Always Here For You

Always Here For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol had fallen in love the first time his eyes set on Lee Sungjong, the cute boy who used to be his classmate at the high school. The cute boy who everyone–and yes even boys– adored him so much because of his cuteness, and Sungyeol was included in one of them too.

Sungyeol always wanted to make Sungjong to belong to him only, but he never got the courage to confess his feelings. All he could do was become his precious best friend and stayed by his side to always protect him forever.

Yeah, Sungyeol always stayed by Sungjong’s side. Even when Sungjong already had a boyfriend–which was also Sungyeol’s best friend– Kim Myungsoo, Sungyeol was still always stay by Sungjong’s side. Sungyeol envied Myungsoo because his best friend could confess his feeling to Sungjong so easily while he couldn’t.

Sungjong and Myungsoo has dated for 3 years already and they even lived together in Myungsoo’s apartment. For those 3 years, mixed feelings had developed inside Sungyeol’s heart. He was happy, happy because his loved one was happy together with his favorite best friend. He was also sad, sad because his loved one was in love with his best friend, not him. He could only give a bitter smile when he saw them being happy and so romantic with each other.

Sungyeol had tried so many times to get rid of his love for Sungjong. He thought he must do it since Sungjong was belongs to someone else now, and that he might not have a chance to get Sungjong anymore. He had tried dating with several pretty girls, but it didn’t last long though because he always couldn’t get Sungjong out of his mind when he was spending time with those girls. So that’s why he kept being in a single relationship until now.

The sound of ringing cell phone filled the silence in Sungyeol’s bedroom. It successfully make Sungyeol stirred on his sleep. He groaned and slipped his head under his pillow to muffle the sound, but the sound never stopped, so he had no choice but to open his eyes and pick the noisy call up.

“Hel…laww?” Sungyeol mumbled sleepily after he pressed the phone on his ear.

“…”

Sungyeol frowned when he got no reply. He pulled his head back to check at the caller ID and the sleepiness vanished from Sungyeol’s head as soon as he saw it was Sungjong’s name displayed on his phone screen. But why he didn’t say anything?

“Jongie? Are you there?” Sungyeol asked.

“…Hyu…ng.” Sungjong sobbed on the other line, and of course that surprised Sungyeol.

“Jongie? A–are you crying?”

Sungyeol got no reply from Sungjong as the younger guy was too busy with sobbing. Sungyeol was getting more worried and panic now. “Where are you? I’m coming to you right now!”

Sungjong managed to tell Sungyeol his location between his sobs, which was Sungjong’s old apartment, the one Sungjong had kind of abandoned for these 3 years –because he moved to Myungsoo’s–. After Sungyeol heard that, he spent no time to get himself ready and rushed to Sungjong’s apartment.

Sungyeol finally arrived in front of Sungjong’s apartment in no time. He fished out a spare key of Sungjong’s apartment he got from Sungjong himself long ago. When he opened the door, he found it was dark inside the apartment. Where was Sungjong?

“Jongie?” Sungyeol tried to call younger guy’s name. He glanced around in hope he could find Sungjong and when his eyes couldn’t find what he wanted, he tried to go to Sungjong’s bedroom and there Sungjong was, lying on his bed and he was crying, trying his best to muffle his cry with his pillow. His back was facing Sungyeol, that’s why he still didn’t realize about Sungyeol’s presence yet.

Sungyeol approached Sungjong’s bed silently and Sungjong gasped in surprise when he could feel a sudden weight filling the other side of his bed. Sungjong turned around and he calmed down, smiling weakly when he saw it was Sungyeol.

“H–Hyung… You came.” Sungjong said weakly. He crawled closer to the tall boy and he raised his body up a bit to lean on Sungyeol’s chest.

“What happened, Jongie? Why are you crying?” Sungyeol asked lovingly as he also wiped Sungjong’s tears away from his cheeks with his thumb. He also wrapped a hand on Sungjong’s shoulder and pulled him closer.

“I…broke up with Myungsoo hyung.”

“Eeh!?” Sungyeol shouted in disbelief. “Are you serious!?”

Sungjong nodded weakly. “Myungsoo hyung said, he doesn’t love me anymore. He had found someone else and he said he loved her more than me, that’s why he broke up with me. I can’t believe it. He used to say he will love me forever and he will stay by my side forever. He promised! But now, we broke up and he has a new girlfriend already! Why is he doing this to me!? Why is this happening to me!? What have I done to him so he wanted to broke up with me!?”

Sungjong poured out all of his frustration and his sadness on that wail. He was really broken-hearted. He never thought he would be betrayed by the person he loved the most. He really wished to be just disappeared from this world since it was so painful for him.

“It’s okay, Jongie. It’s okay. Don’t shed your beautiful tears for him. It will be wasteful. You mustn’t cry because of him, he doesn’t deserve it. I’m sure you will find a new love better than him soon.” Sungyeol soothed Sungjong with saying those words tenderly.

Sungyeol knew it’s wrong if he felt like this, but he couldn’t deny he was a little bit happy too if Sungjong broke up with Myungsoo, because that meant he would have a chance to make Sungjong belongs to him only.

Sungjong stopped crying for a while to look up at Sungyeol’s face. “You’re so kind to me, Sungyeol hyung. So kind. If only I had fallen with a person like you, maybe I wouldn’t get hurt like this.” Sungjong snuggled his head closer to Sungyeol’s neck and Sungyeol couldn’t help but happy when he heard Sungjong said those words.

“But…” Sungjong opened his mouth again. “Even if I will find a new better love later, I’m scared. I’m scared that I would get hurt like this again. If by loving someone means I will get hurt like this at the end, it’s better if I don’t love someone forever. I feel like…I could never love someone else again.”

Okay, Sungyeol felt a little bit disappointed at that. It meant, Sungyeol had no chance to get Sungjong’s love even the younger guy wasn’t in relationship with someone else anymore. But, what could he do anyway? He understood how hurt Sungjong was since he also knew how much Sungjong loved Myungsoo. Sungyeol sighed. If only he could change Sungjong’s mind and gave him a chance to prove Sungjong’s thoughts were wrong… Damn that lady–killer and camera lovers Kim Myungsoo for making Sungjong became like this...

“Don’t say it, Sungjong. I know someday you will have someone to love you and who will stay by your side forever. And I’m sure he will never betray your love just like Myungsoo did.” ‘And that someone will be me...’ Sungyeol thought.

“When will that someone come to my life then?” Sungjong asked.

“Soon.” ‘That someone is already with you for long ago, Sungjong. It is me. But you never realize it, though.’ Sungyeol thought.

“Hmm…” Sungjong mumbled. Soon, he drifted in to sleep as he found it was so warm and comfortable by snuggling on Sungyeol’s body. His sleep was getting comfortable as Sungyeol kept caressing his head lovingly.

Oh, how Sungjong wished Sungyeol was his boyfriend and not Myungsoo. He would sure always be happy if Sungyeol was always by his side, wouldn’t he? Sungjong was such a fool for not choosing Sungyeol to be his boyfriend long ago.

Sungjong did say it would be better if he didn’t fell for someone else or he would get hurt again, but maybe he should take that back. Because, as time has passed, Sungjong was getting attracted and interested on Sungyeol as Sungyeol was always there when he needs him or…maybe Sungjong had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter