1

Tell me

N: I'll be using their real names in here.


                                                    


"Byungjoo-ah!" Hansol called the fifth time.

"Aish, Yah, Kim Hansol, instead of sitting here maybe you can get your freaking off the ground and find him." Yooncheol called, ending the sentence with grinted teeth.

"Yea, Yea, Yea." Hansol said while rising lazily, "Where can he be hiding now?" he wandered out loud with a pout. After thinking for a few minutes, he quickly headed towards his first destination, the practice room.

Knock Knock

"Byung-" Oh.

"Annyeong hyung!" Sanggyun chirped happily, Sangwon quickly following along,

"Have you seen Joo?" the other asked as he watched his dongsaengs wipe their sweat off of their shiny forehead.

"I think he walked off in that direction." Sangwon suggested as he pointed towards the left, which happened to be where his next destination was, the vocal room.

"Aigoo, kyeopta." Hansol cooed as he proceeded to pinch both of their cheeks, earning whines and complaints. Ignoring their protests he headed out towards the hall, not forgetting to send them both a cheeky smile, "Don't strain yourselves okay? I'll buy you guys a meal later okay?"

With that he left the practice room and started towards left, "Byungjoo-ah, Ba-Ba-Byungjoo." he hummed quietly to himself, giggling softly at his silliness. Finally he arrived at the vocal room and went in right away,

"Have you seen-" he cut himself off as he was met with darkness,but this was strange because someone was always in here. He frowned and scanned the room quickly, he was ready to turn around and walk away when suddenly his eyes catched something in the corner.

Bingo

"BYUNGJOO-AH!"

 


 

Byungjoo wiped his eyes furiously as he heard footsteps near, his breath hitched as the door swung open, a familiar voice following,

"Have you seen-"

His body physically tensed as Hansol stopped halfway. He can practically feel the other's eye roaming the room, searching for one thing, and one thing only, him. And it seems as it had worked because the next thing he knew, Hansol was screaming his name.

"BYUNGJOO-AH!"

His body had seemed to move on his own, because at the moment, his mind was still blurry. He wasn't very certain as to how he could've known the other was a moment away from switching on the lights, but I guess his brain just functions differently then the rest of his body.

"NO!" he exclaimed, his voice cracking a little. His eyes focused on the figure near the door and noticed how he jumped slightly by the sudden outburst.

"D-Don't switch on the lights." Byungjoo added quickly, trying to keep his tone as smooth as possible, but not everyhting goes as planned.

"Joo? Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" Hansol asked, immediately noticing somehting's wrong and took a step closer with open arms. In result, Byungjoo took a step back, making him collide with the wall behind him.

"Perfect. I'l come out in a bit." he turned around and kneeled down, rummaging through his bag, making himself look busy.

"Oh, Okay." came his reply.

Although Byungjoo couldn't help but cringe a little at his friend's tone, he continued to pretend he was busy until the other walked away.

At the sound the door being shut, h collasped right away, holding his head with his arms, sighing heavily.

 


 

"Guys, did something happen to Byungjoo?" Hansol asked the members who were in the snack shack (A.K.A 'heaven' as they call it)

"What? I thought you would be the first to know, you are his best friend after all." Hyosang replied as he continued to munch on his chips.

"You're probably overthinking as always, Hansol-ah. Don't worry too much." Hojoon chimed in, shoving some sweet potatoe chips in his mouth while passing by.

"But I saw him in the vocal room, alone."

"So?" Sangwon asked, he had entered the scene a while ago, along with Sanggyun.

"In the dark..." he continued. Silent oh's were going around the room. Being the leader, Sehyuk spoke up first. "Since you seem to be the closest to him, I think you should talk to him first."

"But-"

"O-Oh, everyone's here." Byungjoo called by the door, making everyone turn their heads towards his direction. He glanced around room nervously, "W-What, is there something on my face? Why are you all staring at me like that?" he said, slowly reaching up to touch his face.

"Hyung, why are your eyes-"

"Nothing! We were just admiring your beauty." Hansol laughed, swinging his arm around the younger's shoulder, not noticing how the other tensed up under his touch.

'Don't do this, please.' Byungjoo thought.

"Let's go play!" Hansol exclaimed, dragging Byungjoo out the door, also successfully easing the tension in the air. He quickly turned his head around and sent a worried glance towards their leader, who replied with a 'fighting' gesture, some what helping Hansol's nervous state.

 


 

Hansol couldn't bear the silence anymore, so he took the iniative to start the conversation.

"How's it been, my favorite dongsaeng? You're not too tired right?" He asked, intertwinning their fingers together, something he had grown to do since the start of their friendship. So he would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised when Byungjoo slowly pulled his hand back without a single word.

'Stop it, stop doing this to me.'

 

"What's wrong Joo-ah?" again, he attempted to hold the other's hand but this time it wasn't just a 'slip away' thing. It was a 'whole body move away' thing.

"Don't do that." Byungjoo paused a moment before quickly adding,"Don't call me- Joo -either." His own tongue seemed to get stuck as he spoke.

"Oh..."

'No, No, touch me all you want, hug me, spoil me.'

