June

Colors of the Season

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

Ingrid Bergman

 

 

Fall

Lucy noticed him right away, how he walked to one side to the other, in front of the entrance of the coffee shop she worked at, peering at her while she served the clients, before settling in front of the door with his back to it.

She avoided looking on his direction, busy, or pretending to be, collecting the used and dirty dishware of the tables. However her eyes moved to his back, his broad shoulders, his manly muscled arms that she touched the night before…and his lips. She couldn’t think about his lips, which were the main reason she couldn’t even look at his face. The memory of his soft lips on hers, the way they kissed, his lips her lower lip slightly before releasing her, his beautiful dreamy small eyes.

“!” She cursed almost letting one of the beautiful white mugs with dogs fall.

“Are you ok?” His sister, who had the same kind of eyes that he did, asked from behind the counter.

“Yes. Just…”

“Out of yourself!” She completed for Lucy “You seem tense today. Did anything happen?” Her eyes moved to the front door, where her younger brother was standing and then back to Lucy.

“Nothing.” She said embarrassed.

“I think he wants to talk with you.” She smiled, so similarly to Lee that Lucy had to look away before realizing that there was no escape. She needed to talk with him because he was waiting for her.

He turned around once she walked outside, a huge smile spreading on his face when he noticed that it was finally her and not another costumer leaving.

Soon his smile died when he noticed how pale she was, how she avoided looking at him.

“About last night…” He said making her glance at him as if she was afraid.

If only he knew how scared she was. Scared of falling from his eyes again, of feeling what she felt last night. It was so different from what she always felt with Max and yet he was her soulmate, right?

She was so certain before and now, now she was mess. Lee lips ruined everything.

 “I’m sorry.” She said abruptly not giving him time to finish his sentence.

“No. Please don’t say that.” He seemed in pain and she looked up. Big mistake! He was so handsome, with his messy hair ruffled for the wind and probably because he had the cute habit of ruffling it with his hand. A cute habit she liked…No! His cute nose and stunning eyes that perfectly fit his lovely smile and pump delicious lips she tasted last night. His lips that made her heart beat wildly while they moved demanding and yet sweetly against hers. His soft voice saying she was a fairy and that she deserved better;  His manly body hiding below his blue track suit and whit t-shirt.

“I’m not sorry at all.” He meant about last night and yet it was as if he wasn’t sorry of making her go crazy over him.

No! She wasn’t crazy over him! It was an infatuation.

“We shouldn’t have done that. I have a boyfriend!”

He chuckled moving his hand on his hair, ruffling his already ruffled reddish brown hair.

“You broke up with him yesterday before we kissed.”

We kissed….the words made her get weak on her knees. They kissed, their lips touched each other and it was magical and hot and she couldn’t forget it.

“It was the same night.” She tried to convince herself that it was wrong, even though every cell in her body was telling her that it was damn right.

He seemed to agree with her body. “It is right because we both wanted it.”

“I...I…” She wanted to deny it but she couldn’t lie. She really wanted that. Actually she still wanted it, more than once. Her eyes moved to his lips and she tried to look away with no avail because his hands cupped her face and made her look at him.

She was trembling under his hands and he could feel how tense she was. However that was only a sign of how much she also wanted him. He knew the way she tried so hard not to look at his lips while he couldn’t stop staring at hers. Her rosy lips were a drug and he wanted it desperately. He never wanted to kiss someone so badly like he wanted to kiss her. And he could feel that her feelings were the same.

Lee knew what he had to do. Lucy needed a boyfriend. Someone that actually acted like her boyfriend, not that she was always calling her boyfriend. He could be that man. He desperately wanted to be that man ever since the day he heard her voice while she talked with Kimchi.

He was going to confess. He had to.

“I took a while to say this but I really like…”

“LUCY!” A man voice called from behind Lee and Lucy eyes moved from him to whoever was behind him.

“Max!” He released her immediately and she looked at Lee in shock as if her brain and heart were fighting inside her, as if she didn’t know exactly what to do.

