final

obsession

 

 

Jonghyun never knew  what Jinki saw with a pathetic excuse for a boyfriend that is Lee Joon; the guy was practically a walking player with girls dangling on his arms while he was Jinki’s boyfriend. But despite not knowing the reason why the older liked that man so badly, Jonghyun became the best friend that Jinki expected him to be.

 

And that is why he is handing the said crying mop of caramel brown hair on his shoulder a piece of tissue. 

 

“He… “ Jinki blew his nose as Jonghyun sighed for the nth time that night.

 

“He stood you up on your date.” Jonghyun finished and Jinki sobbed louder, reminding the failed date that was supposed to be their 8th monthsary.

 

He had called Jonghyun earlier to pick him up and that led to another crying session inside Jonghyun’s apartment. 

 

The only good thing about this arrangement was that Jonghyun was having his usual insomnia and Jinki as company for the night wasn’t at all bad; it was great even.

 

“hyung, why would you still tolerate his behavior?” Jonghyun asked as he rubbed comforting circles on the back of the older.

 

“I love him.” Came Jinki’s simple reply that made Jonghyun sighed a little bit louder.

 

“I just don’t understand  hyung, it’s more of an obsession than love.’ Jonghyun muttered to himself as Jinki relaxed in his arms and soon dozed off.

 

Jonghyun smiled as he watched the older tire himself from crying, and his adorable tear stained face was all too much for Jonghyun that he restrained himself from kissing the pouty pink lips or the perfect little nose of his beloved hyung.

 

He shifted his body and soon, Jinki was toppling over him on the sofa as his back was flushed on the cushion, Jinki sleeping on top of him. As much as he wanted this to last, he figured that it won’t be a good sight in the morning when Joon comes to pick his boyfriend up and make up sleazy excuses. 

 

He then  wrapped an arm around Jinki to pull him up but the older resisted and instead buried his face on Jonghyun’s chest, his arms around the younger’s waist and his legs were tangled with Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was helpless in this situation but it was a good kind of helplessness, because Jinki as this close and this intimate. 

 

And so Jonghyun decided that perhaps he should be a little selfish and indulge himself in this rare moment while he can, while his heart was still delighted and every nerve in his body was tingling at the mere breath of the older snuggled close to him.

 

The morning wasn’t pleasant at all for Jonghyun because he heard shouting and glasses breaking. He rubbed his eyes as he tried to adjust to the blinding light. He saw two figures arguing and his precious picture frames being shattered into pieces as Joon created a havoc in his apartment.

 

“Will you two ing shut up!” Jonghyun shouted, quite irritated at the chaos Jinki and his of a boyfriend was making inside his apartment. “For ’s sake don’t mess my house. You have yours so do it there!” Jonghyun shouted and Joon glared at him and threw the plate towards Jonghyun’s direction.

 

Jonghyun dodged it and the china collided with the wall. This made Jonghyun furious so he approached Joon and pushed him towards the wall.

 

“What is your problem?” Jonghyun asked and Joon pushed him back.

 

‘My problem is you! You are stealing my boyfriend” Joon said with an angry tone.

 

“Stop it Joon. Nothing happened between us!” Jinki uttered but faced him and slapped him on the cheek.

 

“You dare to defend your acts!” Joon shouted as Jinki held the sore cheek, tears b on the side of his eyes. 

 

Jonghyun looked at him infury and grabbed Joon’s collar and backed him on the wall. “Don’t you dare lay a finger at Jinki Hyung!” Jonhyun said through gritted teeth.

 

“I already did.” Joon said coolly.

 

“And I’ll make sure you’ll suffer.” Jonghyun responded and soon enough, he was throwing punches at Joon and beating him up quite badly.

 

“Jonghyun! Stop it!” Jinki shouted. Trying to restrain Jonghyun from killing Joon. After some tries, Jinki was able to push Jonghyun off of Joon and pulled the boyfriend out of the apartment.

 

“Don’t even think about asking for my help when that bastard hurt you again! I’m done with you!” Jonghyun shouted fiercely but let out his tears as he closed the doors with a loud slam and slid down to the floor at how ed up his head is; because no matter how hard he tried, it seemed that Jinki would never love him back.

 

 

 

If Jinki was obsessed with Joon, then Jonghyun is a step further. Jonghyun wanted and craved Jinki like a drug, he was addicted to the male who had been a friend since they were in diapers. He had held strong feelings for him for quite too long that he just couldn’t accept the elder’s decision to accept Joon as his boyfriend.

 

 He downed the last of his whiskey and asked for another, his alcohol tolerance was way up the charts. When another glass was handed to him, a person sat next to him and took the glass away and drank it. He looked at the person, ready to beat him up but held his anger when he saw the familiar face of his Jinki hyung, a few bruises on his pale skin were still evident despite the dim lighting of the posh club.

 

He raised his hand and ordered another glass, scoffing as he yanked the hand off of his shoulder and down the entire glass in one go before standing up to leave.

 

“Jonghyun.” Jinki called out but Jonghyun did not look back. Jinki ran to catch up with the friend and held his wrist. Jonghyun shrugged it off but Jinki was persistent.

 

“Jonghyun please listen to me.” Jinki said but Jonghyun just laughed and then turned to leave.

 

“I’m already done listening hyung, about your obsession with a ing bastard.” Jonghyun said and then left the place, boarding his car and driving at top speed. 

 

Jinki looked hurt with Jonghyun’s words but he can’t help by blame himself for it, the younger was right. He felt warm liquid down his cheeks ad he couldn’t believe how sentimental he was over Jonghyun, how it hurt to watch his friend slip away from him because he made a ing mistake.

 

He went to the bathroom to wash his pathetic face and to somehow think a little clearer. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and was appalled at the ghastly appearance of his own face; he looked dead to be honest. He shook his head furiously as he tried to stop the tears from falling yet again, at the thought of Jonghyun    being right about Joon, how stupid he was to be infatuated with a guys so evil and forgot the best friend that was always beside him.

 

He was about to enter his car when his phone vibrated. He took it out and Jonghyun’s picture appeared along with his number, oh how he missed the boy so much after the long separation. He answered the call but was surprised that it wasn’t Jonghyun who called him.

 

“This is officer Jung of the Gangnam Police District. Are you Lee Jinki?” The person asked and Jinki answered politely. “I am afraid to inform you sir that Jonghyun was in a car accident…” The officer said and Jinki broke down hysterically.

 

“Don’t tell me … I… Jonghyun!” Jinki sobbed and the officer tried to calm him down.

 

“He’s alive sir, he’s in the hospital right now and will receive some surgery, if you could come for some interview?” Officer Jung said and Jinki immediately responded that he’ll be there in 15 minutes.

 

And it did took him 15 minutes, a couple of over speeding tickets and a broken tail light, to get to the hospital where Jonghyun was still inside the OR to receive some surgery on his broken nose.

 

“he just had minor injury, I’m sorry if it freaked you out.” Officer Jung handed him some coffee to calm him down. “You were on speed dial 1 so I figured you were very important to him. His things” Officer Jung handed him Jonghyun’s belongings, including his wallet and a composition book.

 

“He’ll face some charges but are bailable, we’ll be back in the morning to interview Mr. Kim.” Officer Jung said then took his leave.

 

Jinki thanked him and drank the coffee in one go before browsing through the composition book. Jinki’s tears welled up as he read each heartfelt lyrics Jonghyun had written. He read Selene 6.23, and his tears fell at the meaningful words of the younger, of his longing and his heartache. He then read symptoms and it hurt to read such words from Jonghyun, of his addiction to this person who had made him suffer.

 

The last song on the book was written fairly recently and was titled obsession. The song talked of the pain of loving a difficult person, who had eyes for another man. Jinki felt familiar with the words and he couldn’t help but relate to it, was the song about him?

 

Jinki was able to see Jonghyun after the surgery and the poor boys head was covered in bandages. Jinki held Jonghyun’s hand and kissed it before resting his head on the side of the bed and closed his eyes; their hands intertwined.

 

Jinki woke up and saw Jonghyun fiddling with a pen and a paper that a nurse handed to him as requested. He straightened his back and felt something slide from his back, there was a blanket draped over him. 

 

“Jonghyun?” Jinki called out but the younger did not respond, he just continued to scribble on the paper.

 

“Jonghyun.” Jinki said, now sitting next to Jonghyun and then took the paper from the table. 

 

Jonghyun did not respond, instead, he just looked out to his window and got lost in his own world. Jinki read the scribbles and was tearing up as he read the words of endearment, of love and friendship.

 

“What’s it’s title?” Jinki asked but Jonghyun did not respond. “It’s beautiful.” Jinki added and finally jonghyun took the paper and wrote something on it You are Beautiful hyung. 

 

Jinki was shedding fat tears as he read the simple line, and it connected all those pieces of information; the song lyrics, the longing gaze, the hurt when he left and now the silence between them. He took Jonghyun’s hands and kissed them.

 

“I’m sorry this took so long Jonghyun, but …” Jinki took out bracelet from his pocket and placed it on Jonghyun’s left wrist. “I want to be more than friends. Be my boyfriend Kim Jonghyun.” Jinki asked, hopeful that it wasn’t too late for him.

 

Jonghyun scribbled again and Jinki launched himself on Jonghyun’s chest and cried hard.

 

 I can see it in your eyes hyung, finally you came to realize that I love you.

 

Jinki wailed loudly as he held Jonghyun in place, the hospital gown slowly soaking in tears, yet Jonghyun never bothered. He then wrapped his arm around Jinki and tried to smile amidst the pain of surgery.

 

“I love you Jonghyun. I love you.” Jinki muttered, voice muffled but Jonghyun understood it clearly.

 

 

---- 

 

a/n: Not what I had planned… it is very crappy too T.T forgive the lameness of this fic *apologizes*