The First Day - 1

Cruising Along(Being Rewritten)
The cruise ship moved along at a medium speed with at least two thousand passengers and crew - most people were friendly and greeted each other when needed. It was a five day cruise to go to the Bahamas with two stops one being a tiny island where a ferry had to be taken and the other was Nassu where you were just able to get off the boat. It had been two hours since it departed from the shore and begun the travel out to sea, as people stood out on the decks to watch them head to the ocean and further away from land leaving only open water.

Mina stood towards the front of the ship as wind blew through her hair while practically smacking her in the face, too. She was a simple adult with having recently turned 20 and her younger brother and her father stood next to her on either side. This trip is a graduation present for her before she heads off to college and experiences new things in her life - although it was severely lacking with how anti social she tended to be - but she'll work on that; as social ability had improved over the years and especially in her senior year.

"You looking forward to enjoying the rest of the week?"Her father spoke loud over the blasting wind and a smile formed on Mina's lips with a nod.

"Of course, I look forward to all the relaxation I'll hopefully get and I might hit the gym a bit later too." She replied.

They hit the open ocean and Mina decided she was going to explore as they went separate ways. She didn't know there was a few celebrities on board although they were in the more expensive rooms on the ship - plus they were still settling in their rooms - and she begun to explore deck 9 without a thought in the world. The clubs interested her especially since there was a  one and decided to visit that club later at night, perhaps she will meet a few people to make friends with.

-

Mina resumed her task of exploring the ship until the arcade area caught her eye - her eyes lighting up in excitement as she rushed over to play a few games until she reached the daily limit of seventy-five dollars on the arcade - but she had some hello kitty lip balm and a night owl glow in the dark light. A sheepish look appeared, making a mental note to tell her dad sorry about it later on. Her exploring of the deck wasn't done yet but Mina headed to the elevator to where she could put her stuff up in her room, and begun rocking on her feet as the elevator doors begun to close.

A hand shot out before the doors could closed and Mina quickly pressed the open door button; a some what wide-eyed expression in surprise and a flushed feeling afterwards due to how she jumped when the guy came out of no where. A guy who was about 177cm in height entered the elevator and she studied him with interest - not quite realizing who it was but giving a nod of greeting - until gaze landed on the guy's light purple hair.

His lips were thick while his eyes were apart giving him a almost kind of fish look, hopefully she hadn't said that aloud, and he was noticeably Asian so she didn't bother trying to speak to him for she didn't know if he spoke Korean, Japanese, or Mandarin. Mina looked away before she got caught looking while the elevator begun to descend to floors that buttons were pressed; a some what relief sigh as he got off on deck 6 and her room was on deck 4 so it's unlikely she'll run into him too much unless they ran into each other on the same deck.

"Bye. Have a good day." He spoke while leaving the elevator. He didn't really have a accent - he really sounded like a normal or well mostly normal English speaker.

"Bye, you too!" She called out as doors closed and the elevator begun to descend again; only silence in the small space besides the music in the background. Mina idly thought that perhaps the cruise would be more interesting then expected.

Mina reached her room within three minutes with prizes from the arcade placed down on a desk of sorts; a light hum escaping with a mixture of lyrics appearing in her head from different songs, but at least it got her mind off things.

She went into the bathroom to fix her short brown hair where the front was shorter then the back  - the back covered the back of her neck and her hair parted in the front to give view to her widows peak - and it was frizzy but there wasn't much that could be done with it so she simply ran a brush through her hair; promptly leaving the room afterwards to head back to deck nine.

It seemed though today was 'let me shove my hand in before the doors closed' day and a guy came in who was about 177cm in height with short blonde hair, a slightly round face that made her push down the urge to squeeze his cheeks, a bright smile in greeting, and a lean somewhat pale body to go with it. Well, at least there were attractive people on the ship and maybe having a bit of eye candy wasn't such a bad thing.

She smiled at him greeting as the ascended to deck 9, with a couple stops in between to let others on the elevator, and just awkward silence with people avoiding looking at each other. She didn't see the guy roam his gaze over her body that was curvy and just a tad bit chubby, although not enough to say she was overweight, but decent looking without needing to be gorgeous. He quickly looked away when she looked up when elevator reached the floor where she wanted to be.Mina got off the elevator heading left around the circle part and to where the casino, clubs, and a few shops laid.

The guy hadn't gotten off the elevator and had simply watched her until she was out of sight - mostly because the doors closed - and thought of the fun he'll have on the cruise to the point he got lost in his thoughts forgetting to get off the elevator as it begun to descend to which ever floor with a button pressed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it isn't the best start in the world and there isn't much action in the first place, but this is going to be a slightly slow-paced story and I'm unsure how many chapters I'll end up with. There might be long chapters and there might be short chapters, but this chapter is sort of like a introduction of at least two three of the main characters. At some point I might switch povs - but I'm not great at writing first person so it'll likely be in 3rd person.

I don't have any banners of sorts and I might edit the description later to add pictures of the characters but for now it's blank. I might have fragments, run on sentences and a few spelling errors here and there - but I'm getting better I guess. I hope everyone will enjoy the slow start of the story! I'm a bit rusty as of late of writing stories and it takes me a while to get inspiration but anyway, thanks if you managed to read this!