Moving out

Roommate

 Irene has a hard time letting someone go, especially if its her bestest friend, Kang Seulgi.

 “Do you really have to move out?” Irene asked with a frown.

 Seulgi sighed, dropping her luggage into the floor, “I know it’s hard, Joohyun-ah. But I have to.. The new place I’m moving at is closer to home and work, plus I’m living with Wendy!” Seulgi chirped, although she is sad she’ll be leaving her friend, “I promise to visit often, I swear!” Seulgi said and held out her pinky. Irene gave her a glare, “This girl can be really childish at time..” She thought but held out her pinky anyways and intertwined it with Seulgi’s.

 They hugged, bid their goodbye’s but before Seulgi left she told her some bad news. “Wendy has a friend and she needs a place to live, I said you’ll be more than glad to let her stay with you. She’s really nice and sweet, remember not to be too cold towards her. Love you! Oh and she’s moving in tomorrow or whener Wendy calls you. See you soon!” and left.

 Irene wasn’t a fan of making new friends, she found them extremely troublesome. She has some trust issues as well but now someone she doesn’t know is living with her and who knows what’ll happen? What if this girl she’ll be living with is a drug addict? What if the girl has a criminal record? And Irene’s thoughts when on and on, she really needed to get rid of her over-thinking habit.

 She then decided to clean up Seulgi’s room, still being considerate of the girl that’ll be moving in tomorrow or whenever Wendy calls Seulgi said. She then put all of her’s and Seulgi’s pictures in a box excluding the one when they were just 8 years old and locked the box so it’ll be safe. She made dinner for herself, took a long shower and put herself to sleep.

 “Tomorrow will sure be a long day..” Irene whispered to herself before going to dreamland.


 Irene’s phone rang loudly early in the morning. Irene was about to go to sleep when she remembered that her new roommate might be moving in today. Of course, Wendy being the early bird she is, it must be her. Thus this, Irene got up and answered her phone that’s been ringing for a while.

 “Sorry to keep you waiting, Wendy. So, what makes you call this morning, hm?” She asks the person in the other line.

 “I called to inform you that my friend will be moving in lunch time, her name is Sooyoung, Park Sooyoung.” Wendy replied, “I almost forgot, will you please and i’m begging right now, please pick her up from the airport?” Irene choked in air, well not really.

 “Airport? Wait what --” Irene asked but didn’t even bother continuing.

 “Sooyoung is my friend who lived in Japan for two years, she finally decided to go back to Korea and she doesn’t know anyone here other than me and some of her relatives.” Wendy replies with a sleepy voice.

 “Why do I have to pick her up from the airport then..” Irene mutters in a soft voice.

 Wendy chuckles, “Her relatives are busy, I’m busy and Seulgi wouldn’t do it for sure so.. you’re my last option, I guess.”

 “Will you do it.. please I’m begging you.” At this point Irene honestly just wanted to hang up.

 “Can she speak korean? Is she nice? What time does her plane land?” Irene asked, the person on the other line took it as a ‘yes’.

 “She speaks korean perfectly, she’s the nicest person you’ll probably ever meet and her plane lands in 3 hours.” Irene heard her smile, can you really hear someone smile? No, but she knew the girl well enough to know that she’s probably smiling like an idiot right now.

 “Alright, alright. You owe me lunch!” Irene playfully blurted out, causing Wendy to laugh.

 “Deal. Be good to her, alright? Her name is Park Sooyoung but she prefers being called Joy, I’ll text you the rest of the details. Anyways, ciao!” Then Wendy hung up before Irene could ever say her goodbye.


+ this needs to go through some editing but I'm really lazy right now.

So how's that for the first chapter? Hope you all enjoy it!