Frozen in Time

Frozen in Time

“You know that you can leave now, Son Sungah,” she murmured darkly as her finger pointed at the doorway. Nothing could be seen from her face except anger and  hatred. “I don’t want to see you anymore.”

The black haired girl nodded, tears soaked her pale face. Without any words, she left that room, left the brunette alone inside the darkness.

She didn’t watching how that girl turned her body and walked away, she closed her eyes tightly and reached for her watch from her blazer’s pocket, took a quick glance on it after heard a door slammed.

19.50 PM

 

----

 

In the middle of that suffocating dim room, certain brunette could be seen sitting silently in front of her broken tv. Her eyes glued at nothing, her body noticed nothing. She blinked a few times when flies flied cross her face, but she still didn’t move even a little bit.

She could hear water dripping down from her sink, but she still did nothing. She closed her eyes and enjoyed that sound, let it get into her heart. When suddenly that place became totally in silent, she opened her eyes again and glanced at her watch, 19.30 PM.

“It’s time for watching news..” she mumbled and turned the tv on. Within a minute, that tv screen became the strongest light inside that room, beside her green table lamp. Hugging her knees close to her chin, she leaned her back onto the bed and started focusing her eyes on the tv screen.

And she kept staring—not watching—at  the news presenter, observing his mouth movements, anything that got her interest, except the news itself. When she was about to get closer to the tv, suddenly the screen became dark along with a small exploding sound and silently she could hear water started dripping down again in the kitchen. Chuckled, she grabbed her phone and looked at the time.

19.50 PM

 

---

 

That brunette hummed happily in the kitchen as her hands busy stirring the crambled eggs in the fry pan. She added some salts and peppers into her cooking, cut some tomatos, and grabbed two plates from the counter.  After turn off the fire in her stove, she poured the eggs into the two plates carefully and decorated it with freshly cut tomatos.

“It’s a really nice dinner for two,” she giggled softly as she pulled a dining chair and flopped her there.

She kept giggling as she rest her head on the wooden table, eyes glued at the wall clock above her. 07.38 PM. Realized that it was too late for dinner, she grabbed her utensils and started eating her food silently, didn’t give any single damn to the other plate which placed on the other side of the table.

Once she’d done with her meals, she left the empty dishes on it place like before and she got up from her seat to get the other plate. As she came closer, she noticed that something happened with the untouched food. She picked up the plate and observed the food. It was rotten already.

Chuckled, she turned her head and looked at the clock on the wall.

07.50 PM

 

---

 

That brunette just sat alone in the park, gazed at the dark sky. The cold wind her body wildly, but she didn’t even bother to wear her jacket. The only thing she brought was just her pocket watch, as usual. The young woman was counting the stars when dark cloud appears and hid the stars.  After let a deep sigh escaped her nostrils, she leaned her back on the cold bench and pulled the watch out from her jeans pocket and opened it cover.

07.49 PM

She kept staring at that watch, enjoying the ticking sounds of that tiny needle.

07.50 PM

Suddenly, she felt something tapped her shoulder gently and she looked up in surprise just to found an old man smiled at her.

“Excuse me, young lady..” he smiled wider, ”But, what time is it?”

The brunette glanced at her watch and answered quickly, “07.48 PM, Sir..”

She looked up to the sky again and found that the dark cloud was gone.

And it was 07.45 PM.

 

---

 

And there she was, standing in the middle of that dark room with her hands inside her blazer’s pocket. She had her eyes closed, but deep inside her brain she could hear the sound of the water in the sink, she could she herself sitting down silently in front of that broken tv, she could look up and found the stars right above her head.

She could feel that old man standing behind her, doing a silly octopus dance before finally he tapped on her shoulder gently, asking for time. But right before she could answer it, a dark cloud suddenly flying right to her face and preventing her vision from her precious pocket watch. But within five seconds, the dark cloud disappeared and she could meet her magic pocket watch again.

The brunette opened her eyes and found her usual news presenter standing right before her eyes, holding a paper and read it loudly, she couldn’t understand what he said because it sounded like her tv’s exploding sound.

But she closed her eyes again, and slowly all the weird sounds disappear, even the old man also left her. Finally, all she could hear what was that news presenter read from his paper.

“Car accident on Myeongdong street, one victim. Died. A woman, initial S. S.”

“Died..” she bobbed her head absentmindedly and crossed her arms, kept listening to that news guy reading the line over and over again like a broken casette.

“Car accident on Myeongdong street, one victim. Died. A woman, initial S. S.”

“Kyungri?”

That voice.

“Kyungri?”

It called again. The brunette kept closing her eyes, seemed like tried to analyse the source of the familiar voice. Until suddenly, she noticed one sound that really familiar with her ears was missing. The ticking sound of her pocket watch. Excited over something that she didn’t really understand, she opened her eyes and grabbed her watch out of her pocket roughly. It was stopped there,

19.50 PM

Still with the same excitement, she turned her face toward the doorway and found her lover, standing there with a gentle smile plastered on her face.

“Sungah!!” she half-screamed, “Finally you came, Sungah! I’ve been waiting for you!”

Sungah chuckled and nodded, “Shall we go?”

Kyungri grinned like a happy little kid and threw her pocket watch—her treasure—to the floor, “Let’s go, Sungah.”

And it left there, no more ticking sound could be heard.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Oh god ._.

Please tell me what do you think about this, guys..

I know this is a failed postmodern fic, it’s my first time ;-;

Well, semi-postmodern if i could say xD