Tao's Request

Call Me Hyung or Gege

            “You know, Hunie, I will do everything to make you call me hyung or gege,” Tao said as he looked at Sehun deeply. His face totally looked serious, but the younger laughed like crazy which made Tao confused. “Yah! Why are you laughing? What are you laughing at?” he grumbled.

            Sehun still laughed hardly as his eyes locked at Tao’s eyes. He could not believe what the older just said. “Is that so important to you?” he asked when he had stopped laughing. “Why should I call you hyung? You’re not a Korean. And why should I call you gege? I’m not a Chinesse.”

            “At least you call me in respect, Sehunie. I’m a year older than you anyway.”

            “I do. I always put ‘ssi’ after your name, didn’t you hear that when I called your name?”

            Tao face palmed in frustrated. He never expected that it would be hard to make Sehun called me Tao hyung or Tao gege. “Or maybe… would you call me Tao oppa?”

            Sehun could not help himself but laughed so hard after hearing Tao’s request. “Are you crazy or what? Hahaha… how could you… hahaha… I can’t even… hahahahaha… ugh, my stomach.” He hold his stomach which hurt because of his laughter. He tried to calm himself down then smiled broadly at Tao who looked pissed off. “I’m not a girl, ok? I can’t call you oppa,” he said.

            “Why, Sehun, why?” Tao screamed in frustrated and looked like he wanted to cry. “Why you don’t want to call me hyung or gege?”

            “What’s wrong with you, hyung?” asked Kai in sudden. He just entered the room to take some clothes of him in the closet. “Why are you here? It’s SeKai’s room.”

            “Well, I have some business with this one guy,” Tao answered and pointed his index finger at Sehun. “Did you hear that, Hunie? He called me hyung! Why don’t you?”

            “Because I don’t want to,” Sehun answered as he folded his arms on his chest.

            “Oh! You guys are arguing about hyung or gege issue?” asked Kai as he closed the closet after taking out his clothes. “Sehunie, you better approve Tao hyung’s request. He’s older than us. It won’t make you lost anything.”

            “Oh… you’re my favorite dongsaeng, Kai yah! I really love you! Thank you,” Tao almost cried hearing Kai’s word. He hugged the younger tightly.

            Kai chuckled in Tao’s arms. “I love you too, hyung,” he said.

            “Ok, I will call you whatever you want,” Sehun said after Kai left them. “But, you should act like one if you want me to do so. Agree?”

            Tao frowned in confused. “Act like one? Like an older brother?” he asked then nodded by Sehun in respond. “Yah! Are you kidding me? I always do that!”

            “Really?” Sehun shook his head in disagree then left Tao alone.

 

***

 

            “Come one, guys! We’ll be late if we don’t leave in five minutes,” Suho said in the doorway, ready to go to the dance studio. They had a dance practice, but some of them were so slow in getting ready.

            “Where are my hello kitty shoes?” asked Luhan as he looked under the chair. “Baekie yah, are you wearing my shoes?”

            “Why should I? I’m not!” Baekhyun shouted from his room. He was putting on his eyeliner as usual. He checked his appearance in front of the mirror after that and smiled happily. “Aw, I’m so fabulous! Thanks God for giving me this pretty face.”

            “Ugh! I’m feeling sick because of your words, Baekie yah,” Chanyeol acting like he wanted to puke. “Why are you always like that? Feeling like you’re the one and only fabulous guy in this world.”

            “Don’t be jealous, Yeol ah! I was born like this.”

            “What are you guys doing?!” asked Suho in angry when he arrived at BaekYeol’s room. “Come out now. We’re late!”

            “Hyung, tell him to stop bugging me!” asked Kyungsoo to Suho as he pointed at Tao who was about to cry. They were all in car when Suho came with BaekYeol.

            “What’s wrong with you, my baby?” asked Suho in a soft tone as he closed the door and told the driver to drive the car as fast as he could. “Did Kyungsoo do something bad at you?”

            “Wait, what? I didn’t!” Kyungsoo exclaimed in surprised. He could not believe Suho would be standing in Tao’s side. “He bugged me, hyung! If you don’t believe me, you can ask Sehunie.”

            Suho sighed heavily and massaged his forehead. He felt so dizzy as if his head would burst in pieces. “So, Hunie, what did Tao do to your hyung?” he asked Sehun who looked at his band-mates in uninterestedly.

            “I’ll tell you the truth, hyung,” Sehun said before answering Suho’s question. “What Kyungsoo hyung said was true. Tao-ssi did bug him. He asked him to buy some stupid candies at the store near our apartment. He said he would cry if he didn’t get any.”

            “Why didn’t you buy the candies, Kyungsoo yah? They won’t make you poor anyway,” asked Baekhyun.

