One

The Boy Next Door

photo FlowerBasket.jpg

 

 

 

Little rays of sunlight scattered through the vast garden of the Do’s, each adding a beautiful glow to the newly acquired petunias that is carefully place in a small plant box Mrs. Do created. The combination of red, purple and white attracts the attention of little Kyungsoo, scurrying to his mother’s side with a minute colorful book in his tiny hands.

 

“Mommy! Mommy!” he jumps, excited to see the lively colored flowers up-close.

 

His mom smiled, picking him up to rest on her arms, “Do you like it?”

 

Tiny Kyungsoo nods, eyeing the flowers once more before telling her mom to put him back down. He’s worried that he is getting heavier and his mom might lose her arms one day for carrying him around.

 

“It’s really pretty!” he frails him arms up, emphasizing his words. Mrs. Do smiled, gently patting the brown haired boy. Her smile sends warm to Kyungsoo, just like any mother would be to her children. He likes seeing her mom looking like that, lively and full of colors that emit the same vibes of the flowers.

 

As soon as she finished arranging the flowers to the wooden box, the bell from the front door rang, sending Kyungsoo up to his feet, again, from playing on the lawn with Pengu, a cute little shih tzu his father brought for his fourth birthday. He scurried to the front door, bringing little peck of dirt from the ground to the white glazed flooring of the house. Mrs. Do simply laughed to her little son’s behavior- cutely running with his bare feet while Pengu is trying to win him through the door.

 

“Mommmmy!” little Kyungsoo shouted from the porch, jumping to reach to door knob of the wooden front door. Mrs. Do followed after him, each step missing the footprints Kyungsoo left.

 

Her hand hadn’t even reached the knob when Kyungsoo wails, “Open it! Open it!”

 

His enthusiasm all but reaches the point of craziness, ‘cause who would be this passionate just to open the door? Do Kyungsoo is. When her mom finally turns the knob, he was met with two people, all with lively smiles in their faces.

 

“Good morning.” The lady greets, her eyes crinkling as she speaks. The man with him only nods, but the warm of his smile tells that he is indeed delighted to greet them.

 

“Good morning, too.” Kyungsoo’s mom replied. “I assume new neighbors?”

 

“Yes. I’m Kim Jongwoon and this is my wife, Sooyoung.” The man put his arms around the lady, gently squeezing her arms for comfort.

 

Kyungsoo gives them his biggest smile, proud of himself that he already grown another tooth. His mom tugs his arm and smiled at him, I’m Do Minah. This is Kyungsoo, he is five years old.” His mom looks at him, “What would you say Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo jumps from his place and waves his hand, “Hi! I’m Kyungsoo! I like puppies, cookies and warm hugs!” He emphasizes with extending his arms. Sooyoung giggled, reaching for Kyungsoo and hugging him. As soon as she let go, Kyungsoo adds, “You smell like flowers! I loooooove flowers!” he slurred with his words, cutely trying to accentuates his endearment for the said plant.

 

Sooyoung-  remembering something, looks around, “Oh good! Jongin!” she slightly yelled.

 

The foreign name catches Kyungsoo’s attention, but as soon as he turns his head to ask Mr. Jongwoon who is Jongin, a little mob of black hair emerges from Mrs. Sooyoung’s side. The black hair soon turns in to a half face, only showing eyes and the upper head. A little hand quickly squeezes Mrs. Sooyoung dress; like he or she is afraid to be apart from Mrs. Soo (Kyungsoo started calling her like that because he likes to shorten things).

 

“This is Jongin”, Mr. Jongwoon introduces, “He’s our four year old son.” He softly calls, “Jongin, greet our neighbors.”

 

Kyungsoo watches in full attention, looking at the boy’s eyes like he is deciphering what the boy is being afraid of? Why wouldn’t he show his face? Is he afraid of Pengu? But Pengu is cute! Pengu would just his hands!

 

“Hi…” Jongin shyly greets. He extended his other arm, the one that is not grabbing his mom’s dress, showing a tiny brown basket enough to be filled with camellias, each with variety of shades. The basket’s wrapped by a blue ribbon, Kyungsoo’s favorite color. “You l-like flowers?”

 

Kyungsoo’s doe eyes crinkled as he nodded and smiled his biggest smile, grabbing the basket with his two hands. He admired how the flowers were arranged carefully like it had been treated kindly to be in their respected places.

 

“I’m Kyungsoo! And I like your flowers!” he told the younger, extending his arms to have a handshake, because having handshake is start of friendship right? He wants Jongin to be his friend.

 

Jongin, instead of returning the favor of handshake, simply hides behind his mother all the while hiding the pinkish hue spreading along his cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo, not the one to admit defeat on the first try, run along the back of Mrs. Soo, simply catching Jongin offguard.

 

“Do you like puppies? Or are you afraid of them? I have one! His name is Pengu! He is cute! He won’t bite! I promise!” He exclaims while running because as soon as he reach Jongin, the younger runs to his father, around, and back to Sooyoung. “I’ll let you borrow Pengu! Let’s be friends Jongin! Do you like Pororo? I. have.a.complete.series.”

Jongin, hearing the familiar word, stops, “Pororo?”

 

“Yes!” the older shouted, finally sensing his victory.

 

The younger bit his lips, contemplating whether he should consider the older’s bargain to be his friend. It’s Pororo, for goodness sake! And it’s complete. How could Kyungsoo be this persuading? And those doe eyes! How could he! He’s cheating!

 

Jongin, while shifting his legs side to side, admitted defeat, “Okay…”

 

And Kyungsoo have never been so pleased in his life.

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

 

FINALLY. YEP. FINALLY.

YES GUYSSST I’M ALIVE.

I CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN THIS.

EXCUSE THE POOP WORK.

I’VE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE MYSELF BACK AGAIN WITH THIS.

AS YOU CAN SEE OR NOTICE OR WHATEVER, I’VE BEEN KAISOO’S DEPRIVED.

BLAME THE PLATES, THE SLEEPNESS NIGHTS (AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE PLATES), THE AGONIZING TRUTH THAT I MAY OR MAY NOT FAIL MY MAJOR. MY BLOCKMATES HAVING IDENTITY CRISIS.

BUT I SURVIVED GUYS. I SURVIVED. (GOING TO HUG MY TERROR PROFESSORS)

AND MY MATH. OH MY GOD. INTEGRAL CALCULUS. YOU FEEL ME?

I..AT.MATH.

I WOULD REALLY KILL WHO INVENTED MATH.

BACK TO THE MAIN POINT.

YES I’M BACK BUT I WON’T PROMISE THAT I WILL UPDATE REGULARLY BECAUSE I’M HAVING MY JOB TRAINING THIS SEM BEFORE I GRADUATE. KEEP UP WITH ME?

AND BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAIZHOO !!!

I DEDICATE THIS UPDATE FOR HER. (CHECK HER STORY GUYS IT’S MINDBLOWINGKAISOOBLOWINGKAISOO) LOL EXCUSE THE PUN.

 VOTE AND COMMENT PRETTY PLEASE? I LURVVVE COMMENTS! BUT I LUURRVE YOU GUYS MOOORE. TEEHEE ADIOS! ♥

*SORRY FOR THE LONG AUTHOR’S NOTE. GONNA EDIT THIS WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME