BaekYeon Rumor

Unofficially Dating

Jan 2014

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon!" Tiffany screamed.

"Uh.. What?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Kim Young-Min is calling you!" Tiffany shouted. 

"What?!" Taeyeon got scared. She thought that this might be something bad. "B-but what could I possibly.. done wrong?" 

"I don't know. Let's go!" Tiffany insisted. 

 

Arriving at Kim Young-Min's office, Taeyeon gulped and shivered. As she opened the door, she saw Baekhyun sitting on a chair.

"Wha-- Baekhyun?" she whispered in surprise.

"Oh, there you are, Taeyeon. I thought you'd never show up." Kim Young-Min greeted.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Young-Min-ssi. What do you need?" Taeyeon asked.

"I need you to pretend to be Baekhyun's girlfriend." Kim Young-Min explained, straight to the point.  

"Wait, what?" Taeyeon responded in a shocked expression. "B-but sir, you do know that i'm dating Onew, right?" 

"I know. That's why I used the word "pretend." Duh." Kim Young-Min said.

"I didn't really like this plan." Baekhyun crossed his arms and pouted.

 

"Okay. Here's the idea. Get in the car and try to make it look like the two of you are dating." Kim Young-Min explained. 

"Wait, wait, wait.. What if I don't approve to this idea?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Then you'll be fired." Kim Young-Min quickly responded. 

"What? You can't do that!" Taeyeon got furious. 

"Yes, I can. I'm the boss, i'm the top! I'm the top boss! Now get to it!" Kim Young-Min turned his back, meaning the discussion was over. 

Baekhyun and Taeyeon left the room. Taeyeon crossed her arms and said, "This is so frustrating." 

"I don't think you're the only one who finds it that way." Baekhyun pleaded. 

"Yeah. If we don't even do it, we'll get fired." Taeyeon explained.

"Bummer." Baekhyun bit his bottom lip.

 

-NIGHT TIME- 

 

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Baekhyun said gloomily. 

"I know. This is gonna be a disaster!" Taeyeon looked down, thinking negatively. 

 

"Alright, crew," Kim Young-Min said, "Get to it!" 

"I guess we're on." Baekhyun got into position. He went inside the car and so did Taeyeon. They acted like they were a real couple. 

Cameras in different angles were set up everywhere. 

"I think that this plan would cause fans to panic, or worse.. They might declare war." Taeyeon thought.

 

Well.. She thought right.

 

A few minutes later, the news and pictures were spreading like a fatal disease on the internet.

Everyone saw the news except for a few people/groups. 

 

Present day..

"BAEKYEON?! NO!" The fans screamed. 

Protesting is all they could do. Picket signs were everywhere saying, "TAKE DOWN BAEKYEON!", "ONTAENG IS BETTER!", "PUNISH BAEKHYUN!", "SMTOWN's BEHAVIOR IS GETTING WORSE! TAKE DOWN BAEKYEON!" 

The other half loves the new couple. They ship BaekYeon more than OnTaeng. Guess their motto was "Haters gonna hate." 

 

"Hey," screamed one BaekYeon fan, "You haters should go to hell!" 

One hater got really mad and picked a fight between the halves. Policemen tried to stop the fight, but people were pushing each other down. The fans and haters didn't realize that they were blocking the road. Baekhyun's private vehicle was stuck in traffic. 

 

-Baekhyun's POV-

 

I looked out the window and saw cars on halt. Not a single one was moving. 

 

Ugh, I'm getting impatient. I wonder what's blocking the way?

"Driver, what's taking so long?" I asked. 

"Traffic jam, sir." He answered me politely. I sighed, "I guess i'm gonna be late." I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. 

This was extremely boring. 

 

-End of POV-

 

After several hours of waiting, they've finally reached SMENT's company building. 

"Finally, you came." The manager greeted Baekhyun as he opened the door of the car for him.

"Thanks." Baekhyun replied. "So.. What are we doing today?" 

"Ah, a couple of music video shooting. It'll be a stressful week, though."

"Oh. W-well, I think I should.. rest for a while. It was a long trip to get here." Baekhyun scratched the back of his not itchy head. 

 

"Go rest, and be ready for the shooting." His manager commanded. 

"Right, got it." Baekhyun walked to the practice room to rest. As he opened the door, Chanyeol surprised him. 

"BAEKKIE!" Chanyeol greeted him with a big warm hug.

"H-hey, Chanyeol." Baekhyun's words got caught up. 

"Come on, sit with me." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun in and sat down on a black couch.

 

"Have.. uh.. Ha-have you heard the news?" Baekhyun started a conversation. 

"What news?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Oh.. Just some news.. About me and.. Y-you know.." Baekhyun stuttered. 

"I know? I know who?" Chanyeol raised a brow. 

"About the uh.. Baekyeon thing?" Baekhyun bit his lower lip. 

 

Chanyeol got dead silent. Afterwards, he spoke. "You know what? Just forget it." 

"No, no, no.. Don't think of me as.. Ruining your day. It's just that.. You know it's just a rumor, right?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"I know.. I just don't think that the two of you should be doing this, but hey, between you and me, I think SM just wants attention from the fans." Chanyeol stated his opinion. 

"Yeah, well---" 

 

"Hey guys, check this out!" Luhan bursted into the room with his phone. "Look!" He turned it on and opened his Twitter. Jonghyun's tweet was on the screen. 

"What's that?" Chanyeol asked as he fixed his cap. 

"Look! It says here that BaekYeon is now an official couple and they were officially dating. There's proof right here." Luhan tapped the link at the bottom of the tweet. It lead them to the Twitter of SMENT. They saw the tweet of them finally officializing the couple Baekyeon. It said: 

 

"Annyeong. We are officially announcing that EXO's Baekhyun and SNSD's Taeyeon are dating. Clearly, this is not a scam. This is for the enjoyment of the couple. We give them our best wishes. Thank you." 

 

"What?!" Baekhyun spat. "Where did this come from? We're not officially dating. We're-- We're--" 

"BAEKHYUN! YOU TOLD ME THAT BAEKYEON WAS JUST A RUMOR! I TRUSTED YOU!" Chanyeol screamed. 

"I know! B-but I-- What-- I--" Baekhyun didn't know what to say.

 

-SHINee's Dorm- 

 

"ONEW HYUNG! ONEW HYUNG!" Jonghyun caught his fellow band member's attention. 

"What is it?" Onew asked. "Have you heard the news?!" Jonghyun questioned, panicking a little. 

"Heard the news about what?" Onew raised a brow at him.

"BaekYeon's officially dating!" Jongyhun exclaimed. Dead silence occupied the room. A few seconds later, Onew laughed. 

"You're joking, right? That's a good one." Onew said with a smile. "Please tell me that was a joke." He suddenly got serious. 

"No! It's true! SMENT confirmed it. Check your Twitter!" 

 

Afterwards, Jonghyun ran to the others to tell them the news. Onew checked his Twitter and saw SMTOWN's tweet. 

 

"I-it can't be. This isn't true..." Onew said, eyes getting teary. "Taeyeon.. Wh-why? How is this.. possible?" He cried. 

Onew sat there on the couch, feeling blue. That was the day he'll never forget.