Max approached them and Lee took his time observing the man, noticing how he looked at him in disdain. No wonder, Lee was wearing his track suit and probably looked like an homeless man while Max was wearing a perfect grey suit with his black hair neatly combed making him look like the new cover of a man’s magazine.

“What is this guy doing to you?” Max asked, his eyes not leaving Lee.

Lucy jumped on her spot as if she woke up from her daydreams and walked closer to Max, standing by his side like a puppy making Lee sigh. That guy was destroying her, making her look like a fool, like a tool on his hands when in reality she was so much more, so full of potential, so beautiful and interesting.

“Nothing.” She grabbed her apron slightly looking at Lee “He is my friend Lee.” She bit her lip and looked away. Anyone who knew her would know she was lying. He was no friend. He was more than that and Lee would be happier with her lie and what he could take out from it, if it wasn’t from the fact that Max didn’t seem to notice her lie. He didn’t know her. He was an .

“Friend? Ok…and what are you doing here? I went to the apartment and one of your roommates said you were here…”

“You went to the apartment? After me?” She looked at Max perplexed before smiling. He never went after her, not even once.  Lee watched her in sadness.

“Of course I did. What the is this?” he said angrily taking a note from his pocket, his swearing not scaring her.

She was used to it and Lee got even more upset, being ignored by the couple while they fought about the note.

“The note...” Lucy mumbled and Lee realized that it was probably the break up note. “Well yesterday I was upset…”

“You are being  a nonsense again.” Max completely ignored her “I told you to pick up my laundry this morning and you didn’t so they called me. And then I find this stupid note. Are you playing with me? Am I a joke to you? I have an important meeting tomorrow I need those clothes.”

“No. I was confused and I had to work so I couldn’t go there this morning.”

Max chuckled. “Right, working for what? You won’t be able to work here for more than a week.”

Lucy looked at her feet and Lee fought the urge to grab her hand and take her away from there. Max had the same idea, grabbing her hand, but making her his prisoner instead.

“You are reckless Lucy and this isn’t even a real job. Taking care of dogs while serving coffee...”

“It’s a dog café.” Lee said tired of listening to that making his girls (yes his girl) feeling miserable. “It’s not taking care of dogs” You idiot! “And even if it was, it still would be a great job. Being rich and working on a company is not bigger than having a job you always dreamed off.”

Lucy stared at Lee wondering what he was talking about. That wasn’t her dream. It looked like he was talking about someone else. However, she agreed with him but Max didn’t.

“Also…” Lee stepped forward standing in front of Max making Lucy compare them. Lee was as tall as Max. He didn’t have a buffed body like Max but he was clearly well built and so hot. She brushed her thoughts away. “Stop talking with her like that. She isn’t your slave and not your possession.

Lee grabbed Lucy wrist pulling her hand away from Max, releasing her.

“She is a free woman. You don’t get to treat her like that.”

Max stepped closer to Lee, both staring at each other as if they were two wolves ready to fight to decide on who will be the alpha and get the female.

“She is my girlfriend” Max uttered dangerously.

“OH MY GOD!” Lucy screamed making both look at her. She was covering , her eyes wet.

“Really? Girlfriend? You never called me that.”

She seemed surprised but more than that she was happy, happy to be his girlfriend making Lee sad instead. He was stepping up, trying to protect her and she was melting by his side, melting not for him but for that she followed around.

“I see…” Lee mumbled stepping back. Maybe she deserved that. Maybe she deserved to be in a horrible relationship like that. But then her eyes moved to his face and her smile disappeared. She had feeling for him, somewhere inside her was the Lucy he met, the cat fairy and that Lucy had feelings for Lee. Sadly the other one, the dependent one still wanted Max.

“So you want this idiot!” Lee said making Max grit his teeth.

“What the hell!” He groaned ready to push Lee who stepped back gracefully moving away from them.

“Maybe you deserve each other.” He said, noticing the hurt on her eyes before walking away.

Lucy watched him leave, a part of her, a big part wanting to run after him, wanting to hear what he had to say and couldn’t because Max showed up. The way he touched her last night, his soft voice singing to her, his lips….

“Let’s go Lucy!” Max said pulling her arm making her look back at him.

Suddenly she realized that Lee words made her forget about what Max said, about her being his girlfriend.

“What time do you leave work?” he asked and Lucy wondered if they were going out on a date. “I need you to pick up my laundry.

Somehow she wasn’t disappointed anymore. The way Lee looked at her before leaving hurt her more than Max treating her as if she was his slave.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

“Cat fairy…” Lucy mumbled at the balcony of her room, listening how the words sounded out loud on her lips instead of his. It wasn’t the same, there wasn’t the same intonation and it clearly didn’t make her heart go crazy like when he was the one saying it.

She stood on her toes trying to look under her balcony and into Lee balcony. Kimchi wasn’t there and more importantly Lee wasn’t there also. She was alone, more alone than ever.

She sighed looking at the stars. Why wasn’t she happy? She should be. Max went after her, he even seemed a little jealous and he called her his girlfriend.

However Lee expression didn’t leave her mind at all the whole day. She even lost a little of her appetite. It was as if she missed him already.

Lucy was so confused with what he said, with the fact that it hurt so much. Also the way he stood up for her, how he said that she wasn’t his toy, how he respected her, how he called her beautiful and precious. The night before he said she deserved more, they kissed, his fingers intertwined with hers, his warmness made her burn.

“What’s wrong with me?” She asked hugging herself, fighting the crazy thoughts that were invading her mind.

Max didn’t call anymore because she picked up his clothes and left them at his place. He had no need for her anymore and surprisingly that didn’t pain her as it did before.

She wanted so desperately to see him. Lee not Max.

Without realizing she entered her bedroom closing the balcony door, her feet taking her to the entrance of her apartment and down the stairs to his door. She was wearing a silly light blue t-shirt with a hamburger and her pajama pants and yet she was standing in front of his door, her hand knocking on it softly.

Lucy was going crazy, or so she thought until he opened the door and his handsome face, his warm body where in front of her again. That was right and she didn’t have any doubt anymore.

Her eyes moved from his unreadable expression, to his messed hair (he probably was sleeping), to his black tank top and grey sweat pants. She could see the shape of his muscles and Lucy had to fight her hormones to look back at his face again.

He probably noticed how her cheeks got redder because he tilted his head observing her carefully, his eyes moving down her body too.

He was checking her out, his eyes lingering on her s briefly, probably because she stupidly used a black bra under a very light  t-shirt, and then on her lips and eyes.

“Hi.” Lucy said awkwardly realizing that they both were ready to go to bed and alone at his apartment, well at the door of his apartment. Not that she wanted to sleep with him, well maybe she did.

“Oh god!” she mumbled making him raise an eyebrow.

“God? I’m no god. Wrong door!”

She frowned and smiled a little at his joke, moving her sweaty hands on her pants.

 “What do you want Lucy?” he asked, bending his head forward, reading her eyes.

HIM! She wanted him.

“Last time you said you would sing and play me…I mean for me.”

Lee smiled moving a hand on his already messed up hair “You missed me?”

Kimchi meowed from behind his owner jumping to the couch she could see from the door.

“Yes.” No point lying. Her answer made his smile grew to another level, a very beautiful level that made Lucy sigh.

Lee didn’t say anything but stepped aside letting her enter his apartment.

The door closed behind her and Lucy bit her lip. They were alone and burning with desire for each other.

“Wow!” Lucy said when she noticed the big black piano on the corner of the room. It was true then! He knew how to play the piano.

“I told you so.” He stepped closer to the instrument touching it in a very intimate way. It was more than a piano to him and she watched him in wonder. “It’s my best friend.”

“Are you good?”  She stopped by his side touching it too, her fingers inches from his, slowly moving to touch briefly.

“Some say I am.” He answered looking at her, making her breathless. “Sit here.”

He asked sitting in front of the piano and waiting for her to follow his actions and do the same.

His fingers moved on the keys quickly and she watched it, trying to follow the dance his fingers were doing, a sweet melody filling the room. Kimchi didn’t seem to mind, snuggling on his pillow over the couch.

“You are awesome!” She said over the music making him chuckle, playing higher notes in a crescendo while she smiled at him.

“Want me to sing then?”

“Absolutely!”

He stopped playing as if he was concentrating. “More than words?” he asked.

“Yes. Don’t you need a music sheet?”

“No. I practiced it the whole day.”

“What?”

“The walls of the apartment are very tick. Man reason I moved here. That’s why I can listen to it. Also I closed the windows.”

That’s why Kimchi wasn’t at the balcony.

“No. I didn’t mean that I mean…why did you practice it?”

“You know why. I promised you and I knew you would come to listen.”

Lucy watched him in a daze while he started playing the song, words coming out from his mouth, while he looked at the window behind the piano instead of her. This time she didn’t look at his fingers, instead her eyes didn’t leave the way his mouth moved while he sang, the beautiful profile of that man she clearly had a crush on. Because it needed to be a crush, it couldn’t be more than that. After he stopped singing she was going to leave that apartment and she was going to forget about him, about how he made her feel special, about how he had the cutest nose, about how she wanted to kiss each of his birth marks…

Saying I love you

Is not the words I want to hear from you

It's not that I want you

Not to say, but if you only knew

How easy it would be to show me how you feel

More than words is all you have to do to make it real

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me

Cause I'd already know

 

What would you do if my heart was torn in two?

More than words to show you feel

That your love for me is real

What would you say if I took those words away?

Then you couldn't make things new

Just by saying I love you

La di da, la di da

More than words

La di da, la di da

 

Now that I've tried to talk to you and make you understand

All you have to do is close your eyes and just reach out your hands

And touch me, hold me close, don't ever let me go

More than words is all I ever needed you to show

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me

Cause I'd already know

 

Lucy waited for the song to end and for him to play the last note and look at her.

Silence filled the room and Lucy tried to fight back the tears. Why was she even crying?! Because of the song?  Because of  how beautifully he sang and played? Or because she didn’t want to leave?

He looked at her waiting for a reaction and his fingers moved on the piano before she placed her hand over his, making the sound of the keys resonate inside his living room. Now his attention was all on her and not on the piano anymore.

She blinked her eyes and her hand traced the skin of his arm over to his face that she caressed.

Lee opened his lips, ready to smile and ask her if she liked it. However she pressed her lips against his quickly before moving away as if she was scared of her actions. He wanted more and stared at her.

“Thank you…for today and for this.” She mumbled being his cat fairy once again.

He caressed her cheek, her rosy cheeks because she was embarrassed. She looked so lovely and he wanted to kiss her back so much.

“I love you.” It was so clear to him. He was always used to say what he felt. Ever since he was little. If he didn’t like what his mother had for dinner he would say, if someone smelled badly on the subway he would say it, if he didn’t like someone he would say it, and he knew  that once he met her he would tell her that he was in love. 

Lucy hands moved on her lap and she looked down and back at him as if she was caught in a dream. Max never told her that, no one ever told her that she was loved.

“I don’t know you well.” He added blushing a little, his neck and ears becoming red, making him adorable. “I’ve always watched you from afar and only lately could be able to know you. I always listened to you speak with Kimchi and…you are really a fairy for me. You shine so much that I think I could stare at you a whole day without getting tired. I think about you so much when I play that it makes me crazy as if I’m being possessed by this feelings and even music sounds better…and..” he swallowed “I sound like a crazy person right? Does it make sense, even a little?”

Lucy watched him in a daze, with butterflies in her stomach, no bigger, probably a group of birds inside it. He was adorable and so handsome and it made so much sense to her because she felt the same. It was crazy but it made sense.

“I want to know you.” he added, his hand moving to grab hers on her lap. “I’ve never wanted to know someone like I want to know you.”

He moved a finger under her eye, his touch lingering on her skin.

“Are you crying?” he asked sweetly, gently like Max never treated her.

Lee was manly and yet so gentle and that made her go crazy. It was something so new to her.