Byungjoo looked up, and immediately regret it. The look on Hansol's face wasn't disappointment, not anger, not worry, not sorry, but hurt. And Byungjoo honestly haven't seen that in a while, he can't help but admit, it to be the one that had made him feel this way ever since... Forever. Not knowing what to do with himself anymore, Byungjoo turned around and ran, leaving Hansol alone.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry.'

 

 



 

 

"Byungjoo, where's Hansol?" Hyunho asked, raising his head when the bedroom door was slammed shut. He sighed before continuing his reading, silently gesturing Jiho towards where Byungjoo left.

"Why me?" Jiho complaint, kicking his legs in frustration.

"If you don't fix everything by the time Taeyang and Sehyuk comes back, I'll make sure you end up sleeping with an empty stomach."

In a flash, Jiho was up and out of his seat, heading towards his shared bedroom with Byungjoo.

"Hmph, he's basically threatening to starve me. I can call the cops." Jiho whispered under his breath before entering his room.

He approached the other with aegyo, "Byungjoo-ah, why're you angry at Hansollie hyung?" he cooed, resting his head on the other's shoulder. Pouting when the other simply pushed him away and crawled under the covers.

"Oh come on, Byung, be a little mature. What did Hansol do this time?" Jiho asked seriously, his patience level slowly growing thin. At first Byungjoo didn't say anything but then he opened his mouth, "N-Nothing." groaning at his own pointless answer.

"Then why on earth are you angry at him?" Although they both heard something outside, they didn't bother, both of them were too captivated.

"How do you know I'm angry, what if this has nothing related to Hansol?"

"Don't give me crap Byungjoo, what happened?" By now Jiho was more then angry at Byungjoo, his hyung was always taking care of him, but how did his friend repay him? By getting mad at him? He didn't understand it at all.

"You don't get it Jiho!" Byungjoo yelled as he finally revealed himself from underneath.

"Yes, I don't get it! SO TELL ME UNTIL I GET IT!"

"FINE! YOU WANT AN EXPLANATION?" Byungjoo was sproating out words now, not meaning half of the things he's saying.

"I HATE HIM! THAT'S WHAT!" Somehow along the way, Byungjoo had gathered tears behind his eyelashes, and they were very close to falling.

Silence filled the room and Jiho stood there, mouth agape. "W-What?"

Although Jiho wasn't completely sure as to why he was so angry, he was more shocked then angry now.

They stared at eachother a little longer before Byungjoo ran for the door.

 


 

"H-Hansollie, listen to hyung, I don't think you want to listen." Hyunho desperately tried to hold Hansol back from going in but it was too late. Hansol was leaning on the door already, trying to listen to what they're saying.

"How do you know I'm angry, what if this has nothing related to Hansol?" He could immediately differentiate the voice as Byungjoo.

'He's mad at me?'

"Don't give me crap Byungjoo, what happened?" This was definitely Jiho's. He closed his eyes and pressed his whole body against the door, hoping to catch every word. But what he didn't expect was to hear Byungjoo raise his voice.

"You don't get it!"

"Yes I don't get it! SO TELL ME UNTIL I  DO GET IT!" His eyes shot open in alarm,

'this was bad, his two dongsaengs were fighting because of me.'

"FINE! YOU WANT AN EXPLANATION?" yelled Byungjoo on the other side, tears were already prickling at Hansol's eyes, refusing to drop. It was quiet before Byungjoo finally dropped the bomb, making Hansol freeze, physically and mentally.

"I HATE HIM! THAT'S WHAT!"

His eyes had seemed to lose focus and he felt as though someone threw a punch in his face. He was now shaking uncontrollably when suddenly the door swung open and there stood Byungjoo.

They stared at eachother through teary eyes, unable to look away.

Silently Hansol was asking over and over again as his tears finally rolled down his cheeks,

"You hate me." It was more of a statement then a question.

'No, No, NO! This isn't how it's supposed to be!" Byungjoo thought over and over again, silently screaming denial, but he had seemed to go mute, because there where no words coming out of his mouth. His throat formed a lump and he was unable to speak past it, instead he reached forward with his shaking arms.

But Hansol stumbled backwards, tripping over his own feet, sobbing even harder, taking one last look at the younger before bolting out of the house.

 

 

He didn't know where he was going, but all he knew was he had to leave and think. When he had stopped and gasped for breath, he found himself in a park near their dorm, which meant they could probably find him, if they tried.

But he didn't care, his legs had gone weak and his tears fell continuiously. He sat under a willow tree and burried his head in his legs, crying even harder. He didn't know why he was crying so hard. Maybe because he reminced of the trainee days where they would practice dancing together, or when in the car they would be the ones to crack jokes and give energy to their tired hyungs, or maybe just those times where they sat beside eachother in silence, simply enjoying eachother's presense. Was it all a one-sided thing? Has Byungjoo really never considered him as a friend? His tears had finally subsided but he was still letting out choked hiccups, breathing still un-even, wheezing once in a while. Suddenly the sky roared and rain poured down in an instant.

'Just my luck' Hansol thought.

