(FINAL)

Drowning in Notes

Hanmi rubbed her eyes because the alarm started to buzz in despair. She growled because she didn't want to get up from her fluffy bed until harsh knocks heard outside her room and some shouting by her beloved friend, Oh Sehun.

"Hurry up! The placement piece will be announced!!"

With that, Hanmi stormed to her bathroom and minutes later she grabbed her bag.

And her precious cello.

The students filled the lobby that lead to the hall when they would met the new conductor for this first semester. The previous one, Mr. Choi Siwon, was currently in Paris so he told his friend to replace him. All the new students kept talking about it so Hanmi just knew. The door opened and all the students rushed inside to fill the seat before the replacement place. Sehun was excited and kept on hugging his oboe like a baby with rolled eyes from Hanmi.

She was new to this kind of situation. Yeah, she was still in her first year along with Sehun. They sat side by side as the new conductor stepped inside with the assistant and manager of that orchestra, the famous Huang Zi Tao.

"Good morning everyone. Since Mr. Choi wasn't here since the holiday, I shall introduce you to Mr. Wu," Zitao said as the man who stood beside him bowed a little and shocked everyone because hell, he was tall and delicate and his eyebrows are just undescribable.

"Good intimidating eyebrows," Sehun whispered as every students hawked at the new conductor, wondering how strict his rule in the future.

"Hello everyone!" The students gasped because of his deep rich voice.

"Hi Kris!!" A bassist shouted as the conductor lifted his eyebrows, and smile.

Yeah, that killer gummy smile that made everyone froze on their spot. Even Zitao stunned as Mr. Wu waved to Chanyeol, the most accurate bassist ever in the university. Hanmi knew this guy from her previous high school and he was quite famous. She knew him so well.

"Hey there Chanyeol! Can I finish my line first?" Mr. Wu said politely as Chanyeol nodded vigorously because of unbreakable eagerness and positive aura around him.

Hanmi rolled his eyes at the sudden outburst and she knew that soon on how this gorgeous conductor knew about Chanyeol and reversed version of that question. Sehun paid attention more to that conductor as all the girls threw some flirting gaze to that eyebrow man.

Clichè.

"Now you shall went to your pieces for the placement," Mr. Wu said as Zitao handed him the list and he read it, "Beethoven Symphony number 7, and Oh! My favorite one! Holst's Planet suite! Jupiter the Bringer of Jollity!"

"He's as big as jupiter beside that pluto manager," Hanmi mocked as Sehun gasped to hear that.

"Since when you're rude?" Sehun murmured.

"What.ever," Hanmi replied carelessly.

The students shocked to see their conductor in his own fanboy world with the choices and Zitao just cleared his throat to gain Mr. Wu's attention again.

"Okay so prepare your part and we'll see you again tomorrow!" Mr. Wu announced and Zitao gave the arrangement for group performance and recital songs which Sehun and Hanmi confused at it.

"Hmm Zitao-ssi, would you explain this?" Sehun's face showed that he's clueless while Hanmi tried to keep his cool demeanor and stood up to wait for answers.

"So you must practice the group performance with people listed there and prepare the songs for individual recital which listed there too. It will be show in the last week of the semester. I guess you are new right?" Zitao gladly explained as the both didn't think to converse this calm with the manager.

"Thank you," Hanmi said as they bowed and left the hall.

"So, who's your partners? Must be some violinists or violist right?" Sehun peeked to Hanmi's group list. "Oh God!"

"What?" Hanmi at last stared at the names and Sehun pointed at the names. "Do Kyung Soo, Kim Jongin? Lee Jae In? What? What's wrong?"

"Don't you know who they are?" Sehun gasped.

"Who?"

"Kim Jongin, one of the popular violinist in high school, freshman like us. Do Kyung Soo, a second year, famous for his skill in violin too. Have you heard that he was a concertmaster back then? And Lee Jae In, the violist, she was quite popular because girls didn't usually learn viola. Remember, she is in her second year like Kyung Soo," Sehun ended his explanation as Hanmi tried to remember the articles that she read in her spare time about music.

"Oh okay," Hanmi remembered the names and shoved the paper to her bag messily (the cello is that big that she hardly reach her shoulder bag).

"So what's for today?" Sehun took his schedule and Hanmi did too.

They both frowned to see it.

Music History Class.

"Just dead," Hanmi announced and they walked to the room.

As they predicted, yawns and murmurs were the only sound visible in the room. After those wrecking sleepy way, they headed to their individual courses for two hours and then the group performance. Oh about that, Hanmi still wonder why the people above would like her to attend the same group as the famous.

"Don't you know?" Sehun blurted out as they strolled to their room for group performance.

"Know what?" Hanmi snapped.

