[1]

Donghae's Surprise

One-shot


The grandfather clock struck twelve times down the hallway,each chime becoming increasingly louder until the twelfth chime when a small wooden bird popped out from the centre. Midday already? You paced up and down the hallway repeatedly. He hadn't called you all morning,messaged you or even attempted to make any sort of contact with you and today was special. You'd been expecting this day for weeks. He'd left earlier this morning going who knows where with Eunhyuk -of course- doing who knows what. You would have assumed Donghae would spend Valentine's Day with his real girlfriend and not Eunhyuk,his fake one.

Though suddenly,your pocket began buzzing and you fished your phone out from it. The familiar thumbnail of your boyfriend's smiling face was flashing along with the chorus of "Sorry Sorry" and,reluctantly,you clicked "answer". "Hello?"you asked,a little harsher than needed and he replied with a nervous chuckle. "You know I'm sorry,right?" Donghae asked,sighing a little. His only desire in life was to make you happy and after hearing you speak with such a harsh tone,he clearly felt the frustration and desperately wanted to make it up to you. "Yes." you whispered.

"How about I make it up to you right now,hm? Meet me at the SM building,you'll be allowed in,don't worry.Oh,and you'll find me in one of the practise rooms. Trust me,you'll know which one it is."And once his instructions were given the phone line went dead. At first you were a little confused. Donghae was usually pretty spontaneous but this was too secretive for the boy who could barely keep anything from her.  "Practise room.SM building.Find Donghae." You made a list of what you'd gathered from the brief phone call and immediately began your journey to the building. 

You succeeded in reaching the studio in only a short 15 minutes and entered through the side door where not too many fans would hang around. You always wondered why none of the idols ever exited from this door considering how many fans lingered outside the main entrance and the fact that it was barely impossible to even reach the vehicle at the end of the path. But then again, SM did enjoy showing off their artists and you didn't blame them. It was very good marketing. You almost got lost stumbling through the labyrinth that was the SM building but,luckily,an intriguing path of rose petals seemed to lead the way. Who could've put these here I wonder,you thought with a giggle as you followed the flowery path to a familiar wooden door. You'd visited this room previously with Donghae to watch a few practises and learn a few dance moves from "the one and only Eunhyuk",whom he liked to think of himself as. Tentatively,you knocked on the door and waited for it to be opened. Wiping your palms against your jeans,your anticipation was replaced with relief as the door opened and he was standing there. You sprang into Donghae's arms and he planted a gentle kiss on your forehead as his arms s around your back for support. "You finally made it." he chuckled before carrying you into the room,shutting the door with his foot.

He walked over to the raised platform at one end of the room and gently placed you upon it. Your eyes gazed around the room,absorbing each and every detail. It was approximately the size of a small gymnasium with creamy walls all lined with huge mirrors,except one. The flooring was polished so vigorously that it emitted a hazy light as the multitude of colours bounced off it from the over-hanging lights. A stereo system sat at the opposite end of the room,its numerous lights,sliders and buttons blinking cheerfully at the couple. "So why did you want me here anyway?"you asked inquisitively,tilting your head to the side. "Because the fun is about to begin." Donghae teased,throwing a playful grin at his girlfriend before disappearing out of the room again.

Though he soon reappeared,his arms cradling neatly-wrapped gifts that you knew only by looking at them were not wrapped by himself. A smirk crept across your lips. "Happy Valentine's Day!" he cheered,placing each gift on the floor before making his way over to you. He scooped you up off the platform and carried you down to where the gifts were on the floor. "Please sit." he said with a chuckle as he sat on the floor cross-legged opposite you once you'd done the same. "Are these all for me?" you asked,eyes wide in both surprise and excitement. Donghae rolled his eyes,picking up one of the smaller gifts and placing it in your hands. "Well who else would they be for?" He "tsk"ed. "Open this one first."

You raised an eyebrow as you immediately began tearing the paper apart. "Do you like it?" Donghae asked,his dark eyes eagerly searching yours for approval. You clutched the gift tightly in your hand and nodded in response to his dumb question. "It's beautiful. Of course I do." A silver purse embossed in gold with your initials was what he'd given you and when you popped it open,you discovered a few shopping vouchers folded in their slots. "And I know for sure that they're all for stores you like to shop at." Donghae added with a cheeky grin."Perfect. You're so sweet,you know that?" Your fingers continued searching through the purse when they came across a small photograph hidden in one of the slots. You fished it out and once you saw it,it brought back fond memories. "I especially like this." you giggled,waving the photograph in front of Donghae's face. "You remember this date?" he asked,biting his lip to try and stifle a chuckle. This picture of them both was his favourite. "You mean the one at that restaurant where we initiated a food fight? I remember it well." You burst into laughter and held the photograph close to your heart. "It's perfect. Thank you." you grinned just as Donghae was pushing a second gift your way. "Now this."he demanded with a grin.

"Aish,give me a chance." You picked up the gift,shook it slightly to see what sound it would made and began ripping the paper once again. This gift was a little bigger and had obviously had more consideration taken into its presentation. "Whoever wrapped these gifts did them extremely well." you noted. You squealed happily when you saw the hat that fell into your lap. Hats,caps,anything regarding headgear was your weakness and you cradled the gift like a you would a child. "How did you know I wanted this?" you asked as your eyes raked over the gift;it was a dark blue colour with small illustrations of cartoon fish scattered around. "They're so adorable. Just like you,my little Fishy." You giggled again as his toned arms swooped round your waist and pulled you into a hug. "I'm glad you like them."he whispered,planting a soft kiss on your lips. 

"Like them? I adore them!" you squealed and then ran to one of the mirrors where you could admire your new garment. Too busy striking various poses,it came as a shock to you when Donghae's muscular arms wrapped themselves around your waist. He placed his hands on your hips and your hands on his before swaying side to side. He then stretched his arm outwards,lacing your fingers with his before taking a few steps forward. This was his idea of slow dancing but he could happily admit that neither of them were particularly good at it. His torso brushed against yours as he dipped you downwards. He planted a gentle kiss on your jawline before pulling you back upwards,spinning you outwards and then back into his protective grasp. Your fingers unlatched from his and trailed past his jawline,past his cheeks and into his hair where you tugged slightly. The gap between you both disappeared. His breath tingled against your rosy cheeks and the odour of his shampoo washed over you both as you tugged him closer again. This time your lips locked. The kiss was long and sensual,the feeling of his soft lips against yours,incredible. "Oh,I have another surprise for you,my love." he whispered darkly. His fingers searched for yours and when they met they locked together. He brought your hand up to his mouth and kissed the back of it softly,a short breath escaping his lips. "Shall we go home,my princess?" he asked,eyes glinting excitedly and,for the second time today,you were speechless. Luckily,action are more powerful than words,some say,so with a cheeky grin,you tugged his arm gently. Together you walked out of the room,fingers interlocked,heading for the side door where they could run home.


The End