She didn’t even know if she was crying.

“No.”

He laughed softly. “Yes you are.”

Of course she was crying. “No one ever said something so beautiful to me like you did.”

“That’s because you were searching for this words in the wrong place. By my side you will always hear them. I promise.”

She sobbed covering her face embarrassed with her weakness, with that infatuation that was actually a crush, with that crush that was actually love. Were they soulmates perhaps? Is that even possible? To truly exist a person made only for you? To meet someone and build a deep connection so quick and overwhelming that you can’t break ever?

“Don’t cry. Please smile.” She heard him say, too embarrassed to put down in words that she also loved him, that she also felt the same for him. That she also wanted to know him like she never knew someone before. All the little things about him, his preferences, his history, his fears and all his different kinds of smiles; how he reacted if he was angry, frustrated, sad, happy, hungry…everything.

“You are even more beautiful when you smile.” He said sweetly, his hands moving to caress her wet cheeks under her brown hair. “My heart almost exploded while you watched the musical yesterday. You were so happy and so beautiful.”

She looked up, pulling his hands away from her cheek, quickly cleaning her eyes so she could see him clearly.

He didn’t need to smile to be the most handsome man ever and yet when he smiled something would also explode inside her. It was the same and she couldn’t hide it anymore.

Smiling came naturally while she looked at him.

“Yes like that.” He said leaning over, is eyes never leaving hers until they closed when their lips touched.

They kissed several times, slowly, the intensity of the kisses growing as if gradually they were letting their feelings come out.

That was madness and Lucy knew it because she was never the kind of person to give in to things like that. Yet she came after her boyfriend, Max, to Korea. And now she was kissing a man she barely knew, her hands moving desperately on his chest, on his arms, and face, on his hair, their lips meeting numerous times.

Kimchi meowed watching the couple and that made Lucy move and stand up from the bench with him following her, his lips released hers but his eyes didn’t.

He wanted her. The desire, the longing was on his eyes and she knew he was her mirror.

Lucy never wanted to sleep with a man so badly in her life. Of course that she also wanted to be with Max. At first they made love several times; however they didn’t anymore, ever since he moved to Korea. She thought that maybe something was wrong with her. And yet she knew deep down it wasn’t that the problem. Max simply had other women to have with. He wasn’t searching for that deep connection Lucy wanted.

Lee didn’t seem to mind kissing her, touching her and he wanted to take her to his bed. She knew and he was only waiting for a sign of her to do so. He wanted the same has her. He wanted to love her.

Lucy was mad, she knew she was but you can’t say no to love.

She pulled her t-shirt over her head and let it fall down to the floor of his living room, standing with her bra in front of him.

Lee stood up immediately, not gracefully and a little awkward making her chuckle, his hands moving to cup her face and not touch her s as Max always greedily did.

He kissed her again, his thumbs caressing her cheeks “You are so beautiful.” He mumbled against her skin, his lips leaving wet traces on her neck and down to the vale between her s, his hand unclasping her bra, her hands pulling his tank top over his head.

He couldn’t wait anymore and grabbed her by her waist, her legs wrapping around his waist while he carried her, both kissing to his bedroom.

Lee placed Lucy over his bed, both quickly undressing each other, kissing every time they could before they rolled in the bed , his body fitting perfectly on hers.

It was madness, but they were perfect together.

She never answered back when he told her that he loved her but he had an idea of how she felt. They didn’t need words, at least not for now, not when she touched and kissed his chest carefully trying not to miss any spot; not when she moved her hands on his hair, intensely tangling her fingers on it while he move inside her; not when she couldn’t stop looking at his eyes, smiling softly with the pleasure;  not when she came on his arms right before he came inside her too; not when they slept on each other embrace, a mess of legs and arms intertwined,  kissing until they had no strength left anymore.

Lucy didn’t need to tell him that she loved him. Lee already knew.

 

Spring

Alex knocked for the fourth time at her neighbor door, the one that now she knew that he wasn’t a killer but a very awkward and weird man instead. “Open the door. I know you are there!” she said leaning her ear against the door hearing movement inside. She could almost picture Jinki there, nervously staring at the door not knowing what to do.

