Chapter II

Just Being Lucky

I am spending my time with nothing. My parents give me a break before I started to find a job. I am quite rebellious to my parents, they want me to working in some oil company because the money, hell money in the oil company is so big. I want to working in some events organizer agency or magazine or radio, doing some managements mix arts work. My parents can’t do anything except to accept what I want.

Time is really slow, I just click on my TV remote control randomly from one channel to another without put too much attention to it. And it stop to one local channel which playing the promotional video of Infinite who will come to Indonesia this weekend.

“The hell is this.. why I don’t know about this??”

I am walking lazily to my room reach for my laptop and searching for the ticket and it’s sold out. Oh no luck as always. I come back lazily to my sofa and watching a random drama.

It just the usual me being unlucky every time. No worries.

But this sold out ticket bother me a lot. I open up the website once more and read the agency which organize this events and also some media partner. Ah gotcha! My good friends working in this agency and I know some people in the media partner, they might can give me a free ticket. When I am about to contact them, my cellphone is vibrating.

>> Diendra is calling <<

Oh well, that’s my girl, just in time.

“Niaaaaaaaaaa darling~,” oh this girl still noisy..

“What’s all the darling things about? It doesn’t sounds like you tho,” Yes, this Diendra is my very good friends from elementary school. We went to the same elementary and middle school, but even though we went to the different high school and university, but we still close like a sister. She is very tomboyish so, what’s with all the “darling” things about?

“You want something from me, huh?,” I am asking her directly cause I know her so much.

“That’s why I love you the most in the world, you know what, I just give you a freelance job, so thank me later okay? I just assign you as the translator for my company next event. Oh the event is on this weekend by the way. You free right? Yeah I know you are free, since you don’t have a boyfriend or a job so you must be free.” Oh okay, I open my mouth and close it and open it again and close it, since this stubborn girl don’ give me a time to interrupt her from her long speech.

“Me what??”

“Translator, sweetheart. Translating from Korean to English or to Indonesian whatever you want and translating it once again from Indonesian or English to Korean, you know it right??” Wait a minute, Korean????

 

“WHAT?? What the hell En…” Okay this is very frustrating me. This girl with her i-know-you things.

“Please help me, the original translator for this event fall sick this morning and hospitalize, we don’t have any back up. C’mon, I know you since we are in elementary school and I know you just come back from Korea and jobless, please help me..”

“Who I’ll be work with?” I am surrender, this girl sounds hopeless.

“Infinite”

“WHO?!”

“Infinite, you know them right? I know you know them, you are a KPOP fans right?!”

Infinite?? Oh yes stupid, the agency is arranging Infinite concert this weekend, why am I surprise. I will ask her for a ticket earlier. But translator? No, I can’t do this. Deindra or En still mumbling everything in the other line, no, I can’t.

“Diendra, En, shut up for a moment will you?” She silent immediately cause she know from my tone that I am not okay with this. “As much as I love you, I don’t think I can do this. I have my own reason and I know that you don’t want to listen to it.”

“……”

“En, you still there?,” Why this girl is keep silent suddenly??

“Nia, I will do anything for you after this I am promise you. Please only this time, please please I am begging you, please. I already put your name, I can’t take it back, they will fire me, please please, you are my only hope, please,” She is begging me, desperately. What can I do? What can I do?

“Haaaah, only this time En, you disturbing my life only this time, deal? If something bad happen to me, it’s because of you. Okay?”

“I AM FREAKING LOVE YOU BABEEEEEEEE, NIA IS THE BEST BEST FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!”

“NOISY”

Then I ended the phone call and lay down on the sofa.

Nia, what are you doing….

 

....

 

New chapter, yuhuuuu~
Thank you for you who are reading my story :")