"You got a good score in passing test. Higher than actual cello boys," Sehun said as Hanmi's eyes widened.

"I never knew about the score. I just received with 'congratulation' word on it," Hanmi's face turned paler.

"They attached it to the wall news," Sehun smirked.

"The hell!" Hanmi shocked as she grabbed Sehun to the nearest wall board there and gasped to see her name there, on the top list of celloist.

"I'm officially dead."

***

Hanmi's hand got colder when she ran to the practice room to meet the performers. She took a glimpse inside and they already there and tuned their instrument. Hanmi opened the door and stepped inside with her cello.

"I'm sorry for being late," Hanmi bowed 90 degrees after she put her cello and another woman in the room chuckled.

"Don't be so formal!" Lee Jae In snapped as she offered her hand. "Lee Jae In, second year."

"Kim-Kim Hanmi, first year. Nice to see you, sunbae," Hanmi shook hands with her.

"Yaaah! Get your up and greet her!" Jae In said as Kim Jongin stood up.

"Kim Jongin, first year, nice to see you," Jongin introduced himself as Hanmi noticed his awkwardness in meeting new people from the gestures.

"Do Kyung Soo, second year violinist," Kyung Soo gave a small smile and Hanmi felt somehow intimidated by his wide eyes.

"So, you know that in group performance, the bond between the soloist must exist," Jae In started her theory and Kyung Soo also Jongin eyed her.

"So?" Kyung Soo snapped as Jongin shocked to see the cold treatment and knew at last why this man was famous.

"So let's go to the most suitable cafè!!" Jae In packed her viola and they jaw dropped to hear it.

"Ca-Cafè?!" Hanmi shocked to hear it because she didn't predict this Jae In's character.

"Let's go!" Jae In said as everyone quickly packed their instrument and Hanmi brought her cello again also wonder why she obeyed this senior.

They walked outside the building and Jae In kept trying to spark the conversations between them. Hanmi loosen her social barrier because Jae In was just a nice girl. They ended up sitting together in a cafè with the signature drink. Jongin preferred Cappucino, Kyung Soo with black coffee, Jae In and Hanmi choosed vanilla latte.

"So we got the same favorite drink!" Jae In cheered as Hanmi nodded.

"So, what should we play?" Jongin suddenly asked as Jae In seemed glad to see the shy boy talked and Hanmi stunned to see the sparks in his eyes.

"Nice question Jongin! How about Eine Kleine Nachtmusik?" Jae In suggested.

"That is good," Hanmi replied because she heard about that serenade.

"Fine then," Kyung Soo spoke for the first time and Jae In smiled because her way was working to make everyone went comfortable around each other.

"How about Canon?" Hanmi suggested.

"It's too common but yeah we can try," Jongin replied.

"Actually I like it too," Jae In added and turned to Kyung Soo ,"How about you, Soo?"

Hanmi noticed that Jae In and Kyung Soo seemed close because they were in the same year and maybe the same orchestra too. Hanmi chuckled because Jongin seemed to sulk beside Kyung Soo's intimidating aura.

"I like it," Kyung Soo finally said as Hanmi shocked to see him and Jongin choked on his cappucino.

"Then it's decided!" Jae In happily said as they drowned again in awkward silence.

"Oh I need to go. Need to meet my friend from dance major," Jongin said.

"Taemin right?" Jae In asked as Jongin gasped.

"How?"

"I know everything," Jae In seemed proud of herself as Hanmi wonder if she knew about Sehun too.

"Then I got to go. See you in the room tomorrow," Jongin calmly said as they all nodded.

"Now I understand that boy. He was shy but not to shy," Jae In sipped her vanilla latte as Hanmi's phone vibrated.

"Sehun?" Hanmi excused herself for a while because of Sehun's call as Jae In and Kyung Soo silently eyed her. "Okay I'll go back now, see you."

"Your boyfriend?" Jae In asked as Hanmi laughed.

"No. That will never happen. I must go back to our apartment," Hanmi said.

"Our? Wait don't say that you share an apartment with your guy friend," Jae In said as Kyung Soo stared at Hanmi intensely.

"Yeah I share it but we sleep in different room. I shall go back, thank you sunbaes. Nice to talk with you," Hanmi bowed and brought her bag and cello away.

"Hold it Soo. You are attracted to her right?" Jae In laughed as Kyung Soo glared at her.

***

"What is it Hun?" Hanmi stepped inside the apartment that evening as she saw Sehun on the couch, switching the channel to find the different one from others.

"Dinner," Sehun bat his eyelashes like a puppy and Hanmi almost threw her cello at him.

"Yaaah! Just that?!"

"Why? By the way, how about your chamber music?" Sehun asked and Hanmi went to the kitchen.

