Lie Number 2

Lies

Jongin smiled. This was something he wanted to keep in his mind forever. Kyungsoo sat next to him, breathing heavily. 

"That was fun," Kyungsoo said. 

"It was." Jongin flipped his wet bangs away from his face and squeezed the water out of his t-shirt. "We should do this again sometime. Maybe when I come back next year?" 

"Can we not talk so far into the future? You still have two more weeks here, let's plan for that instead." Kyungsoo turned to look at Jongin and gave him a small smile. "I don't like thinking about you leaving."

Jongin felt his heart beat two times faster and his cheeks heated up. "I'd rather stay here forever than go back to the city." 

"Really?" 

Jongin nodded. "I have Halmoni here. Oh, and there's you too." 

Kyungsoo scoffed. "You say it like I'm a bad friend or something." He reached over and hit Jongin on the shoulder lightly. "Be nicer to me. Without me, your summer would be horrible." 

Jongin laughed and laid down on the rock. He closed his eyes and let the sun dry his clothes. Kyungsoo looked at the sight of Jongin laying there. He looked like an angel, as cheesy as that sounded. There was his white t-shirt and plaid shorts, such plain clothes but it looked like Jongin came out of a fashion magazine. There was the damp hair on his head, messy but beautiful at the same time. And lastly, there was the sated smile on his face. That was what made Kyungsoo's heart beat faster. 

"Don't stare at me. It feels weird," Jongin said. His eyelids fluttered open and he squinted against the sunlight to see Kyungsoo's face. "Am I hot?" 

Kyungsoo made a face and slapped Jongin's thigh. "Cocky." 

 

"Do you have siblings?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo glanced up at him from his lunch. "A younger brother and sister. Why?" 

Jongin shrugged. "I just wanted to know." 

"What about you?" Kyungsoo took another bite of his sandwich and stared at Jongin, waiting for him to answer. 

"I have an older brother, but he moved out a long time ago. I rarely see him anymore, only on Christmas." 

There was a silence between them while they both ate their lunches. 

"What do you want to do later?" Kyungsoo asked. He put the sandwich on the plate and took a sip of the lemonade. 

"What do you want to do?" 

"Can you just answer my question instead of asking me another one?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and picked up his sandwich again. 

Jongin stuck his tongue out and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, smiling. 

 

"Are you asking me out?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. He leaned the broom on the doorframe and stared at Jongin. 

"I-I guess. I'm asking you if you want to go to town to get ice cream."

"I'm kinda busy right now. How about later?" Kyungsoo suggested. He picked the broom up again and continued to sweep the porch. 

Jongin leaned back into his room and took a piece of scratch paper out of the drawer. He scribbled "Think of this as a date" on it and folded it into a paper airplane. He tossed it out the window and after a moment, he heard Kyungsoo yell. 

"What the heck, Jongin!" 

"Come on! Don't reject me!" Jongin yelled back, smirking. He leaned out the window and found Kyungsoo turning his airplane into a ball. Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin and tossed it to the second floor. It hit Jongin on the head and bounced back down to the ground. 

"Later!" 

"Now!" 

 

"I can't believe another summer's passed already," Kyungsoo whispered. He leaned his head on Jongin's shoulder and Jongin slung an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. Kyungsoo's fingers pulled the quilt closer to his body. 

"But I'll be back soon. If a month passed by like nothing, it wouldn't be long before I'm here again." 

"But eleven months is so long compared to one," Kyungsoo mumbled. 

"Be paitent. Plan out everything we're going to do next summer while I'm away so when we come back we can just start having fun." Jongin turned and smiled at Kyungsoo. Even in the dark, Kyungsoo still found Jongin handsome. The moonlight made Jongin's tan skin seemed lighter and he looked like he was glowing. 

"Alright. We can do stupid things together next year." 

"Promise." 

"I'll always be by your side to do stupid things." 

That was Kyungsoo's second lie.