishly and fiddled around with my fingers, looking down at my lap. He moved closer and sat next to me, our shoulders touching. "Hmm, like three months ago?" I looked up and smiled softly like him.

"Ne. Like then, when you called me an awkward turtle." He laughed and bumped me lightly with his shoulder. "Yah, you still remember that? I was just kidding though. You were so awkward but it was cute." My head perked up and I looked at him, not believing what my ears just heard.

"Mwoh? What did you just say?" I leaned in closer to his shoulder, looking at him. He hid his eyes under his fringes and muttered it again, super softly, while turning his head away. "I said it was cute."

I smiled at how embarrassed he was and leaned in even closer, placing one hand on his arm and the other reaching out to brush away his fringes from his eyes. My heart thumped at my bold action and I mentally high fived myself. I've liked him for over two months now,but it felt longer because I was afraid of showing any signs that I really liked him a lot. Finally, it really did feel like he felt the same way about me.

I looked at him in the eyes and smiled happily. "Chincha? Do you really mean it?" He turned over and smiled softly at me, cheeks pink. "Yeah, I mean it." I grinned back and hugged him briefly before pulling back, still not brave enough to do anything that bold yet. "Aww, gomawo L-ah! You're adorable when you're embarrassed too."

He looked over, surprised, and I ducked my head under my hair, heart thumping madly and not able to meet his eyes. "You really think that?" I heard him ask softly. I nodded my head quickly, looking like a spazzing mop with my hair all over my face. He chuckled and brushed my hair away from my face and put it behind my ears.

"Gomawo Hwayoung-ah. You don't have to be embarrassed." I peeked one eye over at him, trying to see what his expression was like. He looks so happy while saying that to me...does that mean he really does like me then? I'm not imagining things, right?

He smiled softly and placed his hand on the back of my head, gently patting it and pulling me towards him. I scooted closer to him and leaned against his shoulder, surprised at his sudden action. I heard him take a deep breath and he nudged me with his shoulder softly. "Hwayoung-ah..." I turned my head to look up at him, and gulped when I realized how close our heads were to each other. "N-ne..."

"So...they've been saying that we're dating for a while now." I heard him say nervously. I was worried. What if he was trying to saying that he didn't like me in that way and only wanted to be friends? Cautiously I nodded slowly.

"So...I would really like it if we... actually starting dating Hwayoung-ah..." I spun my head around to look him in shock. "Chincha?!" He nodded nervously. "Yeah..."

After a moment of shock, I realized what he'd said and flung my arms around him, pulling him in for a tight embrace. I heard him gasp and laughed. "I would LOVE it L-ah!" I pulled back, grinning at him widely before hugging him away. I gave a shriek of delight.

"I've been waiting so long to hear you say that!" He laughed and hugged me back just as tightly. "Aigoo, I thought you didn't like me that way!"

I looked at him with my mouth agape. "ARE YOU KIDDING?! I'VE LIKED YOU FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS, PABO-AH! DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND MY SUBTLE SIGNALS?" I quickly covered my mouth, shocked at my own sudden outburst, but that was because I was just so ridiculously happy and in disbelief.

He laughed sheepishly. "I wasn't sure, so I was afraid to confess. I didn't want to get rejected." I shook my head furiously. "I would never reject you L-ah!" My hands shot up again, this time in embarrassment. He laughed and pulled my hands down, holding it in his lap.

"I see now, Youngie-ah, and I'm glad I decided to say something today. I really am." I laughed giddily and wrapped him in a bear hug again. "Oppa! I can finally call you oppa!" 

He chuckled in my ear. "You could've always called me that. You call some of the others that anyway." I shook my head against his head. "I wanted to only call you oppa when you're finally mine. I wanted it to be special..." I whispered softly. He rubbed my back soothingly. "Call me Myungsoo oppa then, or whatever you want to call me."

I pulled back and frowned a bit at him. He frowned back at me in confusion. "What's wrong?" I shook my head and smiled again. "I just remembered that you never told me why others called you L as the nickname." He smiled a bit shyly and reached for my hands.

"I was the only guy in Infinite who's never liked a girl as a girlfriend before, so the others made it an inside joke and called me L for Lonely. But now that I have you, I think Lonely should be changed to Love." I looked at him in awe. "That was so sweet! So I'm your first girlfriend then?" He shook his head and my heart dropped a bit. I'm not? Who was his first then?

Seeing my disappointed look he chuckled and poked my cheek. "You're the first girl I've ever liked AND my first girlfriend, Youngie-ah."

I grinned and he grinned back, opening his arms, indicating for me to go to him. I laughed and laid down in his arms, leaning against his chest as we watched our friends continue playing frisbee happily, oblivious to what special bond had just happened between us. I smiled and looked at him. He looked at me and laughed too, looking down at our interwined hands. Gomawo, Kim Myung Soo.


Hey everyone! I'm trying to update as much as possible and finally got the part where L confesses to Hwayoung! Yaaaay~ I hope this chapter was lovely enough for you because I worked extra hard on it; it's a pretty long chapter after all. Anyways, subscribe and upvote! SARANGHAE!