Courage

Benefits

Hello my little lovely readers! I'm sorry this chapter was so short but I hope you all enjoy this!

 

You didn’t know when, but somewhere along the line you started to fall hard for Jackson Wang. It really was out of character for you, love. It was never really something you looked for or really cared for. Sure, love was an important thing in everyone’s life, but you never felt the need to have it in your life. Turning your head to the right, you watched Jackson’s chest rise and fall.

5:00AM.

It was 5 in the morning and you were about to sneak out of Jacksons apartment like you just had a one night stand. Usually you would stay at his place and once you’ve both woken up, he would make you breakfast. Then you two would sit across from each other in the kitchen and he would stare at you and you would stare back. The little spurs of electricity in your chest would make your cold heart come back to life and you would relish in the moment.

But you were terrified of that right now, so instead of staying like usual, you decided to leave. You couldn’t afford to put your heart and mind through any more confusion, you wanted to figure out what it was you were really feeling. Before you could continue anything with him, you needed to see if these butterflies that you got every time he touched you were a phase. And you needed to know if the lingering feeling of his arms wrapped around you were going to continue their stay on your body or not.

You couldn’t handle every fiber of your being; you didn’t want to handle every fiber of your being feeling in love. As quietly as physically possible, you rolled out of Jackson’s bed and followed the trail of clothes that led back out to the kitchen. Finally reaching the kitchen, you grabbed your shirt off of the kitchen counter and slipped it on.

You wanted to feel bad about leaving him like this, but right now you just needed to focus on yourself as an individual and map out what the relationship between the two of you were. You closed the front door of his apartment and locked the door. The world always looked different at random hours of the morning. For once in the past couple weeks, you felt calm and content.

Finally reaching your apartment, you slammed the door shut behind you and dragged yourself to your bed. Once your body hit the matt, a new sense of exhaustion flooded your body. It was a different type of tired, one that couldn’t be tamed with sleep. Instead of fighting the urge to sleep, you accepted defeat.

Waking up, you felt groggier than usual and it felt like someone had beaten you while you were sleeping. You didn’t know what time it was, but you really didn’t care.

“A shower sounds so good right now.” You mumbled, rolling out of bed.

“And so does an explanation.”

You turned around, clutching your chest for dear life. You didn’t expect this to happen, talk about plot twist. Avoiding eye contact, you walked past Jackson and towards your bathroom. You could explain after your shower because sleeping for the whole day seemed to take a lot out of you and a shower was just what you needed to wake up.

But before you could walk any further, Jackson pulled you back. This time was different though, his gaze didn’t say that he was going to you mercilessly into your own mattress. It told you that he was angry, hurt and annoyed. If looks could kill, you would’ve been murdered a thousand ways. You’ve never seen him so angry before, it scared you.

“What was that about?” He asked, narrowing his eyes at you.

“Oh hey.. When did you get in here?” You mumbled, trying to wiggle out of his grip.

Jackson rolled his eyes and removed one of his hands from the wall, letting you walk out. No matter how angry he was, he knew cornering you and forcing you into talking about something you didn’t want to discuss never really got him anywhere. So once again, he would play your little game and wait until you wanted to come clean.

“Why don’t you talk to me like a bestfriend should?”

Okay, screw being patient with you.

“What are you talking about,” You asked, opening your linen closet to pull out a clean towel. “I always talk to you like a bestfriend should.”

“You can’t even lie to me while looking me into the eye.” He snarled, grabbing your wrist again. Damn, you were really tempted to punch him in the throat for treating you like some vulnerable little child. But making matters worse wasn’t really something you felt like doing, you just woke up from a not-so nice nap.

”Let go of me Jackson.” You tried to say in the calmest voice you could muster. “You know I hate when you do this.”

Why did he have to be so damn strong.

“Not this time. I’m not going to let you run away from me this time. I’m not going to let you leave me in the dust like you’ve always been doing.”

“What are you talking about?!”

“Stop playing around.”

 

In an instant Jackson had you pinned to the wall, and for once it didn’t turn you on. Nothing but angry panting could be heard throughout your hallway. Jackson glared at you like you were out to murder him and you glared back. The silence was intense, but the conversation you two were having with your eyes said more than your mouths ever could. He moved his hands from your wrists, down to your waste.

“What are you so afraid of?” He questioned, leaning his forehead against yours.

“Love.” You whispered, clutching onto the front side of his shirt.

“Love.” He repeated, lifting your chin up. “Do you love me?”

Taking in a shaky breath, you close your eyes. You couldn’t look at him, not yet. If you looked into his eyes he would know exactly what you were feeling. You’ve never felt so vulnerable before. Did you love him? Were you just in lust with him? Whatever it was that you were feeling for Jackson, it made your heart stutter whenever you thought about him. It made you stomach do backflips whenever you saw him walk your way. It made your mind get foggy whenever he smiled your general direction.

“I don’t know. Maybe.” You confessed, biting your lip. You didn’t intend on your voice cracking but it did. Your heart rate went up so high, you thought it would leap out of your chest.

“Well,” Jackson said, cupping your cheeks and placing a peck on your lips. “I think I love you.”

 

*BUZZ*

The sound of your phone going off pulled you out of your slumber and you couldn’t help but stare at it as if it were Satan himself. Groaning, you grabbed your phone off of the night stand you had next to your bed. That was the most vivid dream you’ve had in a while. Whining, you threw your pillow across the room and proceeded to check your text messages.

Where did you go?

            -Jackson

Not as dramatic as you dreamt it would be.

I wasn’t feeling good. Didn’t want to get you sick.

Not feeling good, correct. Didn’t want to get him sick, if you could you would. It’s what he gets for making you feel this way. Damn you Mr.Wang.

           

Okay, hope you feel better. I’ll come and check up on you after practice.

            -Jackson

 

 

You really didn’t want to see him after practice, but even telling Jackson no in these kinds of cases, all he hears is “Yes Jackson, my lovely King, come and take care of me because I am sick and I can no longer care for my own being.” The little head and his ego. Groaning, you checked the time, 3PM, Jackson gets out of practice in two hours. At least you could shower and think of an excuse as to why you are no longer sick.

If only you had the courage to confront your own feelings.