After their confusing first meeting they met a couple more times and talked about books coffee, science and everything else that she always dreamed to talk about with a soulmate. Alex had a huge crush on him but he didn’t seem to share the same feelings as her because now he wouldn’t open his door to her.

“Go away!” he mumbled from the other side with a gentle voice. He was scared of her and she didn’t know why.

“No way. Open the door now!” Alex knocked on it again. But he ignored her. “FINE!”

She walked back to her apartment and to her bedroom where she kicked a stack of clothes Lucy forgot to put away. She walked around the room until her eyes settled on the balcony. He wouldn’t be able to get rid of her so fast.

Alex climbed her balcony like she did before and carefully placed her feet on the other side, on the ledge of his balcony.

“What are you doing?” he screamed making her look at him noticing how he was only wearing his glasses, a sleeveless white shirt and shorts. She lost her concentration and slipped . Luckily he was quick and pulled her to him making her fall on top of him, his body lessing the fall.

She moved her hands on his chest making him cry surprised because he was never touched by a woman like that. However she didn’t do it with ual intentions and rolled off of him to the floor grabbing her leg in pain.

He sat up ignoring the ache on his back “Are you ok? Why did you do that? Are you crazy?”

“I wanted to see you!” she complained and he stood up.

“Can you stand up?”

She shook her head rubbing her leg and he wondered what to do.

She almost could see his brain working when he crouched by her side and carefully placed his arm under her knees and the other around her. He was going to carry her.

Alex grabbed into his neck immediately and he easily stood up with her on his arms. He was strong and she leaned against him, resting her head on his chest, inhaling his scent, a smile spreading on her features. Yes her leg hurt but she could walk, she was only pretending,  too afraid to be kicked out of his apartment by him.

He placed her on the couch and she hesitantly released him. He sat on the floor in front of her thinking. “I think I read a book about sprained ankles and injuries.” He kneeled in front of Alex and pulled her pants up, carefully touching her ankle.

She watched him faking a frown of pain and he worriedly released her. “Maybe I should call someone to pick you up to take you to a doctor.” He was going to stand up when she pulled him down again.

“No doctors. No calling anyone.”

“What were you trying to do anyway?” He asked upset “Killing yourself?”

“You weren’t opening the door.” She said as if trying to climb to his balcony was a known consequence of him isolating himself.

“Sometimes I don’t like to see anyone.” Jinki defended himself.

“I’m not anyone. Right?”  She eagerly waited for his answer and Jinki blinked his eyes under his glasses. She wasn’t, she scared him. Actually it wasn’t her that scared him but what she made him feel when she was around.

His confusion tempted her and Alex raised her hand, her fingers touching his cheek, before moving to his lips that she traced. They were so perfect as if they were planned and drawn to make women like her go crazy.

He moved slightly and Alex mistook it thinking he would get up or stop her; instead he did the same to her, touching her lips so softly as if he was afraid to hurt her.

She let her hand fall on her lap and watched his eyes and expression while he caressed her. He was like a little kid exploring the skin of her face, or a scientist doing a research about her lips.

“Please don’t close your door to me again.” Alex mumbled making his finger stop moving on her chin.

“I’m sorry.” He moved away standing up. “I’m not good at….connecting with humans.”

“Like in physically?” Alex asked wondering what he meant.

Jinki blushed deeply “No…I don’t know….”

Alex bit her lip “You never been with someone?”

He moved his head slightly.

“Kissed?”

Jinki looked away embarrassed and Alex smiled. He was so cute. He was like a little kid learning about love for the first time. She always thought she was the inexperienced one because she never had before and yet that perfect, handsome man in front of her never kissed or hugged anyone before….he probably didn’t even hold hands with a female. And by the way he touched her just now he was curious about how the skin of a woman felt.

She wondered why?!

“Don’t you have family? A dad? Mom? Siblings?” She asked curious moving on the couch.

“My dad died five years ago, my mom died when I was young and I don’t have any siblings.”

That could explain a lot and Alex spread her arm to reach him.

 Jinki stepped back immediately. “You need to go.”

“I can’t. I’m hurt!” Alex faked a cry of pain touching her leg and Jinki frowned, his glasses moving down his nose.

She is in love with him. There is no denying and if she had to teach him how to be around a woman she would. Alex would do anything to make Jinki accept her in his life.

“You can grab me and take me home.” He looked at her and the way she innocently looked back at him as if she was a snake trying to lure him to eat the apple.

He considered her words and carefully bended forward to grab her bridal style. She immediately took that opportunity to grab to him, settling her arms around him, her nose touching his cheek. He closed his eyes feeling the proximity and what it was making to his body. He wasn’t an idiot. He watched before and he knew what that was, even if he wasn’t used to real women outside of the movies and magazines.

Alex kissed his cheek and he released her immediately, his eyes wide open when he fell back into the floor and releasing her to fall on the couch again.

Alex whimpered in surprise and frustration because her plan failed and he stood up upset and uncomfortable “I’m going to call your friends to pick you up. “

“NO!” Alex cried and he hesitated looking at her and how her lips seemed so tempting. Those lips burned his skin and made his heart go crazy.

“I don’t want to go home. I need you.” Alex blushed “I need you to kiss me….and the pain will go away.” She touched her chest highlight her words. She wasn’t in pain because of her leg but because of what he made her feel. And he knew exactly what it was because he felt the same pain every time he saw her.

He would watch her while she talked about books, drinking tea, how she brushed her hair away from her eyes and shyly asked him things about his work. He couldn’t help but notice how she walked around his house as if she felt at home, how her fingers moved on the cover of a book and he imagined it was his hand instead, how her lips touched the teacup making him wonder if kissing her would taste like green tea.

“We aren’t kids.” He said trying to avoid the subject .

“I know. Kids don’t have this kind of feelings for each other.”

Jinki sighed blushing and grabbed a couple of books from the floor placing them on the table instead, running away from her.

“You really don’t want to kiss me?” Alex asked making him trip on his own feet, the books falling on the floor. He didn’t even move to pick them up. “Don’t you want to know how it feels like? Because I do…I dream about your lips all the time.”

Jinki glanced at her, his eyes falling on her lips immediately.

“Humans and feels are pain.” He said coldly avoiding answering her question.

“Ok you idiot!” Alex supported her hands on the couch and stood up crying with pain. He watched her surprise, fixing his glasses. She was pretending, he suspected that but she was actually hurt. “Forget it!” She said pushing him out of the way and walking to the front door. “Live your life alone if you want to…”

He watched her walk in pain and panicked. He didn’t want her to give up on him and stop visiting. He wouldn’t survive not seeing her every day.

Alex never did reach the door because he grabbed her in his arms, softly pulling her against his chest where she awkwardly placed her hands, slowly moving them up to his shoulder.

Jinki watched her, giving himself and her some time to get used to that contact.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled while she circled his neck with her hands, caressing his neck. “I’m complicating.”

“It’s ok. I am too. Sometimes I want to hide in my room and never leave.”

She leaned her head against his chest closing her eyes, feeling his body heat.

“It’s so hard to be normal.” He complained cutely and she moved just enough to grab his hand on hers.

“You are normal. Just a very special kind of normal. The kind I like.”

“You like me?” He asked, his face inches from hers.

“I’ve never felt this way.” She answered with a tiny voice.

“I’ve never kissed a girl.” She knew.  It was so obvious and he was so adorable confessing it.

“Why?”

“Do you even have to ask? They don’t fall from the sky into my apartment….” He smiled, small wrinkles appearing on the corner of his eyes making her go crazy. “Well you kinda did.”

Alex giggled her fingers intertwining with his by their side. “I didn’t kiss many boys either.”

“How is it?” He asked curious. “I mean...I’m a scientist I’m curious.”

She smiled and he moved closer. “w-what are you doing?” she stuttered when his nose bumped into hers.