"We didn't practice yet."

"Ehh? So where were you?"

"Cafè. Jae In sunbae insisted the bonding session," Hanmi began to think what to make for dinner.

"Woah! Guess what? I am with the gorgeous Luhan sunbae who plays flute, his best friend Minseok with his clarinet, and Hyerin sunbae with her flute too," Sehun hugged the pillow and Hanmi cringed to hear Hyerin's name.

Yeah she knew who Hyerin was. Just went to hell in her mind by just heard that name. Sehun caught the different aura from Hanmi and stopped talking.

"Don't worry, Sehun. I'm over it," Hanmi said as she checked the soup for dinner tonight.

"Hungry~," Sehun prepared the table as Hanmi put the bowl.

"Let's eat then, Sehun," Hanmi smiled as Sehun cheered in awe.

***

The sunshines through her apartment bedroom window and she rolled to avoid it. Sehun was already awake and tried his best to wake Hanmi by knocking on the door every two minutes while yelling to make breakfast. Hanmi groaned and got up from her bed and took a bath. She went outside and heard Sehun's oboe echoed cheerfully. The concerto made Hanmi felt alive.

"Morning Sehun! Good song," Hanmi said as Sehun grinned.

"Yeah Concerto made me awake too these days. What's for breakfast?" Sehun's eyes sparkled to see Hanmi put two plates of omelette on the table.

"Happy eating," Hanmi smiled as Sehun shoved it right away.

They ended the breakfast time and got ready to go to the university. Today is their replacement test and Hanmi practiced her cello last midnight while Sehun practiced his oboe before midnight. Sehun sometimes made Hanmi a cup of coffee first before he went to sleep.

Sehun was aware of Hanmi's condition because he had seen the worst of her. They were far relatives who fond in music and decided to enter the same university and shared an apartment. He knew that Hanmi suffered much in her high school.

"Are you ready?" Sehun asked as they stopped in front of the hall that full of students who lined up nicely for their test.

"More than ready," Hanmi smiled and they lined up along with the celloist and oboist.

Hanmi at last stepped inside the hall and met with the conductors and managers. She stunned to see the familiar figure there.

"So, Kim Hanmi?" Zitao called as Hanmi sat and adjusted the stand quickly.

She inhaled the air and lifted her bow. The part from the pieces echoed in the room. She tried her best to concentrate on this replacement test. Soon as she finished, she bowed and excused from the hall.

Some conductors turned to see Mr. Wu who stared at Hanmi's profile and record.

"Do you know her?" Zitao asked because they recognized his different tense.

"I know her well. I will tell you later," Mr. Wu said as Zitao shook his head.

"We are partner now, Kris," Zitao insisted.

"She is my ex, Tao," Kris replied as Tao's eyes widened.

Hanmi went out from the hall and Sehun quickly came to her. He recognized her face got paler and led her to sit away.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

"No I'm not," Hanmi confessed.

Do Kyung Soo walked casually to his usual hall for the concert. He noticed the replacement test and since his place was saved, he avoided the crowd and waited until the test finish. Suddenly he heard a sob and searched for the source. He stunned to see the girl in his chamber group, Hanmi, cried beside his friend, Sehun. They seemed close in Kyung Soo's eyes because Sehun seemed to try to comfort Hanmi.

The question of why Hanmi cried lingered in his mind until the test finished and people crowded to greet Mr. Wu, his new conductor.

"Oppa!" Hyerin, the famous in flute greeted Mr. Wu and they hugged each other.

Kyung Soo just knew about this relationship and just watched the envy glares from all the females there. Mr. Wu said the announcement would be out in few minutes. He waited and sat on the nearest place there.

"Hey hyung," Jongin greeted casually as he sat beside Kyung Soo.

"Oh Jongin. How was the test?" Kyung Soo asked casually despite they got more comfort near each other.

"Nice! I hope I got the good seat," Jongin smiled.

They both watched closely when Hanmi and Sehun waited near their place, talking casually to each other. Jongin recognized the dried tears from Hanmi's red eyes and Kyung Soo drifted his gaze to Sehun who seemed to tell some jokes so Hanmi could laugh again.

Suddenly Tao went out and attached the paper to the hall door. Every students crowded that area and Sehun nicely went through the crowd while Hanmi stood outside the crowd.

"Are you okay?" Hanmi laughed to see Sehun's messy hair after he safely out from the crowd.

"I got the good seat!" Sehun cheered.

"How about me?" Hanmi asked.

"You got the best one beside Choi Minho, that senior celloist," Sehun winked as Hanmi gasped.

"For real?!"

"Let's get inside everybody!!" Tao called as everyone entered the hall.

