Chapter 4

Story Book

It was a bit awkward at first, but after some time talking with him, you weren't feeling as uncomfortable as before. It was still weird to be talking with him, considering you had pretty much convinced yourself you'd never be able to say anything. It was also weird to see him be so different. You remembered him being the social, happy-go-lucky guy who would make anyone laugh. He wasn't like that, at least not only like that. He was still a bit jumpy on his chair when he was excited about something, smiling a lot, but he was more serious than you had expected.

He had studied a bit until he realised what he wanted to do was much different. He was working part time at the cooffee shop to help himself realise his dream, which was to be a popular rapper and dancer. It made you smile. You had no idea if he was good or not, but you hoped he would be able to do that.

-And you, what's going on in your life?

You tilted her head a little, feeling a bit self-conscious. Did he really care or was he being polite? Maybe he cared, considering he was the one who had decided to talk to you...

-Well...I'm working full time in what I studied in. I've been working there for about two years now...
-Do you like it?
-I love it.

He smiled widely, making you drink some of your coffee.

-Do you mind me asking something, he said.

You shook your head. He leaned a bit on the side, looking a bit...sad?

-Did you leave our school? You kind of...disappeared right after the summer

...He had noticed? He seriously noticed you had left? And he actually remembered it? It happened years ago...literally. You simply shrugged, not really showing that you were a bit touched that someone had noticed you...especially him.

-I moved out of town. I changed school and all, following my parents. It...was planned months before the end of that year.

He nodded softly and looked like he wanted to add something, but a voice from behind the counter called out for Jungkook, which made him look a bit.

-Oh, my break is over.

He got up, pushing the chair back at it's place, then smiled to you.

-So...see you later?
-...Yeah, see you.

You had no idea if you would see him again, though you were pretty sure you would. Well, you were coming here often, but at the same time, he wasn't always working here. Plus, you weren't sure if it was a good idea. His presence was bringing back things you didn't want to remember. Not really the pain of that school you went to, it was more something personnal. Something you wanted far away from you, considering you were dating someone. Then again, stopping yourself from talking to someone friendly because of something like that was kind of mean...

You left not long after, leaving a little tip on the table. You simply hoped Jongkook would be the one to find it.

It took you a couple of weeks before going back to the coffee shop again. It wasn't that you didn't need your coffee, but there was a sudden rush at work which made you go between your office and your appartment. Your boyfriend was in a low in his own job, so he was starting to be a bit annoying at time. Though, you knew he was a bit sad that you couldn't spend time with him right now, but snapping at you about that was a bit too much. Everything had been resolve though, which was good.

You had big circles under your eyes when you finally went back to the coffee shop. Finally, the rush was over and you could take it slow. Sure, work was always busy, but you usually had time to at least go out. Now you could, and it made you happy. You went inside, got what you would usually take, even took one of those hard cookies to eat with it, and sat down at a table near the window to look at the life outside. You had your laptop opened again, wanting to get a few things done while being there. It was personnal stuff, like sending e-mails, checking your social networks and keep up with family matters.

It took you a little while, but you noticed Jongkook wasn't there that day. He was probably busy doing his own stuff...though it would have been nice to talk with him.

Once you were done with your coffee, and running out of time to go back to work, you closed your laptop, grabbed your stuff and went towards the door to leave. You felt someone touch your shoulder, which made you turn around. Somehow you thought it might be Jungkook, but when you noticed it was just another client telling you you had dropped your phone, you felt disapointed. Though...why would you feel that way? It's not like you were really friends, right? Anyway, you had to go now...

Maybe you should come back more often. Next time you'll see him, maybe ask him when he was usually working.

The next couple of days were pretty uneventful. Work, coffee, sleep and talks with your boyfriend.

You were going to the coffee shop almost everyday, like you used to do before the big rush at work. Maybe you were not going there at the right time, but it seemed like Jungkook wasn't there now...Did he quit his job? Maybe...He probably didn't want to work there for the rest of his life, so he started to look for something else, and you were simply unlucky enough to have been busy the time he was there...

That would be your kind of luck...

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

I know it took forever, and I know it's short...but I didn't want to continue with an idea I had right away. Things will get interesting soon~

Also, don't expect me to update very often for the next couple of weeks. If you didn't know, I'm a graduate and I've been looking for a full time job for a couple of months now. I had two interviews about two weeks ago (which is why I didn't update. I was stressed out) and got refused by both UNTIL I got a phonecall this morning from one of the two places telling me the guy they employed decided he didn't want to work there anymore. So basically, I am going to try out a day over there to see if I am what they are looking for, then if things go well, I'll have a job.

Thing is, it's like 4 hours away from my actual place, so I'll be gone for 3 days to work 1 day...and if I do get the job, I'll have to move out. So basically, maybe in two or three weeks, I'll be living on my own for the first time in my life in a town 4 hours from my parents' house. Once things are settled, I'll be in a better position to write more. Right now, I'm a stressed out wreck.