Something Special

Homecoming of a Leader

He was laughing. He hadn't heard himself laugh in a long time. It seemed almost foreign in his throat, a strange sensation he was no longer used to.

The smile on his face felt alien, that absolute bubbly joy in his chest made him want to explode.

He was laughing too. He with his black hair messy from running his hands through it and dancing all night.

He with the midnight eyes and the wide grin that showed his teeth and gums, with the plush lips and fair skin.

The one that held his hand tightly, who looked at him with that look of disbelief and unrestrained joy. 

"Teukie-ah," his voice came to him, over the screams and the singing of the others.

That smile, that showed the teeth.

He flipped his bangs out of his face and squeezed his hands.

He hadn't been called Teukie in a long time. 

He let Heechul pull him down the stage, he'd never seen the other so happy in his life, Teukie was sure his own expression mirrored his.

Heechul looked at him again, with that expression he'd been seeing a lot lately.

That expression that said many things.

I missed you. I can't believe you're here, standing next to me again.

You look thin, you need to eat more. Have you been sleeping properly? 

You can always share my bed if you need to. I missed you sleeping against me anyway.

Did I mention I missed you?

And don't worry about your hair, it'll grow out again soon. 

You look gorgeous by the way. And no I'm not just saying that. 

Go on and sing, everyone's listening, we all missed you.

Have I told you I love you? I haven't? Well I better do that then. But you knew already didn't you?

I love you.

"What?" he said. "You're staring at me, what?"

"Nothing." Teukie smiled. "I have been sleeping well, I'll eat when we get back, I might share your bed tonight it's cold, my hair's not a problem, and yes I know you missed me."

Heechul smiled, cheeks turning red. "Shut up." he muttered turning away. "How could you know all that from a look?"

"I know you."

They walked together over the stage, almost oblivious to the others that were present. 

When Heechul danced like an idiot he didn't hold back, and didn't let Teukie either.

He thought he'd go blind from all the sapphire blue scattered about the crowd.

It was still ringing in his ears hours later the screams of his name.

"Ah SMTown's are always so tiring," Heechul yawned, head on Teukie's shoulder.

The van hit a bump in the road that made Heechul whine as he was bounced.

"You seemed to enjoy it," Teukie remarked.

"Of course. It was fun. But tiring. And I've tried all the hairstyles I can think of, I've no concepts left."

"You look beautiful, as always." he pressed a kiss into Heechul's hair. 

"Naturally." Heechul yawned. "Still. Have I mentioned that it's good you're back?"

Teukie hummed. "You may have mentioned it."

Heechul smiled sleepily. "Did I ever tell you I love you?"

He laced their fingers together. 

"I don't think so." Teukie murmured.

"Well I do." Heechul closed his eyes. "A lot."

"The great Heenim in love huh? I should be honoured."

"Idiot."

Teukie chuckled.

"In any case," Heechul went on. "Welcome home."

"Mmm...it's good to be home,"