Everyone entered the hall and Jongin went to see the replacement first. Kyung Soo stood beside him and saw that they would be together.

"Good job," Kyung Soo said as Jongin grinned.

"This is gonna be awesome!" Jongin entered the hall and received the gasped stares from all the females player because of his amazing features.

Hanmi recognized Jongin and Kyung Soo but she already sat with her cello so she couldn't move everywhere freely. They both smiled (no, it was just Jongin who smiled) to Hanmi and Hanmi bowed a little. She felt some glares from every females there but tried to keep her pace. Everyone sat on the respectable place. Hanmi scanned for a while and saw Sehun's chamber friend Minseok, Luhan, and Hyerin. Mr. Wu went to his conductor place and stared ahead just to make Hanmi shocked because she could see him clearly.

Kyung Soo noticed Hanmi's tension when he saw Mr. Wu stared straight to her. Jongin poked him and they got ready for the first piece.

"Okay this is our first piece. Before that, have you watch Nodame Cantabile?" Mr. Wu asked as several students nodded in shock because yeah, how could this gorgeous conductor talked about an anime.

Jongin's eyes sparkled and he nodded eagerly while Kyung Soo just eyed the other members. He saw Hanmi nodded a little and stared again to her music sheet. Mr. Wu lifted the baton and everyone began to lift their instruments. The first part went okay and Mr. Wu evaluated it accurately. They practiced for three hours straight.

Hanmi's finger felt numb but she continued to play. She liked this Beethoven piece because yeah, she remembered clearly that she was the one who introduced that anime to Kris, Mr. Wu's close nickname. Her heart ached a bit but she didn't care that much. She must did her best. Her gaze scanned to the other players than saw the conductor. She saw Kyung Soo, her chamber friend sat with Jongin. They seemed to play well along the violinist because Jongin smiled cheerfully and her spirit went up again. She didn't want to be a burden in the orchestra.

"Wow! It was great to play the music with you all. You did great. Good job everyone and see you again tomorrow and please practice the second piece and the third piece and oh! Please do your best in Holst's Jupiter!" Mr. Wu ended the practice and Hanmi sighed in relief.

"Are you okay?" a voice heard as Hanmi turned aside to see Minho, the third year celloist, asked her.

"I'm okay, sunbae," Hanmi replied casually.

"So, uhh, my name is Minho," Minho offered his hand.

"Kim Hanmi, first year," Hanmi shooks hand with him.

"Are you really a first year? You play cello well," Minho said.

"You are better than me. Thank you," Hanmi politely answered.

"So, see you tomorrow?" Minho zipped his cello case.

"See you," Hanmi replied and packed her music sheets.

"Hanmi!" Sehun came as Hanmi turned to see Sehun with two people came to her place.

"How was that?" Hanmi asked as she saw a boy with deer eyes and the other one with round face.

"Greaaat!" Sehun grinned and turned to those people, "These are my chamber friends, Luhan and Minseok hyung that I told you before."

"Hello I'm Xi Luhan!" Luhan greeted nicely and Hanmi shook hands with him.

"And I'm Kim Minseok," The chubby one introduced himself as Hanmi shook hands with him too.

"So you are Sehun's far relative?" Minseok asked.

"Yeah, Nah Sehun I need to go to my chamber group. Bye everyone," Hanmi zipped her cello case and walked faster but she stunned when she saw someone standing in front of her and Sehun gasped.

It was Kris.

"Long time no see," Kris said as Hanmi gulped in fear when she realized that everyone already left the hall.

Sehun was about to approach them until someone showed up right beside Hanmi. Luhan and Minseok eyed the scene and tried to hold Sehun back because they saw Sehun's rage towards the tall man who approached Hanmi.

"Should you go to the room with me now, Kim Hanmi?" a question made Hanmi jolted as she turned aside to see Kyung Soo there with his violin.

"We-We should go. Excuse me, Mr. Wu," Hanmi quickly went to the door and Kyung Soo followed her.

"Safe her well," Minseok said as Sehun stepped to see Kris.

"Sehun?" Kris shocked when Sehun grabbed his collar.

"Don't you dare to say anything to my cousin again," Sehun hissed, threw Kris back and he stormed outside followed by Minseok and Luhan who stared at each other in confusion.

Hanmi walked side by side with Kyung Soo in silence. She tried to hold her tears. Suddenly she stopped and saw a handkerchief.

"Wipe your tears," Kyung Soo said as Hanmi took it and did what he said.

They arrived at the room and Jae In shocked to see Hanmi's teary eyes. She went to her directly as Kyung Soo entered first and sat beside Jongin.

"What happened?" Jongin whispered but Kyung Soo just shook his head.

"I'm sorry," Hanmi said but Jae In shushed her.

"Let's play the piece and be happy again!" Jae In led Hanmi to take her cello and sat again.

"Let's play!" Jongin cheered up and Hanmi smiled to see his grin.

The Serenade started to echo in the room. Kyung Soo took the first violin line and that was quite hard. Jongin gladly accompanied him in second violin while Jae In moved cheerfully in every notes. Hanmi smiled when they looked at each other, feeling the cheerful movement, the allegro, the romanze. They focused and happily played the menuetto and ended in rondo. Hanmi felt glad to play the song. The flowing note made her mind clear again. She remembered that this song was used in that anime and glad to play it in real life with all the famous soloist.

"Wow we did great!" Jae In cheered as she high fived Jongin.

Hanmi shocked to see Kyung Soo smiled genuinely as Jongin offered his hand for a high five and he did it. Jae In turned to her and offered her hand which Hanmi gladly joined the fun. They continued to practice Canon in D major together.

"How about going to the cafè again?" Jae In asked as they stared at her.

"How about the recommended restaurant?" Jongin asked as Jae In squealed in happiness.

"That will be great!! And you can ask your friend to join us!" Jae In decided and Hanmi nodded, she could ask Sehun to come over.

Jongin said that he would bring Taemin. Kyung Soo just nodded in agreement as they packed their instrument. Jae In was excited to meet Sehun after Hanmi told her about him.

"Sehun!" Hanmi entered the apartment and found Sehun with Luhan and Minseok.

"Hello there!" Sehun greeted.

"Hello there sunbaes. Sehun, are you not hungry?" Hanmi playfully asked as Sehun's stomach growled and Luhan also Minseok laughed.

"I guess I am," Sehun blushed and admitted.

"We are going to eat outside. Luhan and Minseok sunbae can come over too. You are going to meet my chamber friend," Hanmi entered her room.

"She is happier than before," Luhan concluded as Sehun smiled.

"Let's get ready hyung," Sehun said as they entered Sehun's room to get some clothes to wear.

***

Hanmi checked the address and they arrived at the restaurant. Jongin happily waved from the wide table that he prepared. Hanmi chuckled to see Jongin wasn't shy anymore around her and the others.

"Oh Jongin!" Luhan greeted and Minseok shocked too.

"Sehun this is Jongin," Hanmi introduced them properly.

"Hello there! Good violin!" Sehun shooks hand with Jongin.

"Good oboe too!" Jongin responded because they would surely notice each other's name in orchestra player list.

"Where's Taemin?" Hanmi searched.

"He can't come today but it's okay," Jongin answered as they sat together.

Hanmi smiled to see everyone blended well and just knew that Luhan and Minseok recognized Jongin. They chatted about music freely and told each other their favorite piece. Luhan mainly sparked the conversation and Hanmi learned that Luhan and Minseok were famous too because Jongin knew them and they knew Jongin too. Sehun was glad to meet Jongin who was his age and they conversed well.

"Hello everyone! Oh Luhan and Minseok sunbae! Nice to see you directly!" Jae In came and shook hands with Luhan and Minseok who shocked to see the outburst.

"Sehun, this is Jae In sunbae," Hanmi introduced them as Jae In gladly shook hands with Sehun.

"You are adorable. Hope I can hear your oboe next time," Jae In winked and Sehun blushed because of the compliment.

"Sunbae, you made Sehun blush!" Hanmi laughed.

Kyung Soo entered the restaurant and spotted all his friends were arrived. He stunned to hear a laugh there and smiled. She could smile again, he thought and went closer. Luhan and Minseok turned to see the violinist and smiled. His old friends. Kyung Soo chuckled a little and kept walking.

"Hyung hyung!" Jongin called and every eyes turned to Kyung Soo who froze because of the attention.

"Uuh, Hi?" Kyung Soo tried to calm himself down but Jae In pulled him to sit with them.

Hanmi smiled to see Kyung Soo's awkwardness as Jae In dragged him to sit beside her. Luhan and Minseok was nice to Kyung Soo and Hanmi quite shocked about that. But yeah, Kyung Soo was famous and he got many fans.

"This little Soo is so talented," Minseok ruffled Kyung Soo's hair as he blushed and Hanmi knew, this boy was just embarassed to meet people.

"Oh I agree with that," Jae In replied.

"Should we order something?" Sehun asked and they laughed to see his sorrow hungry expression.

They laughed and Jongin started to recommend all the delicious food there. Hanmi sometimes shocked to see Kyung Soo who laughed, yeah, laughed along with the sunbaes and even Sehun. She discovered that Kyung Soo was a nice man. Oh, and his handkerchief was still in her bag. She decided to give that tomorrow when they met in chamber music practice and thanked him properly.

