Enough to Fool Myself

Enough to Fool Myself

BamBam kneels down before me, propping himself onto his right knee. The sun was hitting down on him, making him glow in the most beautiful way ever.

*Ba-bump. Ba-bump.*

Wait, Kimkim. Why are you so nervous? You know what's going to happen next. Any minute now he's going to pull out the ring box from his left pant pocket, look into your eyes, and then slowly open the lid to the box revealing the diamond ring.

As expected, BamBam reaches into his left pocket and grabs the velvet ring box, or at least attempts to. A panicked expression takes over his beautiful smile as he frantically gets up and digs through his pockets.

"I can't find it," I hear him mutter under his breath.

"CUT!" the director screams, giving me and BamBam a shock.

"BamBam, what the hell are you doing, huh?!"

"I-- I--" Just by looking at his face I could tell how embarrassed and frightened he was at the moment.

He faces the camera crew.

"I'm sorry," he manages to say as he gives everyone a 90 degree bow.

"I'm sorry too, Kimkim," he says, but I just brush it off telling him it didn't matter.

"Everyone, take 5," the director orders.

"Kimkim, let's go fix your make-up, okay," Jennifer, my stylist, says in the most gentle voice.

"Okay," I smiled back.

 

"Kimkim, you're sweating so much! It's like a waterfall on the side of your face!" Jennifer teases.

"Hey, stop! You know I have a crush on him. Why do you have to tease me about it?" I playfully pushed her.

Yes, I have a crush on him, on BamBam. And yes, Jennifer knows. She's my stylist and my best friend; of course she would know. I tell her everything.

"So why exactly do you like him, hmm..?" Jennifer questions.

I scoff, "Seriously, Jennifer! I already told you why.."

She smiles at my comment, "I know. I just wanted to hear you admit why you like him~"

She playfully sticks out her tongue.

"Ehhh, stick out your tongue again and next time I'll grab it."

"Okay, okay. Your make-up's done. Now go out there and get your man!"

I roll my eyes and look back at her only to see her doing a "fighting!" pose.

"Aish, this girl," I chuckled to myself as I reached for the door.

I closed the door behind me, taking a few steps before bumping into something. Oh wait, someone.

"Oh, BamBam," I say nervously, hoping he wouldn't hear the tremble in my voice.

"Oh, Kimkim! I've been looking for you!"

Phew, he didn't notice. But he said he was looking for me...?

*Ba-bump. Ba-bump.*

"The director said he wanted to speak to the both of us, regarding our acting." He looks at me and smiles.

I nod, too nervous to actually speak.

Ahh, that's why.. Stupid heart, making me nervous and excited for no reason.

Without realizing, I started staring at him, admiring his features.

That defined jaw-line. Those nice plump lips. His snowy white hair. Those sparkling brown eyes.. That are staring right back at me..?

"You're so cute, Kimkim," he chuckles, ruffling my hair.

*Ba-bump. Ba-bump.*

Ughh, stop it heart. He doesn't like you.

 

I can sense the awkward atmosphere surrounding us.

Out of habit, I accidently clear my throat, earning his attention.

Darn it.

"Hmm..?" He questions as he looks at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Uhh.." I look down out of nervousness.

"Oh! So you found it? Where was it?" I asked, glad that I saw the velvet box in his hand.

He looks back at me with a confused look as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

I pointed to his hand.

"Oh, this?" he chuckles, raising the box to his eye level. "I found it in my jacket pocket," he rubs the back of his neck, giving me a sheepish grin.

I bursted out laughing and gave him a playful punch.

How could I fall in love with an idiot like him?

 

BamBam and I both walked out to the filming set. We approach the director but stop in our tracks when we see him talking to Jennifer.

"Bingo! I like it!" I heard the director shout in excitement as he high-5's Jennifer.

 

After waiting for a couple of minutes, the director finally signals us to come over.

"Okay, I called you both out here to discuss your acting and a change in plans," the director informs us.

BamBam and I both nod our head, indicating to the director to continue talking.

"In this CF for Kay Jewelers, you guys don't have any speaking lines, right?"

We both nod.

"Right. Meaning that you guys have to portray the idea that you guys are in love and that you guys are happy to be newly engaged through your acting. But when you guys are acting, you guys act and look too awkward to be lovers.

