Final.

Our Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~

It was an autumn’s day during Myungsoo’s last year of high school when he noticed the new boy sitting at the back of the classroom. He had short brown hair, a pointy jaw and purple headphones on his ears. He was simply ignoring his surrounding presence, not bothering to acknowledge the environment around him.

Myungsoo noticed the way he stared out the window, not focusing anything specific, just using it as a way to escape. Escape with his thoughts.

“Lee Howon.”

Lee Howon didn’t look up. He still had his headphones around his ears.

The teacher only sighed and went to the next name on the list.

~

Myungsoo became curious and watched. He did feel somewhat like a creepy stalker, but he balanced the creepiness out with his genuine interest.

Lee Howon was a curious, enthralling character. He avoided speaking to people, not that many tried to approach him but when they did they never got much from Howon. He would grab lunch from the canteen and then sit by the tree outside facing away from the building. He packed up his bag by the locker and the headed home turning the opposite direction from Myungsoo. He carried on his daily routine, all while his purple headphones situated on his ears.

“Why don’t you just go and speak to him?”

Sungyeol, Myungsoo’s best friend, told him while munching on a two-dollar cookie from the charity sale.

Why didn’t Myungsoo try to introduce himself to Howon? Perhaps even strike a friendship. Simply because no one else did. No one else had succeeded in doing so.

And Myungsoo was afraid of failure.

~

One day Myungsoo was paired up with Howon during sport class. Myungsoo was kind of stunned to the spot and only came back to his senses when Howon threw the ball to him- which resulted in a bleeding nose on Myungsoo’s part.

Howon had rushed over to the boy on the ground while clutching his bloody nose and helped him back to his feet. They were both instructed to go the first aid room.

“I’m sorry.”

It was the first time Myungsoo had ever heard Howon speak.

And Myungsoo thought Howon’s voice was nice.

“I thought you were looking at me so I threw the ball to you,” Howon scratched the back of his head sheepishly. Myungsoo didn’t notice before but Howon’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter