The Face of an Angel

Hiding from the Melody
The Face of an Angel

 I add the finishing touches to my work, setting down my pencil. Finally satisfied, I look up at the clock, swearing loudly. The other people in the small cafe turn heads and glare.

What? I'm a teenager!

I turn my head away from their stares anyways, and bend down to grab the pile of my belongings off the floor from underneath my chair. I pile them into my arms on my first try, proud of myself. I start to get up when a journal slips and falls off the pile. I lean over to pick it up with my other things still in my arms.

Bad idea. 

The rest of the pile tumbles out of my arms, causing me to swear profusely. The same group of people turns to glare.

"Mianhaeyo!" I apologize, bowing slightly. They scoff, turning their backs to me once again. "Snobs" I mutter, picking up my things. A calendar skids across the floor, stopping at someone's feet. I tilt my head up; as the tall figure bends down to pick up the calendar off the ground. As he returns to standing position his eyes meet with mine.

My breath hitches.

My eyes widen.

I freeze.

It's Kim Jongin.

He walks over to me as I hastily stand, bowing at a 90-degree angle. I see feet appear in front of me and the body attached to them clears his throat. I stand up quickly, apologizing over and over, bowing each time.

"Mianhaeyo. Mianhaeyo, Mianh-" I repeat before I feel a strong grip on my arm.

"Stop." A kind voice says, causing me to look up into his eyes, instantly mesmerized. "I believe this is yours?" He asks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yes! Mia-" 

"Don't you dare apologize.” He threatens, causing me to shut my mouth obediently.

"Mi- I mean yes. Kamsamnida." I thank him before heading back to my table. He follows after me.

Geez this maknae is starting to get on my nerves... What does he want now?

"What?" I ask rudely, causing him to recoil. He soon recovers though, and answers by writing his number with on my sheet music. Then he winks flirtatiously at me, making me blush as he walks away. 

I lean over again to pick up all my calendars, notebooks, and binders. Suddenly there is a presence over my shoulder and I feel my body go rigid

Someone is singing a lyricless tune from behind me as I notice it's my song. Sitting up I whip my music over, glaring at the stranger. He his head like a puppy and pulls off his sunglasses.

I gasp in surprise.

Kang Minhyuk...

I know, I know I'm so lucky... I mean 2 stars in a day; any girl would die to be me right now, except for the fact that I was late to work and these two are just more distractions for me to go through.

"Yah! I was singing that!" He whines. I almost give in.

Almost.

"Oh I know." I respond nonchalantly, without a trace of all the anger I was feeling. "But this is my song and there's no reason you should be singing it."  

He pouts and I internally 'aww'. I am a big fan of CNBLUE and EXO.

And I mean BIG FAN. Even though I'm poor I usually have a little bit of spending money at the end of the week. I already have enough clothes left over from my mom, so I buy fan merchandise. By now I have HUNDREDS of items.

I'm a strong EXOtic and Boice.

I look up at the clock and panic. Grabbing my stuff and shoving it in my bag, I run out the door to the coffee shop across the street, leaving Minhyuk standing there, shocked. I run in through the back door and my co-worker and best friend, Lee Taemin, is already standing there making pots of hot coffee.

Yes I'm best friends with Lee Taemin from SHINee, but no one knows he works here or that this is his dad's shop. 

"Anneyong~" I greet cheerfully hoping he wouldn't notice I was 20 minutes late. 

"You're late Suhyun noona." He answers. I wipe the smile off my face. 

"I know... But you'll never guess whom I saw at the cafe across the street. I say mischievously, elbowing him in the side. Curiosity is his weak point and he caved.

"Who?" He asks. 

"Kang Minhyuk and Kai! My biases! I totally panicked with Kai and left Minhyuk standing in the restaurant." I say without thinking. 

"You did what?" Taemin asks, causing me to freeze, halfway through tying my apron. 

"Oh my god! Oh my god! What did I do?" I ask him hurriedly whilst shaking him, causing him to almost spill the coffee.

"Uh...you totally embarrassed yourself in front of your biases..." He says, causing me to shoot a glare to the back of his head. “Are you sure this isn’t another one of your crazy hallucinations?”

“Aniyo! I’m positive!” I argue. Suddenly remembering Kai’s number written on my sheet music. “I have proof!” He raises a disbelieving eyebrow at me, but I run over to my bag, sifting through it. “Where is it… Aish!” I mutter in frustration, and I can feel Taemin smirking with satisfaction.

The bell for the front counter rings and I look up.

“Mwo?” I ask in confusion, but I push my way through the large door anyways, my eyes settling on the one customer. His back is to me and when I walk up asking for his order, he turns, knocking the breath out of me.

“I believe this is yours.” He says, handing me the music I was searching for.

 

Author's Notes

Ahhh! First chappie! I’m a cliffie person so who do you think the “customer” is? Also shout out to exoexoverdose and she has an AWESOME story called Shut Up Kim Jongin! Haha now you know whom her bestie is! Surprised?

Now it’s bedtime! Night night!

 

THANKS TO JOKER GRAPHIC SHOP AND MARZIPAN FOR THE AMAZHANG COVER!!! 

black%20star_zpsgtdam7lg.gif