What?

Papa?


Yifan knocked on the door of his next door neighbor with a noticeable blush on his face. He was known as a man who would never ask for help. Yifan swallowed up all his pride and humbled a bit to persuade his neighbor. Jian, his son, was standing next to him, hugging his leg. He looked up at his mother and noticed he looked nervous. The boy stared at the door in front of them.

The door opened revealing a shirtless male with a drowsy look on his face. He became embarrassed about how he looked and immediately shut the door. Yifan's blush darkened and looked to the side. Jian could hear the loud footsteps from inside. He wondered why it was taking so long to put a shirt on. Yifan's neigbor finally opened the door with a blush spread across his face. He panted a bit before asking, "What brings you here, Mr. Wu?"

"Stop with the formalities, just call me Yifan. I know this is a big request, but may you allow us in your home for a few weeks? It will only be until I can find a job and afford a home for my son and I," Yifan explained to his handsome neighbor, Park Chanyeol. The man leaned against the doorway and thought about it. He wasn't very close with the single father and was aware he was openly gay.

Chanyeol stared at Yifan, who took his coat off and handed it to his son. Jian asked to be carried, and Yifan granted his wish. He wasn't coldhearted to allow a boy of his age to live on the street. He finally came to a conclusion, "You can stay for the time being."

Yifan smiled warmly and bowed, "Thank you so much, Mr. Park."

"Oh, you can call me by Mr. Park, but I can't call you Mr. Wu?" Chanyeol asked.

Yifan replied, "Mr. Wu sounds stiff, and you didn't give me permission to call you by your first name."

Jian hugged his mother and rested his head upon his shoulder. He rubbed his eyes with his hands and yawned. The boy was rather tired since he hasn't slept in a while. Chanyeol stepped aside to let them in and closed the door when he entered. The owner of the home showed Yifan where he could sleep. The father smiled and thanked him again. Yifan placed his sleepy son on the bed and kissed his head.

Chanyeol watched the cute moment in front of him. He wondered how Yifan lost both his job and home. He decided to ask him tomorrow upon seeing Yifan falling asleep. He stepped into the room and carried Yifan in a bridal style. He walked to the other side of bed and lied him down. Chanyeol propped his pillow so his neck wouldn't be sore. Yifan originally fell asleep in a position that seemed uncomfortable.

Chanyeol smiled and left the room. He closed the door after he left the room and headed to his own room. He wondered if he'll get used to living with people. He was so used to living alone with a few friends to hang out with. He was practically known as a loner by his other neighbors. Chanyeol took his shirt off and discarded it. He jumped back into bed and sighed.

 

The next day, Chanyeol was woken up by Yifan's sweet soft voice. He groaned a bit and didn't feel like waking up soon. It wasn't until the a delicious aroma entered his nostrils. He woke up instantly and saw a cute sight. Yifan was wearing his apron and held a tray full of food. He looked at Yifan and asked, "You made this?"

"Yes, as another way to say thank you," Yifan smiled, making Chanyeol blush a bit.

"I was wondering how did you lose both your job and house?"

Yifan looked at him with an obvious somber look. He answered, "My boyfriend and I worked in the same job, but after a heated argument. He fired me. Stupid, huh? He also offered to pay my bills, but since we broke up. I was unable to pay for the bills that came after."

Chanyeol saw tears form in Yifan's eyes. He allowed him to sit down on the bed with him. He looked at him and softly said, "Sorry for asking."

"It's alright, you were unaware of what happened." Yifan forced a smile on his face.

 

As days passed by, Chanyeol and Yifan were becoming rather close. They ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner together along with Jian. The boy watched the occasional affections the two men shared. For example, Jian had caught his mother kissing Chanyeol's forehead when he fell asleep. Another time, Chanyeol hugged Yifan, who slept next to him as they watched a movie together.

The boy watched his mother play with Chanyeol's hair as he sat down on his lap. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Yifan as he concentrated on reading a book. The boy sat in a chair far away from them. He watched them enter a couple-like atmosphere. He got off his seat and approached the two men. Yifan noticed his son walk towards them and smiled. The boy grinned and ran to his mother.

"Mama! Mama!" Jian stopped in front of the sofa and realized he'll have much difficulty getting up. Chanyeol placed his book down and helped Jian. The boy grinned and thanked him, "Papa!"

Chanyeol looked at him with a confused expression. Yifan laughed with a small blush. The only word that came from Chanyeol's mouth was, "What?"

"Papa! Papa! Play!" Jian jumped into his mother's arms.

Chanyeol blushed as he looked at Jian. He actually had a crush on the adorable single father, but thought he should give up, knowing he had a boyfriend. Chanyeol was so happy when he heard Yifan had broken up with his boyfriend, Yunho. Yifan smiled at Jian and said, "No, Jian, he-"

"Yes, I'm papa," Chanyeol interrupted Yifan.

The father of the boy faced Chanyeol with a surprised expression. Chanyeol faced Yifan whispered into his ear, "I love you."

Chanyeol managed to get Yifan off of him and went to play with Jian. The boy jumped up and down and ordered to be carried. Yifan's face was red as he stared at Chanyeol. His handsome and sweet neighbor decided to stay in Yifan's heart, permanently. The single father was no longer available to woo. Yifan hide his in Chanyeol's book and said, "I love you too."