The night spent with laughs and jokes to each other. The food was nice and Hanmi never felt like this since high school. She was glad to meet everyone.

Kyung Soo felt better after the rough day in the university. Being the main violinist meant he needed to play good everytime, every seconds. But still he was curious about the last encounter involved Hanmi and the gigantic conductor. Should he ask to Sehun?

"Bye everyone!" Jae In waved goodbye and Luhan also Minseok followed her because they went to the same apartment building.

Hanmi left with Sehun, Jongin, and Kyung Soo. They walked in silence along the night breeze. The shops' light and banner coloured their scenery.

"So, what will you play for the chamber music?" Sehun asked to Hanmi.

"The one in that anime Sehun. Quartet. You know what I mean," Hanmi answered as Jongin and Kyung Soo stunned when they saw Sehun patted Hanmi's head softly.

"Don't be that sad. That piece was supposed to make you happy!" Sehun said as Jongin eyed them both and turned to Kyung Soo.

"Hyung," Jongin called.

"Hm?"

"Are you jealous?" Jongin suddenly asked and Kyung Soo stopped walking and Jongin spoke again,"Are you? Actually they are cousins. But a far one."

"What?!" Kyung Soo blurted out and Hanmi also Sehun turned back because they were curious.

"Is there anything wrong hyung?" Sehun asked concernly.

"No-nothing," Kyung Soo answered and relieved because he knew the truth.

"We shall separate here," Jongin noticed the intersection and Kyung Soo nodded.

"Bye Jongin, hyung," Sehun waved goodbye.

"Thank you for tonight, Jongin, Kyung Soo sunbae," Hanmi bowed and went with Sehun.

"Do you know about Hanmi and Mr. Wu?" Kyung Soo asked as they went to their apartment building.

"Eh? What's about them?" Jongin asked and Kyung Soo got the answer that he didn't know anything.

***

Hanmi opened her eyes and realized that she was in the hall along with everyone. She couldn't sleep because of Kris kept invading her mind and she didn't predict that Kris would come also talked with her.

Mr. Wu went on the place and gained everyone's attention. They were going to play that planet suites and everyone was excited with this, including Hanmi and the rest of the member.

"Let's rock this out!" Mr. Wu cheered as everyone cheered excitedly too.

"Wow he seems excited," Minho commented as he turned to see Hanmi.

"Oh yeah, he is. And me too," Hanmi lifted her bow and started to play.

The mighty Jupiter presented in the magnificent combination of strings and horns and everything in the orchestra. Hanmi averted to look at Kris and accidentally saw Kyung Soo and Jongin there who played happily. They seemed to enjoy this piece too. Luhan and Minseok did well to with the flute and clarinet. Hanmi could listen everything and drowned in the notes.

Kyung Soo enjoyed this so much. He loved all the movements in this suite. The calming tone and it seemed almighty. All of this. He turned to Mr. Wu who kept a gaze to someone ahead. He wanted to move his neck but he couldn't see the sheet if he did that so he kept all the curiosity in his mind.

The piece ended and everyone seemed happy to play it together. Kyung Soo didn't miss his chance and quickly followed Mr. Wu's gaze. He stunned to see Mr. Wu stared at Hanmi who conversed with Minho and laughed.

Laughed. Fine.

He needed to ask Sehun. For real. So he called Sehun who wanted to go to his chamber music practice.

"Yeah hyung?" Sehun asked as Kyung Soo motioned him to walk with him for a while.

"Is there anything wrong hyung?" Sehun asked again.

"Do-Do you know something about Mr. Wu and Hanmi?" Kyung Soo braved himself to ask Sehun.

"Actually I know and I want to say thank you because you saved her last time but I want Hanmi to explain it herself," Sehun answered and Kyung Soo understood.

"I-I got it. Thanks Sehun," Kyung Soo replied.

"You know, you are such a good guy and I'm agree about you and Hanmi," Sehun tested as Kyung Soo blushed suddenly.

"That's not about that!" Kyung Soo snapped but Sehun laughed and waved goodbye.

Kyung Soo ran to the chamber music room that assigned to be their place. He came late and they already tuned the instruments.

"Are you okay hyung?" Jongin asked and Kyung Soo nodded.

"We shall practice again then," Jae In said after Kyung Soo sat and hold his violin.

They practiced for hours until Jae In decided that they should stop. Hanmi realized that she had to return Kyung Soo's handkerchief but stunned when she felt someone in front of him after she zipped her cello case.

"Hanmi, would you like to drink coffee with me?" Kyung Soo almost congratulated himself not to shutter in speaking to her.

Jae In and Jongin stared at each other shockingly. They then grinned and understood each other.

"I and Jongin will go first!" Jae In pulled Jongin outside.

