Daddy, Can I Have A Sister?

Daddy, Can I Have A Sister? - Sunggyu
Dark clouds covered the sky, creating a cozy atmosphere in the apartment, where Sunggyu was watching your son, Yusoo. Sitting cross legged on the floor, Yusoo was looking through the wood shelf to try and find a game to play with his dad. Finally finding his favorite game, Go Fish, he held the pack of cards in his small hands and sat across from his dad while he took out the cars.
 
"Daddy, can you shuffle and pass out the cards please?" Yusoo asked cutely, holding out the deck of cards for his dad.
 
"Sure" Sunggyu took it from his son’s hands and shuffled and evenly passed out the cards, with five to each player and the remaining cards sitting between them.
 
Yusoo fanned out his cars and looked up at his dad with big eyes before he found some matches and set them down beside him.
 
"You can go first, Daddy" Yusoo smiled and sat up tall
 
"Yah! The younger one is supposed to go first" Sunggyu ruffled his son’s hair.
 
"If you say so… I just thought that I would be nice and let you win, for once" Yusoo smiled and tapped his bottom lip, wondering which card he should ask for.
 
"Daddy, do you have a starfish?" Yusoo questioned him as Sunggyu pulled out the car from his deck and handed it to Yusoo.
 
"Yusoo, do you have a clown fish?" Sunggyu asked, starting to pull out the card from his deck
 
"Nope~ Go Fish~" Yusoo let out a chuckle with a smile.
 
The game progressed and Yusoo ended up winning the round. Cleaning up the cars, Yusoo happily found another game, Memory, to play with his dad. Laying out all of the cards, face down, he used his memory skill trying to find the matches under all of the cards that looked the same.
 
"Daddy when am I going to get a baby sister?" Yusoo asked out of the blue, setting Sunggyu back a little
 
"Why are you asking for a baby sister?" He questions
 
"Hoonsung, my best friend, just got a baby sister and I want one too" He says softly flipping over one card and then another as he found a match and placed the matched cards beside him.
 
"But babies are a lot of work" Sunggyu chuckled and turned over two different cards.
 
"They are cute and don’t you think I would be a good older brother?" His big eyes looked up at Sunggyu
 
"You would be… I have to talk to mommy about it" Sunggyu blushed as he looked down and played with the matched cards that he had collected.
 
"Why? Can’t we just get one?" His little boy looked up at him confused.
 
"It is much more complicated than that Yu" Sunggyu cooed as he started to put the game away.
 
"No it isn’t, don’t you get babies from hospitals?" Yusoo questioned while he returned the box to the game shelf
 
"No, they come from Mommy’s tummy’s" Sunggyu clarified carefully, not wanting to go into much detail.
 
"Is that why you have to talk to Mommy?" Yusoo looked up at Sunggyu while his dad stood up and nodded
 
"Right, Mommy and I will talk about it tonight and I will let you know tomorrow morning" Sunggyu said as he picked up his son and held him in his arms.
 
"Okay…" his son yawned and rested his head on his fathers shoulder.
 
Changing Yusoo into his train pajamas and tucking him into his comfy bed, Sunggyu read him a story or two before his little boy’s eyes fell closed. Finishing the two books, Sunggyu placed them on the top of the shelf and padded over to kiss Yusoo’s head.
 
Managing to escape the sleeping Yusoo’s room, Sunggyu pulled the white door closed behind him before he started to walk into the living room to clean up the mess that Yusoo had made looking for the perfect game to play.
 
The jostling of the handle attached to the front door caught his attention as he turned and saw you walk through the door.
 
"Hey Sweetheart" Sunggyu cooed and stood up, walking over to greet you.
 
"Hey handsome" You cooed seeing his hand run over his bangs, shuffling off your jacket from your shoulders, you hung it up along with your purse. Sliding your shoes off of your feet, you walked inside and towards your husband.
 
"I missed you today" He walked over to you and wrapped you in a warm hug.
 
"Did you have fun with _____?" You asked him, resting your head against his chest, your arms gently hugging him tighter.
 
"I did, but he did ask me a strange question" Sunggyu rubbed your back gently
 
"Oh he did?" You held him a little tighter taking in his gentle scent
 
"He wants a baby sister" Sunggyu told you, looking down at you and you just chuckled.
 
"I see~" You lifted your head from his chest, "Did you want a daughter too?"
 
"Do you want a little girl?" His eyes twinkled giving off his answer through his gentle smile, leaning up and kissing his lips softly you smiled and nodded your head.
 
With both of your answers in agreement, you smiled up at him and he kissed your lips once more before the two of you cleaned up a little before he laced his fingers with yours. Taking you into the bedroom, the two of you happily spent the night dreaming of the little girl that you both were going to try for.
 
The next morning, your little boy came through the door, climbing up on the bed and maneuvering through the two mangled bodies in the bed.
 
"Daddy" Your boy whispered softly before he started to shake Sunggyu
 
"Daddy!" He called again before Sunggyu turned over and looked up at the little body that sat on his stomach.
 
"What is it?" Sunggyu groaned
 
"Good morning!" Yusoo raised his hands into the arm with a bright smile on his face.
 
"Morning" Sunggyu smiled lazily
 
"Did you ask Mommy for a sister yet?" His eyes got wide and leaned in closer to his dad.
 
"I did" Sunggyu nodded his head and glanced over at you.
 
"What did she say?" Your little boy was sitting on the edge of his seat in excitement.
 
"We both agreed that we would both like to have a little girl" He smiled and rubbed your fingers gently with his thumb.
 
"I’m going to go get ready!" Your little boy happily slid off of the bed and ran down the hallway, his little feet pattering against the hardwood as he sang ‘yes’ over and over again.
 
"He’s happy" You remarked at a soft whisper
 
"So am I" He leaned down and kissed your lips gently.