Sweet Nothings

Little Wonkyu Things

This story was inspired by Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud. I fell in love with the song the moment I listened to it and got inspired to write this fic and make a WonKyu MV out of it. Click here to watch it. Hehe. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this story as much as I loved writing it.


It was late at night. You just wrapped up your Radio Star recording.You were on your way to home to the dorm. You were checking messages, chats and tweets.

And you are just noisy again today, huh?

You were actually referring to your boyfriend, Siwon's tweets. He was active again, as usual. Well, he always is whenever he is away... away from you.

Siwon was out of the country, finishing his last few scenes for his movie. You have been away from each other for almost a week, that it's now almost unbearable. Even if he calls you or chats with you or sends you text messages every minute of every hour of every day, it wasn't enough. You miss him. Being without Siwon (and your frequent doze of love-making rounds) is just too intolerable now. You think of him every single moment. You long for his touches, which practically gave you sleepless nights.

You were checking your Kakao Talk messages and replied to the other members and managers in your crazy chat room. Then you noticed another chat. It was from him and your face lit up.

I have a small surprise for you. Message me when you're done with your RS recording. Miss you, babe.

The message was sent when you were busy recording the show.

A small surprise? What is it this time?

You got excited and so your fingers typed away.

Hey sweetie. I'm done with RS and on my way back home. What's the small surprise?

You waited. It wasn't until about 5 minutes after that you received a reply. It was a video message. You clicked on it and it started to play. You saw those familiar fingers strum the guitar strings. It was a familiar tune but you still tried to find in your head what it was. It wasn't until a familiar voice began to sing the first lines of the song that you knew and there he was...

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks...

His voice was soft and soothing... it brought a smile on your face. God, how you missed him more!

Yes, silly. Of course I'll still remember your kisses and your killer smile.

You know he couldn't hear you yet because it was a pre-recorded video but you just had to say that out loud.

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23...

It was like a line he would tell you when his cheesy and mushy self comes over him. And it just made your heart flutter. Plus, that voice... his singing voice which you have always loved.... which most people don't appreciate much, just gave you goosebumps as he went and sing the higher notes of the song.

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

Me too, sweetie. Me too...

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart...

If only I could, sweetie. If only I could.

You felt your eyes starting to get misty now.

Aish! Why do you always make me cry?

I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are...

Yes, we did. I believe we did.

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name...

Tch! As if people will forget your name.. oh and I can't imagine you without your hair honey... bet you'll still look as hot as ever. Oh and I know that even if your memory fades, you wouldn't forget me.. you promised.

When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same...

Aigoo.. how confident! But yes, you're damn right... I will still love you even if you go ugly and wrinkled or maybe be the annoying forgetful you... like you are now, stupid.

You snickered.

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory...

Told yah.

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan...

Alright, alright. Fine. I really believe now that I was born to meet you and love you because sometimes I do wonder why the hell did I fall in love with you in the first place?

Ugh! I'm getting cheesier each day... I can't believe this!


I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand...

As I always do, pabo!

But baby now...

Wow! Your voice sounds amazing, sweetie.

Him hitting that high note full of emotions just sent you shivers.


Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh...

He was into the song, that silly boyfriend of yours. You were staring into your phone's screen as he stared back while continuously playing the instrumental part of the song.

I so miss you, sweetie. Please come home soon.

"Siwon I bet?"

You didn't hear your manager commented as you were too engaged watching the rest of the video.

"Tch! Love birds.."

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are...

Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are...

Not maybe, sweetie. We DID found love right where we are...

You didn't realize that by the end of the song, you were sniffing and sobbing.

I hate you! Call me.

You sent him a message and in a seconds, your phone rang.

I so hate you, Choi Siwon.

But why babe? You didn't like my surprise?

You tried so hard not to sob loud so that he wouldn't notice it but failed.

Are you crying, babe? Aaaw.. my baby Kyu liked it so much...

Stop it! I hate you!

So you didn't?

Why do you think I'm crying my heart out right now in front of manager hyung if I didn't? Stupid!

You wiped your fallen tears with the back of your hand.

I know you love that song, babe. We both do...

Yeah. I remember now we even tried to sing it together when we found the lyrics of the song.

That's why I had to learn the chords. I love you, Cho Kyuhyun. And yes, we found love right where we are... at the right place.. at the right time. And that's me thinking out loud.

Yes, we did, Wonnie. I know that a long time ago. I love you too... and I miss you oh so muchie.

Oh, so cute! I miss you too oh so muchie.

You both laughed. Then, silence followed.

Wonnie..

Yes, cupcake?

Can you play that song when you come back so we can sing it together, sweetie?

I'd love that, honeybunch.

Come home to me soon, okay?

I will, babe. Just a few more days.

Okay.

Are you near home now?

Yes.

Will you call me before you go to sleep?

Yes, Wonnie. I will.

Okay, then.

Wonnie...

Hmmm...

Saranghae... nomu nomu saranghae...

Nado saranghae. Yohwonhi.


Author's note: Eeeek... cheesy but sweet. Haha. My apologies if it sounded like it's all blabber.. haha... but I still hope you liked it. Drop me some comments! :)