"Uh? Yes?" Hanmi replied and they walked in silence passed the corridors.

Suddenly they both stopped when Kyung Soo saw Mr. Wu, walking straight to them with Hyerin beside him. He turned to Hanmi who seemed tense out of the blue. Mr. Wu stopped and stared at Hanmi who gulped nervously.

"Hello Hanmi," Mr. Wu greeted as Kyung Soo shocked to see him recognized Hanmi.

"Kris," Hanmi tried to reply and Kyung Soo stared at them both.

"So it's that Hanmi who got the best score in cello! How did you know her?" Hyerin greeted cheerfully.

"She's-She's just a friend in high school," Kris answered as Hanmi nodded.

"And you are Kyung Soo right? The violinist?" Hyerin turned to the boy who nodded.

"We should go now, if you excuse me, sunbaes," Kyung Soo took Hanmi's hand and went away shortly.

Hanmi didn't know what to do. She stunned like a paralyzed person as Kyung Soo brought her to the cafè. Her tears automatically streamed down onto her cheek. She felt something warm lingered between her fingers and realized that Kyung Soo interwined their hands along the way. The sudden calmness came and Hanmi could stop crying. She never thought that Kyung Soo would do that despite his aloof impression.

But she smiled, a little.

"I'll order and you wait. Vanilla latte right?" Kyung Soo said after he led her to sit first and Hanmi nodded without words.

Kyung Soo ordered black coffee, again and a cup of vanilla latte for Hanmi. He put the glass and shocked to see tears from Hanmi's eyes. Kyung Soo didn't like it when Hanmi cried.

"Don't cry," Kyung Soo wiped the tears with his thumb and blushed because he did that accidentally on reflex.

Hanmi shocked to feel Kyung Soo's touch. She felt comfortable with Kyung Soo. They both engulfed in silence and sipped their drink.

"Hanmi, can I ask you something?" Kyung Soo at last find some courage to start on.

"Wh-what is it?" Hanmi felt some butterflies in her stomach.

"About you and Mr. Wu..."

"He's my ex-boyfriend," Hanmi answered as Kyung Soo's eyes widened.

"We met in high school and he told me much about cello. We discussed a lot until he confessed his feelings to me. But when he entered the university, we fell apart because I still had two years in high school. He, broke up with me and we never talk until now. I didn't predict him to come here as a conductor to replace Mr. Choi," Hanmi explained briefly to Kyung Soo who shocked because of the story.

"I'm sorry to make you remember that," Kyung Soo quickly replied.

"Don't worry. I suppose to forget about him," Hanmi sipped her latte again.

"Can I be the one who make you forget about him?" Kyung Soo slapped himself mentally for saying that because yeah, it sounded like a confession.

Hanmi blinked because she tried to process the question. It's not like she didn't like Kyung Soo. This man was good and she knew it from the first time they met.

"You-You can," Hanmi at last said as Kyung Soo gasped.

They both blushed and smiled. Suddenly Hanmi's phone vibrated and she answered the call.

"Yah! Slow down Sehun!" Hanmi snapped as Kyung Soo shocked to hear it.

"I'm-I'm in a cafè. With Kyung Soo sunbae," Hanmi continued and talked for seconds until she ended the call.

"Worried much?" Kyung Soo chuckled.

"As usual. I think we should go back. Besides, this cello is kinda heavy," Hanmi realized about her cello and they stood up.

"What?" Hanmi shocked when Kyung Soo took her cello and gave her his violin.

"Let me accompany you home," Kyung Soo walked outside the cafè with Hanmi.

They strolled along the street and the temperature went colder that time. Their breath turned white and they realized that it almost winter.

Suddenly Hanmi felt something cold on her face. Kyung Soo felt the same and stared at the night sky. Their eyes widened to see the white flakes fell down like a rain.

"Snow," Hanmi admired the snow and opened his hand to feel it.

"Don't do that. Your hand will freezing," Kyung Soo took Hanmi's hand and interwined their fingers.

Hanmi smiled because she felt warm beside Kyung Soo's presence. They walked between the snow and glad to experience it with each other. The walk seemed fast because they were already in front of the building. Kyung Soo insisted to accompany her upstairs until the front door of her apartment.

"Thank you," Hanmi said as Kyung Soo leaned the cello down beside the wall and Hanmi gave him the violin.

"Your welcome," Kyung Soo smiled.

They both stared at each other and Kyung Soo leaned closer.

He remembered the first time he knew about Hanmi from the test score on the wall. It wasn't usual when the girl who played cello got the highest score. And he kinda shocked to see his chamber music partner. The curiousity led to the other things. He started to pay attention to this girl. Sehun made him jealous sometimes. But when he discovered that Sehun is Hanmi's cousin, he sighed in relief. He didn't like it when Hanmi cried after the replacement test. He realized it now that he fell for her.