"People could tell that you guys are hired and paid to act like a couple. You guys have to act so well that people can't tell you guys are acting. So well that you even trick yourself. Do you guys understand?"

"Yes, I understand," BamBam and I both said at the same time.

"Now, to discuss the new plan," the director starts. "Instead of hugging after BamBam proposes to Kimkim, I want you guys to kiss."

"WAIT, WHAT?!" we both shout.

"We are already awkward enough just hugging, but kiss? Are you serious?" BamBam argues.

"Yes, I'm serious. Like I said, since you guys don't speak what-so-ever in this CF, it's going to be more challenging to convince the audience. But a kiss will fool them for sure," the director explains.

"So there’s no other option? You really want us to kiss instead?" I ask.

"Yes," the director chuckles, giving me a wink.

What the-- Oh, wait a minute.

I look around and finally find the face I was looking for. She looks back at me with a HUGE grin on her face while giving me two thumbs up.

Jennifer, I'm totally going to kill you after this!

 

"Ahh, how am I going to do this? I never kissed anyone before," I muttered.

"Don't worry, just follow my lead," BamBam gives me a reassuring smile.

"So I'm guessing you had experience with kissing before," I eyed him suspiciously.

"Nope. But if it's meant to be, the kiss will come naturally."

Pfft. 'If it's meant to be, the kiss will come naturally.' What the hell is that supposed to mean?

 

"Okay, I'm going to briefly explain the new storyline for the CF. Basically, BamBam proposes to Kimkim, you guys kiss and get engaged; it couldn't get any more simple than that. We also want to get shots of you guys acting lovey-dovey just like a real couple later if we can. We are going to start with the proposal scene to get it out of the way. Okay cue!"

​​

The breeze was brushing gently against my skin. I stared at the ground, kicking a pebble to pass time. I hear footsteps approaching from behind me. I gracefully spun around on my right heel, making sure to use the gentle breeze to my advantage.

And then I see him. There was this light glowing from him. A type of thing you'll only read in a manga or see in a movie.

He takes a step forward. I take a step forward. Step after step after step. We finally reached the middle point. I looked into his sparkling brown orbs, and he looks into mine. A smile washes over my face. Not sure if I was acting or genuinely happy, but I guess that doesn't matter. He kneels down onto his right knee and reaches into his left pant pocket, bringing out the ring box. I cover my mouth from utter shock and excitement as tears of joy start forming in my eyes. He lifts up the lid of the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

'Will you please marry me?' His eyes spoke for him.

Without hesitation, I shook my head 'yes' with tears rolling down my cheeks and my hands still covering my mouth. He smiles, wide enough to show his pearly white teeth. The ring glistened under the sunlight as he took it out from its box. He reaches for my left hand and places the ring on the appropriate finger. He pulls me into a hug. A hug that felt so warm and comforting.

Do I have to let go?

I felt his hot breath against my ear.

"Wait, what?" I whispered, loud enough for only him to hear.

"I said, 'This is the part where we kiss.'"

He pulls away from the hug yet our bodies were still touching. He looks into my eyes and grabs the sides of my face, bringing it closer to his.

*Ba-bump. Ba-bump.*

I close my eyes as I feel our faces getting closer.

3 centimeters.. 2 centimeters.. 1 centimeter..

I felt something soft on my lips. BamBam and I are kissing. My first kiss is with BamBam.

This is so awkward.. What do I do..?

Without thinking, my hands found its way around his neck.

Our lips moulded together as if they were meant for each other.

'If it's meant to be, the kiss will come naturally.' Is this what BamBam meant? I'm so confused.. Why does my stomach hurt? Not in a bad way, but as if fireworks are exploding inside me. Is this what it feels like to kiss someone?

 

"And.. CUT!" the director calls.

BamBam and I quickly pull apart from the kiss.

"That was perfect! I'm so proud of you guys!" the director exclaimed, pulling us all into an awkward group hug.

"I didn't know you had it in you, Kimkim! Those tears, excellent!" he gave me a thumbs up.

"Thank you," I bowed.

"That's what I was looking for! I can sense the happiness between you two as if the proposal was real and successful. You guys were so well, I believed you guys were an actual couple!" the director complimented.

"Yeah, me too.." I mumbled quietly to myself.