            “The store is closed, but he insisted that it was opened,” answered Kyungsoo and looked at Tao who looked down at his shoes and started sniffing. Sometimes he could not understand Tao that much even though they were born in the same year. “I saw it by myself, Tao yah, before we got in the car because I was about to buy chips at there too,” he explained. “Why are you making me like this? You make me feel so sorry at you now, but this is even not my fault! Hyung, please, say something to cheer him up!”

            Suho turned his face to look at Tao, who sat behind him, then caressed his hand. “It’s okay, my baby. I will buy some candies for you,” he said.

            Tao lifted up his face in sudden. Suho could see the tears on his cheeks but he no longer cried anymore. His eyes were sparkling when he heard the leader’s promise. “Really?”

            Suho nodded in respond as he smiled broadly at Tao.

            Sehun looked at Tao who smiled like a five-year-old kid at Suho, judging. How could I call you hyung if you stay be like that, Tao-ssi?

 

***

 

            The choreographer was a strict person. He did not want to be pissed off by those twelve boys and neither the boys, so the dance practice went well as usual. Tao remembered Suho about his promise at the break time. The older nodded in respond then both of them left the room.

            “Where are you going?” asked Sehun who just came out of the toilet.

            “We’re going to buy candies,” answered Tao happily.

            “You want to go too, Hunie?” asked Suho.

            Sehun was silent for a moment then nodded. He wanted to buy bubble tea in the same store. They walked side by side with Suho in the center. Tao was busy talking about stuff to the leader who laughed at anything that Tao had said while Sehun judging SuTao in uninterestedly. Is this an AB’s conversation? Am I invisible or what? Whatever!

            Tao chose the candies passionately when they had arrived in the store while Sehun bought the bubble tea casually. Suho just nodded in agree when Tao wanted to buy two bags of candies for himself.

            “Just choose what you want to buy. I’ll pay,” Suho said. “I’ll pay your bubble tea also, Hunie.”

            “No, thanks, hyung. I still have cash in my pocket,” Sehun refused. After getting all they needed, they left the store with Sehun walked before Suho and Tao while drinking his bubble tea. Nice weather! It’s a good summer, he thought as he looked above the sky which was so clear. He was ready to cross the road, but the two guys were not in his side, so he turned his face to see them behind. “Why are you so slow? Hurry,” he said.

            “Ugh, oh… yes,” said Tao with his hands full with the bags of candies.

            Suho was busy helping the younger. “Why didn’t you need some plastic to bring them up, my baby? Let me take some.”

            Sehun was enough waiting them. He decided to go to the dance studio alone, leaving Suho and Tao. He crossed the road confidently. He was sure there was no car or anything, but he was wrong. A car suddenly moved like a storm and almost hit him before someone pulled him out of the road with all of his strength.

            Sehun blinked in confused. He lay on the ground with someone on him. He did not grab his bubble tea anymore. It was fallen when someone tried to save him. He could not move because he was still shocked with what had happened.

            “Gosh! Hunie, are you ok? Oh, my God!” Suho came and checked Sehun’s condition. He sighed in relief when the younger nodded in respond. “Tao yah, are you okay?”

            Wait! Did he say Tao? Sehun looked at someone who still hugged him tightly as if he did not want to let him go. Suho was right. It was Tao, who had saved him from the unwanted accident.

            Suho shook Tao’s body because he did not answer his question and did not even move. “Tao yah, please, say a word! Don’t make me worry,” he said.

            “Sehunie…” Tao said weakly. He could not open his eyes because he felt so weak to lift them up. He did not know that Sehun was all-right since he did not hear a word from him. His heart beat crazily because of what he had done. He never expected that he could give his soul to save the younger. “Hyung…” He could not continue his words because he was already unconscious after that.

 

***

 

            The dance practice was over early because of Tao’s unconsciousness. Suho, Kris, and Kyungsoo were heading to the nearest hospital while the rest taking care of Sehun, whose back hurt because he had fallen on the ground. They were home by five p.m.. Their face looked so worry seeing the unconscious Tao.

            “He will be okay, won’t he?” asked Chen to Suho in Tao’s room.

            “He will be,” Suho answered with his worried face. “Doctor said so. He was just shocked.”

            “And how about his arms?” asked Lay as he pointed at Tao’s bandaged arms. “They hurt so badly!”

            “They’ll be okay also.”

            “When will he wake up?” Xiumin asked after swallowing the chips. “It’s been two hours since he’s unconscious.”

            Suho shook his head in respond. He felt so tired. “I hope he will wake up soon. Now, let’s leave him alone. We shouldn’t make some noise when someone’s sleeping right?”

            Chen, Xiumin, and Lay nodded. They left the room before Suho.

            “Sehunie, come on, let him alone for a while,” said Suho to Sehun who did not make move from his chair. The younger was locking his eyes on Tao. He did not even respond Suho’s command. “Hunie yah…”

            “I want to stay here, hyung.” Finally, Sehun opened his mouth. He avoided to look at Suho because of his eyes were teary. He did not want the older to see him like that. “Just leave us alone. I promise I won’t make any noise.”

            Sehun could not hold his feeling anymore when Suho already left them and closed the door. He was crying like a baby. He sniffed when he thought his cry would disturb Tao. Sehun felt so sorry for being rude at the older. He never meant to do that. Now, he wanted to do everything to make Tao woke up.

            You know, Hunie, I will do everything to make you call me hyung or gege…

            Tao’s words were coming into Sehun’s mind in sudden. He grabbed Tao’s hand tightly when he already stopped crying in hope he would wake up soon. He was wrong about the older and was blinded by his childish attitude. Tao should not act like an ordinary older brother because he was an extraordinary older brother who had sacrificed himself for him.

             “Tao-ssi… it’s me, Sehunie…” Sehun whispered at Tao’s ear weakly. “You hear me, don’t you? It’s me, Sehunie…” He started sobbing since Tao did not respond at his words. “Tao hyung…” Finally, a word that always wanted to hear by Tao came out of his lips. Unfortunately, the older was still unconscious. “I’m so sorry, okay? I was… I was wrong about you, hyung. I was totally wrong about you.” Sehun kept on whispering anything at Tao’s ears until he fell asleep next to him.

 

***

 

            Tao eyes looked at Suho when he had conscious from his deep sleep. He smiled a bit at him who looked at the younger happily. “It’s good to see you wake up like this, my baby,” Suho said as he pinched Tao’s cheek lightly.

            Tao chuckled in respond. “I’m thirsty…” he said weakly.

            “Oh, wait…” Suho took a glass of water from the desk next to Tao’s bed and put a straw in it. “Here you go. Drink slowly…”

            Tao just realized that his hand was grabbed by someone when he was about to move it. He found Sehun who was still sleeping next to him. He pulled his hands quietly from him then took the glass from Suho. “Since when he’s in here?” he asked after drinking a bit of the water.

            “It’s been an hour and a half I think. He worried about you that much,” Suho answered. “I never saw him like this to you.”

            “Really?” Tao asked in surprised then gave the glass back to Suho. Suddenly, he remembered something important. “Hyung! Where are my candies?”

            Suho eyes widened in shocked. He could not believe Tao still remembered about the candies when he was just awake from his deep sleep. “You know, I was so panicked about your condition, so… I accidentally threw them away…” He felt so sorry to admit it. “I’ll buy them again for you. Promise!” he said when he saw Tao’s eyes were teary, ready to cry.

            “I want them now…” Tao said.

            “Alright, I’ll buy them now. I’ll tell the others to take care of you when I’m not here. Be a good boy, my baby!” Suho left the room after giving a kiss on Tao’s cheek.

            Tao shook Sehun’s head, waking him up. He could see the swollen eyes of him when the younger had woken up, but he did not have any interest in that. “Why were you sleeping here?” he asked.

            Sehun could not believe his vision and his hearing. He hugged Tao happily and almost cried. “Finally, you’re awake!” he exclaimed as he tighten his hug.

            “Yes, I am. Ugh! Are you trying to break my back or what? It hurts.”

            “Oh! Sorry.” Sehun let go of him then looked at Tao shyly. “Umm… thank you for saving me, hyung,” he said as he looked down at his feet.

            “Never… what? Wait! Did you just call me hyung?” Tao’s eyes rounded in surprised. He still could not believe his hearing even though Sehun nodded in respond. “Wow! Finally… you know, it’s like a miracle,” he chuckled.

            “Yeah, I still can’t believe I could call you hyung either,” Sehun chuckled. “I was always bad at you, hyung, and I’m sorry about that. I promise I’ll be a good dongsaeng from now on.”

            “Woah, woah… you don’t sound like Oh Sehun at all. Easy, okay?” said Tao. “Just be yourself. I’ll be okay. I didn’t think about hyung or gege issue anymore since the dance practice. You were right. I can’t force you to call me hyung or gege if I can’t act like one.”

            “Nah! You’ve just showed me this afternoon,” said Sehun. “You sacrificed yourself for me. That made me thought that you deserved to be called hyung. You’re the best!”

            Tao could not hold up his feeling. He was already tearing up without his knowledge. Sehun helped him to wipe the tears and it made Tao chuckled. “I can do it by myself,” he said as he took the tissue from Sehun.

 

***

how was the story?

is this too long or not?

thank you for reading and please forgive my typo and grammatical error(s) ^^;

feel free to comment!

subscribe and upvote will be loved :D