Final

Sungmin doesn't know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmin, Heechul and Kyuhyun- the not-so-invited-guest- were all having a sumptuous dinner when suddenly, Sungmin stood up and giddily reached for something near the table. Heechul’s scrutinizing eyes followed the body of his thirteen years’ old brother who for the love of god acts like an infant born yesterday. Then Heechul also studied Kyuhyun whose age is same with his brother but is the biggest nerd of the town. Well, Kyuhyun is handsome, Heechul admits but Kyuhyun still needs to befriend puberty more. Or maybe a visit to salon and dermatologist will do.

Kyuhyun lifted his head and tried to peek at Sungmin’s back. "Sungminnie ?"

Heechul scoffed. What on earth is Sungminnie and hell, they are teens already please stop with the innocence.

Kyuhyun’s eyerbrows rose higher when Sungmin shoved a purple velvet box to his hyung who in return coughed vigorously as if he was having asthma attack first time in his life. He heard Sungmin giggled and bounced a little, too off for a thirteen years old but too cute for Kyuhyun so it doesn’t matter.

“Hyung, I asked you if you bought already the replica of Harry Potter’s wand but you said no,” Sungmin pouted again and Heechul coughed more. “Then I remembered you told me your gift is wrapped nicely in a dark-colored velvet material so I searched and tadah”

Kyuhyun, observing Heechul, looked like he was dying.

“Sungmin, tha- that’s purple not magenta!, My god how idiot can you be?”

As soon as Heechul’s words left his mouth, he instantly regretted it because his younger brother’s face scrunched like he was hit in the stomach or more like, crying but stopping his self because his matured brother aka Heechul says only wuss people cry.

And no matter how much he doesn’t know what a wuss is, he still doesn’t want to cry.

Sensing the tension, Heechul just dropped the topic. “Okay, Sungmin,” he inhaled deeply, “ did you open it already?”

Sungmin bit his lips seems like torn from telling the truth or not but because not wanting to disappoint Heechul more, he opted for what he thinks is the best. He nodded, “Ye-yes.” Heechul’s eyes doubled in size. “Bu-but I didn’t fully open—just a peek.”

“What does it look like then?” Heechul threw a long side glance at Kyuhyun but the latter didn’t notice. Kyuhyun just continued slurping the soup in a way that makes the almighty Heechul thinks he’ll be doing the best thing.

“Huh?”

“I said what does it look like, Sungmin?”

“It-it is long.” Sungmin gulped, Heechul smiled like a chesire cat.

“Okay, you can play with it.” His insides are tingling now and Heechul mentally called himself the saviour of mankind. “Go to your room now, Kyuhyun will just follow suit.”

Sungmin doesn’t even spared a second to Kyuhyun, all excited for his new toy, and Kyuhyun suddenly felt like he is eating –slurping--the soup wrongly, because Heechul’s stare was never right to begin with.

 

 

“You!”

Kyuhyun froze.

“Taste this wine—“

“But hyung I’m just—“ Kyuhyun ponders a little because he heard that wines are the best but then he’s a minor barely even thirteen.

“Nahh drink this so you can go to Sungmin’s room.”

But the small tasting of wine turned to a glassful of it and a little barks of mundane s about the world, Kyuhyun fell into Heechul’s trap.

 

 

He closed the door lightly as he left the room, feeling dizzy yet still alert with his senses. Kyuhyun started walking toward his room when he stopped at Sungmin’s room, which was just beside his. He stopped in front of the door and wondered whether he should go in because the other might be sleeping. But then he also thought Sungmin might still be playing with what Heechul gave him, besides he is curious too especially the way Heechul reacted earlier.

That was what Kyuhyun wanted to find out.

He knocked on the door lightly and called the other boy, “Sungminnie?”

 

A couple of seconds later there were a series of small thumping and occasional grunts, Kyuhyun was about to turn the knob but it was locked, he knocked again but Sungmin never answer his calls. Kyuhyun was starting to worry and again, he was about to knock but louder this time when the door opened to show a very red looking Sungmin-- cheeks flushed and sweats adorning his neck and collarbones that was freed by the pyjamas he wore.

"What are you doing?" Kyuhyun mused, laughing at Sungmin’s appearance. "Have you actually been running?" But he never got an answer instead Sungmin remain incredibly passive.

Sungmin frowned but didn't open the door wider for Kyuhyun to step inside. "What are you doing here?” he asked but his eyes never met Kyuhyun’s questioning ones.

"I wanted to know what you got from chullie hyung," Kyuhyun said, standing up on his tiptoes to see what was inside, but Sungmin would only stand on his toes too and trying to block Kyuhyun’s view.

"Li-Like I said it was long and- and." Kyuhyun swears he can see tears b at lids of Sungmin’s eyes but he was too busy squealing inside to even ask what is wrong. “- I don’t know how it works.” Sungmin cried harder but none of the tears spilled, more like whining to Kyuhyun how he got dumb with this one.

Kyuhyun stopped probing and actually got back to his feet, the balls of it hitting the floor with a thud.

 "... Okay," Kyuhyun said, turning around, ready to go back to his room. Before, he and Sungmin would share rooms during overnights but Kangin- Sungmin’s hyung- will get so highly stubborn with the idea that they are already grown-ups, thus, cuddling on bed, is unconventional for males. He never minded it actually but sometimes Sungmin sneaks to his bed during the times Kangin wasn’t present.

And this one, is during one of those, except that now—Sungmin doesn’t want him in.

And just as Sungmin was loosening his grip on the door, Kyuhyun sped inside the small gap Sungmin had opened just right underneath his arm. A triumphant smile grew on his face as he raced inside the room, standing in the middle and wondering what is the thing Sungmin was hiding from him that he doesn’t want to show the gift.

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin yelled, racing toward him and grabbing his hand. He made to pull Kyuhyun out of his room, but Sungmin was never stronger. Though Kyuhyun is all bones and bones, Sungmin never had the chance to outstrength Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin's attempts to get him out of the room. "What are you doing, Sungmin?" he asked, laughing as he easily twisted his hand out of Sungmin's grip. "What are you hiding, is the toy---?"

Sighing, he closed the door and locked it and walked towards Kyuhyun. "You... you might just make fun of me," he muttered.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. He is still thinking what Sungmin did to the toy and why would he laugh, just because he’s too dumb to follow the instructions? "Well, if it's funny, I guess I will laugh but is this all about you not knowing what to do?"

That didn't seem like an answer Sungmin wanted because his scowl grew deeper. "Never mind, just please, get out of my room." He said before momentarily glancing over his bed.

"Sorry, sorry," Kyuhyun said but his eyes are following Sungmin’s gaze then this time, he’s sure he is eager to see what was inside the box. "Okay, I promise I won't laugh."

Sungmin was quiet for a long time, and Kyuhyun was starting to get impatient. He almost wanted to start analyzing the gift of not for the fact it wasn’t his, and it is not his attitude to just impose like that Fortunately, Sungmin sighed and finally start walking toward his bed. Kyuhyun followed after him, too excited to speak.

When Sungmin pulled out a box from under his bed, Kyuhyun’s eyes shone in amazement.

“That’s the toy?”

Sungmin shook his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter