My Haneul

Not Labeled Best for Nothing
After another day’s work shift here at the boutique (my very own boutique), I finally get to have some rest. By rest, I mean lying at the sofa here in my office, staring at the ceiling while pondering on things. I work 12 hours everyday here, but it still feels like a dream. I can’t believe I’m halfway there, almost done ticking everything on my bucket list. It’s only been five years since I graduated from the university, yet here I am managing my own business.  (haneul/heaven), that’s what I named my boutique. Aside from making it a paradise for people who love clothing, Haneul has a deeper meaning for me.
               
               Back when I was still young, life wasn’t as easy as one can actually imagine. The only one I have is my mother and my younger brother Kyuhyun. My eomma had to take at least three jobs for us to be able to eat. My brother and I had to walk miles just to attend school. At days we were unlucky, having lunch is not an option. Both of us need to wait for my Mom to arrive home by 10 o’clock in the evening, so we can have our second meal for the day.

 
               I remember having a really bad day. Art has always been my passion, even my teacher saw it in me. She chose me to represent our school in an upcoming competition where they will scout for students deserving of a scholarship. We didn’t have money, but she totally believed in me that she sponsored all of my art materials. I have trained tremendously for months, but before I got inside the bus that will be driving us to the venue of the competition I was called to the infirmary.  Kyuhyun had a very high fever and he needed to go home. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but my brother is more important. The bus left with my teacher, and of course one of my classmates who will compete in my place. 
               
               I went to the infirmary and saw my baby brother who’s gotten really pale, drenched in his sweat, shaking. The nurse gave us Early Dismissal Slips and the meds Kyu needed, then sent us home. No one was kind enough to give us a ride, so Kyuhyun and I started walking home. We were just meters away from school when Kyu started complaining. “Noona, I can’t walk anymore. My legs are too weak.” then he started crying. I hugged him until he stopped. “Don’t worry Kyuhyunnie, Noona will get you home so you could rest.” 

 
               With all the strength I have, I carried him on my back and started walking again. As if we weren’t unfortunate enough, my shoe broke; Kyu and I fell on the road. I injured my hand, and there was blood, but my brother is more of a concern. I went to see if he was okay, and when I saw that he was, we continued on our way home.

 
               The sun has almost set when we arrived. I immediately brought him to our room, changed his clothes, fed him the leftover breakfast, and gave him his medicine. After I was sure that he was sleeping, I attended to my own wounds. I couldn’t help but cry, especially when I was trying to fix my shoes for tomorrow’s school. No matter what I do, I can’t make it stick. I was crying my eyes out, so hard I didn’t even notice my mother coming home.

 
               There was no need to ask, she already knew what I was feeling. She hugged me tight, so tight it made everything go away. What she did next was what made me stronger. My Mother took me outside, asked me to look at the sky, and told me that whenever I am down I should just look at the sky and remember that there’s always a heaven for us who are ill-fated. We just need to work hard, remain grounded, and do good unto others.

 
               Although I think she did so much good things that she has already gone to heaven. I was just 17 back then, but I only had Kyuhyun. I had to take the responsibility of taking care of both of us. It wasn’t that hard though. Kyuhyunnie is such a good kid, smart enough to become a full scholar. I can’t say that we lived well, but we were okay.

 
               I know, in my heart, that my mother is still watching us from up there. It was because of her that I am where I am now, her life lessons, her providence, her love. I just wish that she’s still physically here with us so I can give her a good life.

 
               I wish that every time I sign Cho Anya in papers, she was beside me saying that it was the right decision. I miss her, so much, and whenever I do I just look around our very own heaven and it would always make me feel better.

 

Haven't edited this yet. =))))) I wanna hear your thought on this one, though. Just a little background check on Anya. 

No silent readers! :)