He's just a guy and you're just a girl. Perfect match!

Respect

Instead of the blare of her alarm clock the next morning, Jae woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. And ringing. And ringing.

She raised up,wiping at her blurry eyes then checked her clock.

"I'm late!" She yelled, fighting to untangle herself from her blanket that had wound it's way around her legs. "I'm so late, I'm going to get fired-"

Her phone rang again, this time she answered it breathlessly. "Hello?"

"You're late, Jae!" Her best friend screamed, obviously excited.

"I know, Eun Mi. Thank you for telling me." Jae snapped sarcastically, knowing she wouldn't take it offensively.

"You're welcome, Sunshine. I told instructor you had a family emergency so you couldn't make it today." Jae waited, knowing there was more to this than skipping practice. "And you need my help so let me in! I've been waiting out here for almost an hour!"

Glancing over at her window, Jae saw the reflexion of her friend's excited face. "And if I say no?" She teased, already walking towards the window.

"I'll smash your phone with a hammer." She replied innocently, leaving no doubt in Jae's mind that she would.

Jae unlatched the window and pushed it open so that Eun Mi could climb through and returned to her bed, her rush to get ready abandoned.

"So," Eun Mi began, perching at the foot of Jae's bed. "Guess what we're going to do today?"

"Sleep?" Jae deadpanned, already curled up under her blanket again.

Eun Mi rolled her eyes good naturedly and shook Jae's shoulders to keep her awake. "No, silly. We're going to peruse the city in search of an adventure."

"Have fun with that." Jae muttered, trying to keep her blanket away from Eun Mi's incessant tugging.

"What is that?" Eun Mi asked, staring excitedly down at Jae's leg.

Jae was confused. "Uh, my leg? Flesh and bone?"

Eun Mi shook her head, pressing her fingers against the light purple bruise on her friend's thigh. "Who should I kill? Was it someone from YG?"

Jae looked down to where her friend was rubbing and sighed. "Oh, that."

"Yeah, that! Why do you have a handprint on your body?" Eun Mi yelled, not sure if she should be upset or happy.

"My partner grabbed a little too hard during practice." Jae explained nonchalantly, just wanting to relax. "I was grinding wrong so he showed me how and when he pulled me closer he grabbed a little too hard."

Eun Mi laid down next to her friend, no longer worried, and smiled. "Was he cute?"

Jae smiled and opened one eye. "Gorgeous."

Eun Mi squealed excitedly. "Who was it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

"Just a guy, relax Eun Mi." Jae threw her leg across Eun Mi's hip, cuddling into her.

Eun Mi smiled and hugged Jae. "Do you like him, though?"

Jae thought for a while. "I don't know." She replied honestly. "Most of the time he's so mean to me, and so cold. But last night he was sweet. He offered to help me, even though he didn't have to, and he didn't insult me once."

"So you do like him." Eun Mi stated with a sly grin.

"Shush!" Jae smacked her arm lightly. "I do not. He's just a guy."

"And you're just a girl. Perfect match." Eun Mi stood up, adjusting her skirt as she moved. "C'mon, Jae. Get pretty so we can start our adventure."

Groaning, Jae stood up too and grabbed an outfit. "I'm probably going to regret this, aren't I?"

"It wouldn't be an adventure if you didn't!"