Dreamer

Nightmare

You shoot awake with a start and immediately notice the river of tears that were already trailing down your cheeks from both corners of your eyes. Cold sweat had gathered at your hair line and the back of your neck as your heart continued to clench in pain from the lingering memories of your worst fear.

Frightened yet slightly disoriented, your eyes scanned the room, frantically searching for the only person who could both cause but also relieve the pain and fear bubbling up from within you.

"O-Oppa..." Your dry throat croaked as soon as you found him in the corner of the bedroom, relaxed and legs crossed in his favorite leather chair with a dim light surrounding him. Just where you had left him before you went to sleep.

His striking eyes appear from over the top of his open book as you pushed yourself up into a sitting position on shaky arms. They lock with yours before widening in surprise at your current distressed state. In one swift and fluid motion, he placed down his book on the armrest and moved across the room towards you, settling himself next to you on the bed before wrapping his long arms around your chilled body.

"Baby... what's wrong? What happened?" He whispers softly while leaning his head close to yours as his hot breath waved over your tear-stained cheeks. You watch as he takes your clenched fist that was still gripping onto the blanket and gently massages it open, urging it to relax just like your aching heart. Your eyes were in a daze while watching his thumb massage your sweaty palm as you force yourself to realize that this was in fact real life.

"I had a bad dream..." You push the words out and try not to let out the sob that came with it. But more tears fell from the edge of your eyes yet his fingers moved quickly, brushing them away before they could even make it past your nose. He remains silent as he does this but soon lets out a knowing but regretful sigh.

"What did he do now?" He asks, refusing to acknowledge that the man who continues to hurt you in your dreams is actually him. This hasn't been the first time you've dreamt of Seunghyun cheating on you, nor will it be the last. But it's strange, in real life Seunghyun does nothing to cause you any fear or doubt. You trusted him more than you've ever trusted another man before. And yet, these dreams still came to you at your must vulnerable state, thriving off of your insecurities and various heartbreaks in the past, so easily tearing apart your happier memories and replacing them with fear and doubt.

You shake your head, not wanting to relive the details of the nightmare that was burning itself into your mind, refusing to release you just yet. But you knew he wouldn't let this go, the only way to move forward was to face it head on. As if to encourage you, he places soft kisses at your temple while running his hand up and down your back, soothingly.

"Tell me, please?" He says but not before placing another kiss at the corner of your eye, "I want to hear what happened this time..."

You breath in shakily before releasing a long drawn out sigh, attempting to let your nerves out with it. Then, you started from the beginning. The first thing you remembered was that you saw him from afar, kissing some woman you didn't recognize, but you did notice all of the things she had that you were lacking. She was sophisticated, elegant looking, with long model-like legs, a small waist yet impressive curves in the front and the back. The image burned into your head as if you had actually seen it, as if it were so real you could touch them. Just thinking about it almost brought another round of tears to your eyes, but they were quickly subdued by the tightening of Seunghyun's hold around your shoulders and his featherlike kisses to your jawline.

The scene then jumped to you confronting him, yelling and crying as he stood there with his dress shirt wide open, revealing the love marks all over his toned torso, his pants hanging off his waist and still ed. But it wasn't the sight of his undress that tore you apart, but the remorseless and pleased smirk he had on his lips. You never thought you'd ever see Seunghyun look at you in such a way, so distant and unmoved. As if you were an ant on a sidewalk that he had just stepped on. It made your blood run cold.

"'Did you really think I'd be serious about a girl like you?'" You repeat the harsh words that were spat at you. His voice in your dream was so distorted that you almost couldn't recognize it as each word was dripping with bitterness and disgust towards you.

But it was Seunghyun's tightened hold around your shaking frame that pulled you out again, reminding you once more what was reality and what was just a figment of your inner demons wanting to drag you deeper into the dark.

"That's not true..." Seunghyun suddenly interjected, guilt clear in his voice as it choked him up. Even if it wasn't him who said these things, you knew it brought him terrible pain to even think that he'd say such things to you. "You mean everything to me..." He pulled you in tighter, more desperate, hoping you could feel his love from the pressure of his arms closing in around you, as if meant to protect you from anything and everything.

"I will never hurt you in such a way. No matter how many times you dream about it, I'm always going to be right here to hold you just like this..." He tilts his head and leaves a trail of long and tender kisses from just below your ear to the tip of your chin and curving upwards to the corner of your lips.

Slowly, your body began to warm up against him, soaking up all of the love and affection he was showering you. And with each kiss you graciously received wiped away a part of the nasty stain the nightmare had left until it finally all became a blur.

You felt a brush of his finger against you chin as he guides your face to turn towards him before immediately placing his lips against yours, reminding you how perfectly they felt against each other. Soon your eyelids fluttered to a close as your body hummed at the warmth seeping through your veins at the contact, replenishing you with life and love.

Even after the kiss had ended and he had released your lips, you had a hard time waking up from the feeling. You let it settle within yourself, comfort and soothe each part of your body until you were relaxed in his arms and sleep slowly started creeping it's way back in for the second time tonight.

Carefully, Seunghyun kept you wrapped in his arms as he laid both of you down on the bed. One arm pulled you inwards towards his chest as the other draped the blankets around you both, surrounding you with nothing but the smell of clean laundry and the spicy scent of his body wash, coaxing you even more to relax against him.

One final kiss was placed at the top of your head as he tucked you in closer, filling any possible gaps left between you two until there was none left.

"I wish you could look into my dreams..." He whispers with his mouth still against your hair. You let out a weak response that somehow translated into a 'why' as the gentle tug of drowsiness pulled you closer into unconsciousness. But you still managed to hear him answer.

"So you could see that you're the only one I dream about."

His simple words placed a smile on your lips as you fell into a dreamless sleep.