Backstage

Backstage

It’s not his and their first time, but still, it’s important day. Being part of SMTown Concert is always important for him and the member. Not only because they’ll perform with their labelmates, but also because they’ll perform in front of their labelmates and their fandom. It’s important because they don’t want to make their own fans shy of them, they want to make their fans proud of them.

SHINee doesn’t want to make SHINee World shy in front of other fandoms because of their lack performance. SHINee wants to make SHINee World proud of them since they can perform well –or even better than their labelmates. That’s why becomes part of this concert is important, as significant as their other stage performance.

And here is Onew, sitting on the couch in SHINee’s dressing room in backstage. Silently he watches s being dressed up by their stylist noonas. He bites his inner lips when the same thought across his mind for the nth times.

I won’t be able to greet SHINee World this time. I won’t be able to make them proud of SHINee, may be I’ll be the one who makes them shy of us, who should be blamed for SHINee’s lack performance tonight. SHINee World will…”

Onew is tugged back to the reality by a soft touch on his thigh. He looks at the owner of the hand. Jonghyun.

He smiles softly to the younger who sits right beside him. He didn’t notice Jonghyun moved from his chair in front of dressing table to his side.

Have you done with your make up?” Onew shows his tablet’s screen to Jonghyun.

“Stop blaming yourself hyung. It’s not your fault we can’t perform as 5 and you can’t greet SHINee World,” Jonghyun says instead of answer his leader’s question. “Don’t ‘I am okay’ me because I know you are not!” he adds when he sees the older start typing on his gadget.

Onew turns his head to Jonghyun, he looks at his boyfriend in the eyes. He can feel his gaze starts wavering  when he sees the concern and understanding look at those puppy eyes. And he is not able to hold his tears any more when Jonghyun takes him into his warm embrace. Onew’s face buries on his chest.

“You know SHINee World won’t ever blame you or be shy of us. They really know and love us. We are always be the best for them. And, besides, the 4 of us will do our best. Are you doubting our skills?” Jonghyun asks Onew jokingly and feels the said man shakes his head.

“I know what you feel and how your feeling is. But you can’t burden yourself. If you do, it’ll impede your recovery. Me, Taemin, Key, Minho and SHINee World will never want that to happen. We want to see you soon. SHINee World not only know your condition, but they understand it. They can bear your absent and wait patiently until you are really healthy.”

Onew can’t help but moisten Jonghyun’s yellow shirt for performance with his tears. He tightens his grip on Jonghyun’s front shirt.

“Hei hyung, Why don’t you just show up on to the stage and wave to SHINee World? They’ll be really happy to see your bright smile and cute eyes?” Jonghyun comes up with his idea.

Onew pulls himself from his lover, shaking his head in response. He takes his tablet and types. “It will turn out like I tease them. Then, the other fandom will think ‘what the heck is this old man doing? Only comes to the stage, smiles, and then leaves? My idols are sweating, dancing and singing, and here you are just smiling and back to backstage?’ Then, they’ll threaten SHINee World because of that. No, I don’t want it. Besides, I’ll just make SHINee World cry once I appear on the stage and smile to them. I don’t want to make them cry.

“They cry in happiness, hyung. They are so happy as they can see you to the point they can’t hold back their tears. Just come with us, I’ll talk to manager hyung to let you come to the stage,” Jonghyun is persistent.

Onew shakes his head. “Just go. It’s SHINee’s turn. Just tell them my condition and asks them not to worry about me. Go!! I will monitor you from here.”

“Bye, hyung,” comes a voice from Key.

“Come on Dino, we need you as our unwanted leader on the stage,” says Minho while dragging his hyung.

“Pray for me not to die on stage since Minho hyung and Jonghyun hyung surely will make fun of me and my debut,” Taemin hugs and whispers to Onew.

The older pats his back in consoling way.

-<3-

“Should we tell SHINee World about Onew hyung’s condition?” Jonghyun asks the other three members, teasing SHINee World.

SHINee World scream loudly hearing their leader’s name being mentioned on the stage.

“Onew hyung said don’t worry about him. Onew hyung is recovering fast. He wants to be on the stage too,” Taemin needs to stop in each sentence he said to make sure SHINee World get what he said as they shriek so loud every time he finished his sentence. “He wants to be on the stage soon. We will be back as 5 again next time.”

In this moment, Onew can’t hold his tears when he hears SHINee World screams so loud, louder than before when Taemin ended his last sentence. Though he is in waiting room, far from the stage, monitoring s and the stage condition from the video, he can hear SHINee World’s scream. He really wants to thank SHINee World one by one for understanding and waiting him.

An idea pops up in his head. Even though he can’t thank his fans one by one now, at least he can assure him that he is Okay.

He reaches his phone and logs in to his Twitter. He smiles when he read many tweets and mentions from SHINee World about him.

“Soon,” he writes and posts that tweet. Wishing that the Detective SHINee World will find out what his tweet means like usually.

Then, he hears knocks on the door. “Onew-yah, here is your chicken,” one of the coordi noonas comes in.

Onew puts his phone on the couch and stand up to get his chicken. After bowing as a ‘thank you’, he drops his body back on the couch. Unfortunately, he sits on his phone which is still in ‘mode on’.

When he fishes his phone, he widens his eyes as he sees another tweet is posted. Some numbers are seen in that ‘tweet by accident’.

At first, he wants to delete it. But he cancels his want because he wants to know what kind of interpretation SHINee World will make over his accidental tweet.

-<3-

“Hyung… you pour the fuel on the fire. You make a huge fuss with your tweets,” Jonghyun flop down on the couch, right next to Onew. The oldest gives him a bright smile that makes his eyes turn into beautiful crescent.

“I am happy that you are able to smile now. I am glad you gave me that beautiful smile again,” Jonghyun says softly and embrace Onew tightly, kissing the top of his head.

Onew returns the hug. After a while, he pulls out and starts typing. “I asked you to tell SHINee World my condition. Why did Taeminnie do that instead of you?

“Because I would say more than what Taeminnie said if I had to tell them. I would inform them that you were here, monitoring us and listening to their scream.”

Onew shakes his head hearing the reason.

“After all, Taemin needs to be reminded that he is still the maknae here. Though he has already made his solo carrier, he is and will always be our little maknae. So, he will still do his beloved hyungs want him to do,” Jonghyun grins widely.

“You are so mean, hyung,” Taem shouts and throws a towel to Jonghyun’s head.

“Yaaahh... what are you thinking you are doing? I am still your hyung,” Jonghyun scolds.

“Yaaahh.. Dino, stop nagging my baby,” Key smacks Jonghyun’s head out of nowhere.

“Guys… Your voices disturb me,” Minho utters lazily from his dressing table.

“Shut up, Minjung,” Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key respond in unison.

Soon, SHINee’s dressing room turn to be a battle field for them four. They become so childish when they gather like this, not reflecting their age, never.

Onew eyes his childish members. Jonghyun and Minho always act like Tom and Jerry to each other. Key becomes the Diva that always be ‘The Right One’. And there is also the maknae, Taemin. Albeit he already made his solo debut, although he always says he is a manly man, and the company has made his appearance like a bad boy, he is the same Taemin like the first time they met. When he is only with his hyungs, he is the maknae that like drinking banana milk, that always lose his things, and that innocent maknae. Nothing has changed.

He is grateful to have them as s, his family. And he still has SHINee World. His another family that always be his strength, who always know, understand, and love him. In his current condition, he needs them all.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow… It has been a while since the last time I posted my fic in AFF.

My work takes all my time and energy and I don’t havemuch time and energy left to write and think once I am at home L

But, I am glad finally I am able to write and post new story ^^

I know this story is and awful, but still, I want to post it.

 

It is unbetad as my beta is sick now *Get well soon, dear..

So, I am sorry for the grammatical and spelling error. English is not my first language.

 

Even though this story is not good enough, I hope it can entertain you –although just a little- especially jongyu shipper, at least you have a new story of jongyu you can read.

We all know how lack jongyu story is in this universe >.<

 

Warmly welcome your comment(s) ^^