Final

Take the risk

"Kyungsoooooo!!" 

A tall, dark, lean young man, bouquet of fresh roses in his hands, shouted from the top of his lungs. He, then, knelt down, raising the bouquet of flowers, only to have met a pail of water splashed onto his face. Kim Jongin have been soaked recently every time he goes home, but he doesn't mind at all. Do Kyungsoo is always worth it. 

Kyungsoo is afraid to fall inlove, and Jongin knows that. Kyungsoo's heart shattered into million of pieces a few months back by his ex. And Jongin knows the risk of confessing to his childhood friend, but he told him anyways because Do Kyungsoo is always worth the risk. 

"Oops. Sorry, Jongin-ssi. But you know, baby bro's order." Seungsoo, Kyungsoo older brother, shrugged. "Why don't you just give up already?" He asked, but only to be returned with a determined look by the younger. 

"I ain't giving up, hyung. I love Kyungsoo so much. I just can't!" Seungsoo was about to say something but what came out to his mouth was a sigh. 

"Whatever you say, Jongin-ssi." Then Seungsoo went back inside.Jongin went home that day, soaked and an angry mother, saying he should just give up with his antics and she's tired of having too much laundry in a day. 

But no, Jongin is a stubborn young man. He doesn't give up especially on Do Kyungsoo, the man he has fallen inlove with ever since he laid eyes on the wide-doe eyed boy with heart shaped lips. 

Jongin returns on the next day. This time he's expressing his love by serenading the love of his life with his favorite song. People passing by were  giving him strange looks, some even encouraging him. But as usual, it ended up having a pail of water splashed on his face, having him soaked wet again. 

----- 

"Dude, as the saying goes there are many fishes in the sea." Sehun said one day, sipping a little bit of coffee, he should've ordered bubble tea. 

"Yeah, says the man who is desperately waiting for a particular doe eyed Chinese who looks like a girl." Jongin scoffed. Sehun was a , but he loves his best friend anyways. "oh, Luhannie hyung. I miss you so much. When will you come back? Sehunnie misses you a lot /cue smooch sounds/" Jongin said in the best way to mimic Sehun's voice,  and he laughs hysterically at the sight of Sehun's mortified face. 

"Tsk." Sehun clicked his tongue after sipping his coffee "I don't know what you're talking about." Jongin was biting back a laugh from his bestfriend's denial. 

"seriously, I don't know why you stick with your bestfriend, you could just give up and go out to clubs, you can find someone there so easily." 

Jongin shot him a glare. He couldn't believe even his bestfriend tells him to give up. He tightened his grip around the coffee cup, boring holes in it when he got tired of facing Sehun's stoic face. 

"I don't know, Sehun. It shouldn't have been this way. If only I wasn't a big coward in the past. If only I didn't let that Junmyeon guy waltz into his life. Maybe just maybe, he wouldn't be like this now. Maybe we both are very happy right now." He smiled bitterly, not glancing at Sehun who seems to say something but nothing. 

"If only..." He whispered. 

----

the next day on he visited the household with a pororo plushie in his hands, smiling widely, hoping today would be the day. He glanced at the penguin in his grasp and smiled. He remembered those times when he and Kyungsoo were cuddled up either in his room or Kyungsoo's to watch pororo every night. He just want to relive again and he hopes they would.

A sound of an opening door snapped Jongin out from his reverie and when he looked up to see Seungsoo on the balcony. His eyes widened from the realization (and mortification). Why does he always forgets to bring an umbrella. 

"Oh, Jongin-ssi." Seungsoo said, jumping a bit. "Don't worry, I don't have a pail today, besides Kyungsoo is not in the house today." The older said waving his hands mid-air. 

"Uh, may I know where he is?" From the looks of it, Seungsoo was contemplating whether to tell the kid the whereabouts of his brother or not. But screw Kyungsoo's rules, he wants him to be happy and he knows the tanned kid will make him happy. He nodded in appreciation to himself. He muttered a 'you're such a great hyung' to himself before telling the tanned kid below. 

Jongin ran like a zooming race car towards the park near their residence. It is where they would play when they were kids, and Jongin smiled at memory of him and Kyungsoo sharing their first kiss  (it was an accident, but Jongin wants to consider it a score) 

he immediately found the man he loved, sitting on a swing. He walked slowly and discreetly, not wanting Kyungsoo to know he was here. He was now behind Kyungsoo, ready to hug him or first or something when something unexpected...

"Jongin-ah..." Kyungsoo sighed, kicking the dirt. Jongin's eyes widened. Have he been found out? He started to panic, he wanted to run when...

"I love you too. But I'm scared. I'm scared because you're my bestfriend." And Jongin watches as Kyungsoo's shoulders deflate. His heart swelled and clenched, Kyungsoo loved him back but he's scared. He immediately envelop the other into a hug, and it startled the older so much. 

"I love you too, hyung. So much." Jongin says, burying his nose on the crook of Kyungsoo's neck. God, how he missed he so much. How he missed the latter's warmth, the latter's touch. Kyungsoo's everything. 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo squirmed, trying to be freed by Jongin grips, but the younger only held him tighter. His chest on the younger's back. And Jongin couldn't be more happy. 

"Hyung, there's no need to be afraid. I know you're afraid and I'm also afraid on what the future holds, but hyung I'm willing to take the risk with you. I love you so much, hyung. I would tell you that everyday if I could so you'd know there's a guy from the block named Kim Jongin who loves you so much." The latter seems to soften from the words and began to lean into Jongin. 

"I hate you, you know that." Jongin smiled, his heart was thrumming faster than he had ever imagined. 

"Can I kiss you, hyung?" Jongin inquired, looking a like cute puppy (Kyungsoo thinks)

"you could try." The older said teasingly. Jongin smiled lovingly before cupping Kyungsoo cheeks. Kissing his forehead first, then his nose, then on Kyungsoo's lips. 

It was short and chaste, but it held a lot of things. 

 

 Jongin pecked Kyungsoo's lips before saying

"What do you say about Pororo marathon at my place tonight? " 

Kyungsoo giggled.  "Sure, Jongin-ah. " 

They went that day with intertwined hands and happy hearts.  

 

A/n: ...