Chapter One

Snapbacks

‘, wake up! Luhaaaaan~ wake up!’

“What the is wrong with this phone?” Luhan’s eyes flutters open as he stares at his phone in disbelief. Did his phone just rang with Baekhyun’s voice?

Luhan grasps the phone from his bedside table before looking at the time. 5:43AM. It was that early in the morning and his phone decided to ring. What a great timing.

Apparently, it wasn’t an alarm. It was Baekhyun calling him, and the thought it would be fun to record his voice and set it as Luhan’s ringtone. The thought pissed the off Luhan.

He swung his legs off the side of his bed and leaned on the bedpost. He was still sleepy, but it was Tuesday, which meant school.

He grumbled, like the grumpy boy he is, and stood up and began to make himself ready for school.

 

~*~

 

“So, did the wake-up call work?” Baekhyun asks as he locks the gate of his house. He laughs at Luhan’s pissed off look. “Aw, Luhan~ I woke up early to wake you up, as well. We can’t be late, Sehun has soccer practice early in the morning during Tuesdays!”

Luhan gaped at his best friend. “How do you know?”

“Of course, he’s going to court you. I need to take a few information about him,” Baekhyun answers, typing at his phone. Luhan grimaced as they walked down the pavements of Seoul. “Oh my God, Luhan!”

“What?” Luhan asks, bored. He stared at Baekhyun’s shocked face as he arched an eyebrow up. “What?” he asks, again.

“I forgot to take my iPod!” Baekhyun whines. Luhan stares at his best friend in disbelief.

“I thought there’s something up, like, an emergency! Ugh, quit creeping me out and making my heart jump up my neck, will you! Come on, let’s go back to your house and get it,” Luhan says, turning the direction back and starts walking back to their house.

“But, we’re going to miss Sehun’s practice!” Baekhyun says in a whiny tone. He sighs heavily. “I’m such an idiot.”

Luhan presses his lips together. “I don’t want to watch Sehun’s soccer practice. Come on, let’s get going.”

Baekhyun stood up, hands on hips. “No, I’ll come back and you wait for me in school! Go and watch his soccer practice! Film it for me if you can! Love you! Take care Luhan!”

Luhan was left dumb founded.

 

~*~

 

“Stupid Baekhyun,” Luhan mumbles after entering the school gate. He adjusts his bag’s straps.

He bumped into someone.

“Oh, I’m so—you?”

“Sorry. You were saying, ‘Oh, I’m so—you’, so I think your name is Soyou?”

“No, no. My name isn’t anywhere near Soyou. I’m sorry I bumped into you, I was trailing off, I’m really sorry,” Luhan says, sweat trickling down his temple. He needed to get away.

“Okay, but, do you mind giving me your name?”

“Uhh—o-kay, I-I’m Lu-Luhan.”

“Nice to bump into you, Luhan. I’m Sehun,” the boy says with a genuine smile.

And all Luhan could think of is, ‘how do humans breathe again?’

 

~*~

 

Luhan slumps on the seat in Chemistry class, Baekhyun following behind.

As soon as Luhan pulls his phone out, Baekhyun speaks, his voice somewhat far from natural.

“Okay, I need to ask you something that has been going around the school for a day.”

“What?” Luhan asked. “Nothing happened today.”

“Oh, really Luhan? I heard you bumped into Sehun early this morning,” Baekhyun says in a teasing voice, his eyebrows wiggling.

Luhan choked in his imaginary drink. “Wh-what?”

“Don’t even try to deny it. I have sources,” Baekhyun said, sitting down and leaning in Luhan’s desk. “So tell me.”

“Gossip queen,” Luhan mumbles, but not low enough for Baekhyun to not catch it.

“Heard that, and I like it.” Baekhyun laughs, “Now explain.”

“I will, after Chemistry, I promise.” Luhan says, gesturing towards the Chemistry teacher.

“No, you will explain now.”

“I hate you,” Luhan scowls.

“You don’t,” Baekhyun smirks.

“Fine!” Luhan whispers sharply.

 

~*~

 

Luhan spent the entire Chemistry period explaining the event to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun kept asking questions, when the explanation should have been easy as ‘I bumped into him. He thought my name was Soyou so I told him my name isn’t anywhere near ‘Soyou’. He asked for my name and introduced himself as Sehun.’

“That’s so cute, Luhan! I told you he’s going to court you!”

Luhan grimaced. “We merely talked. Shut up, Byun Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun just giggles. “You look cute together, you know.”

“Well, if we do look cute together or not, I don’t really give a ,” Luhan shrugs, earning a glare from Baekhyun. “What? I’m speaking of the truth and only the truth.”

Baekhyun sighs. “You are so negative. That’s why you don’t have a life.”

“I do have a life, Byun Baekhyun,” Luhan says sharply.

“Fine, fine. If studying until one in the morning is called life,” Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at Luhan. The latter copied his immature gestures.

“Baekhyun, are you a teenager or what?”

“I don’t know, I just live.” Baekhyun teases again.

“I don’t know what to do with you anymore.”

“Come on, Luhan. Just live a little!” Baekhyun shrugs. “Bye, Luhan!”

Baekhyun enters their house gate and waves at Luhan, who does the same. Their houses are two houses apart, so they don’t separate unless Luhan comes to Beijing to visit his relatives.

As soon as Luhan enters the house, he felt free. No childish yet cute Baekhyun to annoy yet make him happy.

“Luhan?” Luhan’s mom was sitting on the couch. “Come, these are our new neighbors.”

Luhan smiles at the two adult parents, “Hi.”

“They are the Oh’s.”

“Well, hi Mr. and Mrs. Oh, I hope you’re doing great here in our village.”

Mrs. Oh smiles, “Of course we are dear.”

Luhan returns the smile before shifting his gaze to his mom, giving a ‘can I go now’ look. His mom shakes her head.

“And Luhan, the young Oh, this is Oh Sehun,” his mom says. Luhan’s eyes widen as he stares at the boy he had barely noticed, that was sitting beside Mr. Oh.

“Oh .”

 


A/N:

I don’t really what’s gotten into me that I’ve already posted a chapter. But whatever! Hey, please do comment on what you think about the first chapter! I like reading long chapters, not those that goes ‘please update soon’. Soooo anyways I’m sorry if the first chapter is boring or whatever it is. I promise this’ll get better.

SO YOU KNOW THE DRILL: UPVOTE + COMMENT = COTE<3333333

ex oh ex oh, heart, smiley-face