The Longer I Run

The Longer I Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He found it too easy to be a coward.

The ease made it appealing. Being a coward meant that he’d avoid conflict, that things would go the way they always have. It was easier to not have to deal with any judgment, to let everyone else live in ignorance and bliss. It was easier that way. No one else was hurting or disappointed. Just him.

“Easy doesn’t mean it’s right.”

Luhan sat up straighter when a bottle of beer was unceremoniously placed on the table before him by his bartender friend. “What are you talking about?”

“Oftentimes, the right thing is the hardest to do.” Sooyoung shot him a look even as her hands were busy making a strawberry margarita.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“My friend, do not make the mistake of making either of us look stupid. It doesn’t fit either of us.” She rolled her chocolate colored eyes at him. “Sehun has a gig here tomorrow.”

“I know.”

Sooyoung smirked. “Don’t be a chicken and show up tomorrow.” She turned around to continue working, but she ended up muttering the last part to herself.

“Like you always have for the everyday for the last few weeks.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was easier to go with the flow, to be whoever everyone expected and needed you to be.

It was easier to run and escape and hide.

But Luhan was a masochist, or so he lamely convinced himself as the sole reason why he was back at the club the next night.

He stayed in his usual spot by the bar, perched on the stool with an ice cold bottle of beer before him. He’d already had two so far and the once sitting pretty in front of him was his two and a half for now. Sooyoung was busy worki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter