Daddy's Not Going Anywhere

Daddy's Not Going Anywhere - Hoya

The bright sun shined through your apartment as you got ready for the day ahead. Your heels clicked against the tile in the kitchen as you made yourself a simple bowl of cereal. The sun started to peak over the tops of the trees and the gentle, bright rays filtered through the windows, casting shadows across the floor from the furniture.

Holding the bowl with one and and feeding yourself with a spoon in the other, you were just about done with breakfast as a figure moved out of the hallway and ruffled his bed hair with one hand while the other covered his mouth that managed to let out a big yawn.

"Morning Sleepyhead" You cooed quietly as you rinsed out your bowl and placed it in the dishwasher.

"Morning Gorgeous" He mumbled as he leaned against the side of the counter, sliding his thumbs into his pockets of his black pajama pants.

Hoya’s eyes gently scanned your morning attire, still thinking you would be in your over-sized shirt, he saw you in some black heels, jeans and a purple sheer collared shirt with a white tank top underneath. Folding his arms over his stomach, he moved closer to you and leaned against another part of the counter.

"Why are we all dressed up this morning?" Hoya gently pulled at the bottom hem of your shirt, gesturing to your attire.

"Well… I have to go to a business meeting that will last all day, so I was wondering if you could watch Maelyn today?" You played with your bracelet nervously and shifted your weight from one foot to the other.

"I suppose I could watch her today…" Hoya started to trail off, his eyes dropping from yours.

"Do you have something else you have to do today?" You questioned not wanting to ruin his schedule either.

"Well practice, but since a few of the members are at the set for their drama series I am not sure if we are having it today." Hoya explained

"I see, well I am sure that she would love to spend the day with her dad, even if that means sitting and watching him dance at the studio." You walked over to him and s your arms around his waist.

"Go enjoy your day in the corporate jungle, jagi" Hoya teased, tucking some hair back in its place as he leaned up and kissed your lips gently so he wouldn’t ruin your subtle makeup.

"If you do need to go in, you mom has offered to take Maelyn for the day, so you can drop her off if you can’t take her to where ever you are going." You added as he nodded and you kissed his lips once more before walking to the door.

Pulling a jacket over your shoulder, then your purse, you opened the front door and waved to your husband. Waving back, he blew a kiss to you before he watched you close the door behind you. Ruffling up his hair, he let out a sigh and pulled his phone from his pocket.

Tapping in his password, he pulled up the group chat and typed a little message to s and manager.

Have to stay home and watch Maelyn today, if you need me call me

Sending it, he slipped the phone back into his pocket before he walked over to the couch and laid down, taking in the easy morning by reading his book.

A few hours passed before Maelyn woke up, she trotted out of her room with her purple puppy under her arm, looking around the kitchen and living room, she didn’t see you anywhere in sight. Getting a little worried, she gripped her puppy tighter.

"Mommy?" Her voice was quiet at first but called the same word a little louder.

"Maelyn, Mommy isn’t here right now" Hoya told her as his eyes still moved along with the words printed on the page.

"Daddy!" She squealed happily, running around the couch, she saw him reclining on the couch, one hand behind his head and the other around the book, keeping his page open. Jumping on the couch, she climbed up and poked her head over the top of his book as she straddled his chest.

"What ‘cha reading?" She smiled brightly and patted his chest with her tiny hands as he let out a chuckle and a smile.

"Well I was reading something, but I can’t remember what~" Hoya smiled and marked his place before closing the book and setting it on the floor.

"Why can’t you remember? Did you hit your head?" She questions, her eyes growing wide as she leans down and presses her head against his chest.

"What are you doing?" Hoya looked down at her with a gentle smile as his hand gently rests on her small back.

"Seeing if your heart was okay" She lifts her head with a smile, "Your heart is good, but does your head hurt?" She moves up his chest and presses her hands on his forehead then her hands slide over his eyes and to his cheeks, squishing them together.

"My head is fine" Hoya says through his protruding lips, since she is squishing his cheeks.

"Then how come you keep forgetting?" She takes her hands away and folds them over her chest.

"Because I saw you~" Hoya smiled and put his hands on her hips

"Ewwwwwww, Daddyyyyyy" Maelyn sticks out her tongue as Hoya just giggles, "No wonder you lost your memory, Uncle Woohyun has invaded your mind!" She poked his head

"Yah! That was all me, the greasy Woohyun can never get to me!" He announced loudly.

"Then prove it" She slid from his chest and ran away from the couch a little, "Come and get me" She calls as he sits up and she runs screaming a little as she finds a hiding place.

Just as about as Hoya was about to run after his daughter, his phone started to ring. Answering the call, he pressed the phone up to his ear and nodded his head. Meanwhile, Maelyn peeked her head out from her bedroom door and overheard the conversation.

"Yes manager-nim…. I will be right there… yeah, my mom can take Maelyn for the day… yes…" Hoya slowly paced in front of the couch before he ended the call and slid his phone back into his pocket. Looking over his shoulder, she slid back into her hiding place.

Hearing her dad change into a t shirt with the sleeves cut off and some shorts, she curled up in a ball on her bed. Hoya pushed open her door as he saw her and he sighed softly seeing her.

"Maelyn, let’s go to Grandma Lee’s, okay?" Hoya opened her blinds as she just rolled over and curled into a tighter ball.

"No" She mumbled, he turned around hearing such a negative word from her.

"Why not? She is fun and you can go see my brothers" He smiled and ruffled her hair a little before she pulled a blanket up over her head.

"I don’t want to play with them, they are mean" She told him as his eyes widened.

"They can be mean but I am sure that they aren’t mean to you" Hoya reassured her.

"I don’t want to" She moved away from him. Now this was getting weird, Maelyn never moved away from him, and with her being this negative really worried him.

"Is something going on Mae?" He whispered softly, leaning over her.

"I want you to dance for me" She changed the subject quickly while she peeked her eyes over the edge of her blanket.

"Okay, one song but then we have to go, arasso?" Hoya told her as she nodded.

Both of them went into the living room where there was more room for Hoya to dance for his little girl. With her choosing ‘Back’ as the song of choice for him to dance to, he put on the music and started dancing. When the final note was held and he froze his last pose, she laid over on the couch and sighed.

"Didn’t you like the dance, Maelyn?" Hoya questioned, kneeling down in front of the edge of the couch.

"I did, it is just…" She looked up at the ceiling and rested her hand on her stomach. "I think puppy is sick, and if puppy is sick then I am sick."

"You’re sick?" He rose his hand and rested on her forehead. "Now I don’t feel a fever" Feeling her puppy’s head and finding he didn’t have a fever either, Hoya tapped his bottom lip.

"Grandma Lee has a really good cure for tummy aches" Hoya’s fingers gently brushed over her skin.

"I told you, I don’t want to go to Grandma Lee’s house." She turned and wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head into his neck. "Don’t go, I don’t want you to go to work today." She confessed at a whimper against his neck.

Wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his lap, he slowly moved his hand around her back as his phone started to ring. Maelyn just held onto him tighter and balled the fabric of his shirt into her hands as Hoya hesitated to answer his phone, but finding his daughter more important than work, he let it ring while he rocked Maelyn from side to side.

"Don’t worry, I won’t be going into work today. I’m staying right here with you." He whispered and kissed her head gently, holding her in his arms, being with her for the rest of the day.