It was like one of those typical korean dramas, where the girl runs off in the rain after the boy broke up with her.

Hansol started to laugh, (tried to) he was just waiting for his saviour to come with an umbrella.As if on cue, he heard his name being called in the distance. When he raised his head he spotted two figures running towards his direction, when they were just a few meters away, he immediately recognized his friends, Hojoon and Jiho.

"Hyung!" Jiho yelled, sprinting over the field, Hojoon on his heels, both without umbrellas.

"Come on, let's not sit around in this kind of weather." Hojoon said as he pulled him to his feet. Hojoon on his left, Jiho on his right, both wrapping their arms around his waist and they made a dash for the nearest store, which happened to be a coffee shop. (There are honestly too many coffee shops in Korea)

The three of them sat down and started to wipe themselves with napkins that were given when they came running in. After a short while Jiho went to get three latte's. While Hoyoon stayed back with Hansol.

As Hojoon continued to wipe the rain off of his face, he spoke, "Why'd you run of suddenly like that?" All Hansol did was give him an apologetic look.  "Jiho ran after you right away, you're lucky I'm here because Jiho doesn't think before he acts. Who know's what could happen to that boy out there in the rain by himself?" he continued, scolding the other in a not-so-mad way.

"Here's you coffee." Jiho said as he sat down.

Hansol was quietly drinking his coffee when suddenly, Jiho reached forward and  Hansol's hair, smiling warmly when the elder looked up in confusion. Hansol simply shrugged and continued to sip his coffee while Jiho continuiously ran his fingers through the other's hair, both of them not noticing how uncomfortable Hojoon was. He was staring at Jiho's moving hand, going in and out of Hansol's greyish brownish hair.

'It must feel nice to be treated like that.' Hojoon thought, contemplataing whether he should say it out loud or not. In the end he decided to not, he would only make things awkward.

"Is there something wrong hyung?" Jiho asked, shaking the other out of his trace. Hojoon shook his head and brought his cup up to his mouth.

He felt something shift on his lap, and when he looked down, he then realized Jiho was not longer caressing Hansol's hair, instead it was resting comfortably on his thigh. He suddenly grew stiff and gulped down his coffee forcefully.

"Are you sure you're okay?" It was the first time Hansol had said anything since they met, and Hojoon was glad he still cared for him.

"Neh, don't worry about hyung. Just take care of you self okay?" he replied, reaching over to ruffle the other's hair, then doing the same to Jiho.

"You too."

Take really good care of yourself Jiho-ah

 


About half an hour before all the chaos happened.

Hojoon came back from his schedule and thought to himself, 'It seemed like it's going to rain soon.I should tell the members that are going to head out later.'

 As he was nearing his dorm he can hear someone yelling inside. 'What kind fo game are they playing now?' he thought, rolling his eyes.

Suddenly the door burst open, making Hojoon jump in surprise. 'Are they playing tag or something?'

It wasn't until he noticed the familiar young member, Hansol. Except now he had tears rolling down his cheeks. Hojoon started at the retreating back, mind not quiet processing what was happening.

'Hansol's crying? Kim Hansol?'

When the thought finally got through his mouth fell agape and his eyes bulged, turning around to run into the dorm. It probably wasn't a very good idea because next thing he knew, he had ran into Jiho who wore a very see through white t-shirt.

"Sorry hyung!" Jiho apologized, pulling the other up quickly before running towards the exit, screaming, "HANSOL!"

Hojoon blinked in confusion as he rubbed his soar . "Go after him!" Hyunho screamed from inside, without a second thought, Hojoon started towards the exit, following the vanishing two. Taking a double take, he ran back inside to grab two sweaters, remembering how it seemed like it was going to rain.

 

 

"JIHO!" Hojoon yelled catching the younger's attention.

"Hyung! What are you doing here?"

"Obviously saving your !" he exclaimed and threw a jacket towards his direction which he caught cooly.

"Why did you give this to me? And why-"

On cue, the sky roared and rain poured from above.

"And that is why." Hojoon replied.

"Hurry! We have to go find Hansol before he gets sick!" Jiho took a hold of the elder's hand before starting to run again. Only stopping a short while after as he felt a tug on his hand.

'You're running for Hansol?' he almost said out loud, instead he somehow managed to choke out.

"W-What happened to Hansol?"

After contemplating whether he should tell him or run for Hansol, he stopped and thought.

"Long story short, Byungjoo said he hated Hansol. And Hansol may or may not have heard."

Ignoring Hojoon's gigantic jaw drop, he began to run again, tugging Hojoon along.

 


 

Byungjoo stared at himself through the mirror,

'Were my eyes red all along?'

He thought back to the time when he was talking with the other members, was that why Sangwon said something about my eyes-

Oh.

He frowned and splashed his face with water again.

'D-Did they know I was crying? Did Hansol know?'

He then remembered,

 

"Hyung, why are your eyes-"

"Nothing! We were just admiring your beauty." Hansol laughed

 

'He was trying to cover up for me!'

He realized, letting out a strangled noise before banging his head again the mirror.

How can he be so stupid and selfish,

how could he do this to Hansol?