Hanmi felt Kyung Soo's lips on her. It was just a short kiss but they blushed deeply.

"So, hmm, see you tomorrow?" Kyung Soo murmured as Hanmi nodded.

"See you, oppa," Hanmi answered as Kyung Soo waved goodbye.

"So when will I get the treat?" Sehun opened the door after he eavesdropped successfully.

"Yaah! Oh Sehun!" Hanmi went inside and Sehun took her cello.

"It's your first kiss huh?" Sehun smirked and Hanmi tried not to throw her cello on him.

"I shall cook you ramen I guess," Hanmi finally said as Sehun's eyes sparkled.

"Oh you are the best!" Sehun cheered like a five years old.

***

Jae In and Jongin shocked to see Kyung Soo and Hanmi entered the chamber practice room, hand in hand. They grinned to each other and the couple stunned to see their partners.

"So when will we get the treat?" Jae In winked as Hanmi blushed.

"Are you already kiss?" Jongin asked as Jae In smacked his head.

"Yaah! Don't say that! Let's play first and we'll interogate them later," Jae In's words made Kyung Soo and Hanmi laughed.

***

Hanmi opened her eyes and stared at all the people. It was the time for her own recital. She lifted her bow and caught someone sat there and smiled at her.

"You can do it," Kyung Soo murmured and Hanmi smiled.

Bach's suite for solo cello number one echoed in the hall. Every students and teachers seemed to drown in her world of music. Kyung Soo saw the light around Hanmi. He could feel the grace in every notes from Hanmi. After the recital ended, he stood up and applaused for Hanmi.

Next week, their chamber concert would be held and they practiced diligently. Jae In kept teasing playfully about Kyung Soo and Hanmi and they all got closer each day.

The chamber concert went well than they expected. Everyone loved the piece that they played. Sehun clapped happily along with Luhan and Minseok beside him. The serenade made everyone smiled and Hanmi was glad to gain this moment with Jongin, Kyung Soo, and Jae In.

The true tension started when they wanted to perform in the last week before the semester ended. Mr. Wu, or Kris, bowed to the audience and stepped onto the stage. Everyone seemed happy and nervous at the same time.

"Let's do it," Kris murmured and Hanmi decided that it was the time to forget about him and focused to the pieces.

Beethoven Symphony no. 7 made everyone's eyes sparkled. They embraced the notes with grace. The strings blended well with every elements in the orchestra. Chanyeol, the bassist played acurately and kept grinning because he was happy. Luhan and Minseok played well too. Minho led the celloist well and Hanmi could feel the happiness crawled onto her heart. She could see Kyung Soo who played with Jongin beside him.

Everything was perfect.

Soon as the first song ended, Mr. Wu excited and lifted his baton again. The last piece of the semester, the joys that the Jupiter brought, made everyone moved their head along the flowing yet mighty notes from The Planets suite. Hanmi could see that everyone enjoyed the flow.

They played from their heart until the last note.

The audience stood up and applaused real hard. Some of them cheered some 'bravos' as Hanmi almost cried. So this was the feel. She turned to see her friends, Jongin, Luhan, Sehun, Minseok, Jae In who sat in viola section.

And the last one, Kyung Soo, her boyfriend.

They went to the backstage and happily congratulated each other. Hanmi even talked to Kris with Kyung Soo beside her. She forgive and forget already. That was all because of Kyung Soo.

Sehun went to have fun with all his friends and Hanmi joined too.

"We should go back to your place," Kyung Soo reminded Hanmi.

"Why?" Hanmi asked.

"I want to stay with you, all night long," Kyung Soo whispered to Hanmi's ear and blushed.

"Okay," Hanmi said that she went home first with Kyung Soo as Jae In winked at her while motioning to call her tomorrow for details.

They walked in nervousness. This was their first time and Kyung Soo didn't know what to do. Minseok's advises maybe could help. They entered Hanmi's apartment and Kyung Soo locked the door.

"Eh? Why should we lo-," Hanmi's words stopped when Kyung Soo kissed her gently.

Hanmi let Kyung Soo moved and circled her hand onto Kyung Soo's neck, pulling him closer.

"Are you okay?" Kyung Soo gained his conciousness and asked first.

"I will be okay as long as I'm with you. I want you," Hanmi murmured between the kiss.

"Then I'll make you mine," Kyung Soo kissed her deeply as they went to Hanmi's bedroom.


Owah, I can't write sooo... maybe you can imagine it by yourself :p

Sorry to dissapoint you :p

How was it by the way?

Comment and subscribe and upvote if you feel something! ;)

Thanks for reading! :D