“You asked me to kiss you. I’m going to give you what you want.” He moved even closer. “For scientific proposes.” He added making her smile softly when their lips joined.

Both closed their eyes enjoying that little moment of heaven. It lasted longer than she thought with him trying his best to not ruin his first kiss with her. He pulled away and she opened her eyes to see a flustered Jinki in front of her.

“How was it?” she asked breathless, not from the kiss but from the way her heart was beating.

“I think I need to do it again...” he mumbled not giving her time to answer back, his lips finding hers again.

More research was needed. 

 

Summer

The first person Mia saw when she arrived at the college campus was Ondrew, coming out from the backseat of his car, wearing a suit. She stopped beside the other students who were gasping at the perfection he looked with a suit.

“He looks like a prince.” A girl said covering .

“More like a mafia lord.” Said the guy next to her,  both giggling.

He did look like both. His perfect dark blue suit and white shirt look was completed with a light blue tie and his hair was neatly styled upwards giving Mia the impression that he went to a hairdresser before school. However he wasn’t smiling and he looked as if he just came from a funeral. His deadly eyes were the reason some student were saying that he looked like a mafia lord.

Mia walked slowly to the stairs, her eyes still on him, while she tightened her long red coat around her. She decided to wear a very thin black blouse over her white shorts and now was a little cold.

Ondrew eyes moved to her and she noticed how his expression softened a little. Mia blinked her eyes muttering a silent morning and he did the same surprising her. Maybe the previous night got them closer. She was still looking at him when she went against a man.

He was older, with green eyes and really similar to Ondrew, also wearing a suit.

“I’m sorry.” Mia mumbled quickly and once she realized Ondrew was by her side, his eyes on the man.

“It’s settled. I’m coming to pick you up so we can go to the meeting together and my men will stay with you. To protect you.” The man told Ondrew.

“I’m not a kid and I don’t need protection.” He growled back.

“No. But you do act like one and you need them to protect you from yourself. So it’s better this way if they keep an eye on you.”

Mia stared at them with open. That was Ondrew dad and apparently they had something business related to do later. That explains Ondrew choose of clothes for the day, that he didn’t seem to approve at all.

“I’m not you. You don’t have to worry.” Ondrew said bitterly, smiling coldly before climbing the stairs, ignoring Mia presence as if she didn’t exist.

“I’m sorry.” Ondrew dad spoke to Mia “I didn’t see you. I was busy scolding my son.”

“Oh no!” Mia said moving her hand awkwardly “Its fine. I was distracted too.” She blushed realizing that she just said she was distracted with his son.

The old man laughed in a way that Mia could see bits of Ondrew on him. Sadly she never saw his son smile like that.

“Yes. He does that to girls. Runs in the family.” The old man pated her shoulder and walked back to his car. He was right. He was a very hot man for his age.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

After that encounter with Ondrew in the morning Mia decided to avoid him. She was still confused about what happened the previous night and she didn’t want to analyze her feelings for him any longer. Yes she had a huge crush on Ondrew but that man was a mystery to her besides being clearly out of her league. It was sweet how he protected her but she also didn’t feel completely safe around him. His deadly eyes from that morning still hunted her…even though he greeted her. Ondrew was hiding something. The more she thought about it the more she was sure. Nothing is what it seems and he wasn’t lying when he said he wasn’t the kind of man she thought he was. However was he better or worse?!

To avoid him she decided to miss the painting session for that day and hide on the library instead studying with some of her friends, including that Japanese girl from the first day at the club.

Despite settling with her plan, Mia decided to go to the bathroom and curiosity made her peek outside to where the wall was. She was sure Ondrew wouldn’t be there, further more when he was wearing an expensive suit he couldn’t spoil. However he was there, still wearing the suit, his styled hair perfectly combed and probably fixed with dozens of hair products. Mia watched him for a while. He wasn’t painting. He was doing something else and she couldn’t see what.

Curiosity won and she decided to say goodbye to her friends and met him so she could see what he was doing.

“Hey!” He said when he noticed her behind him looking at his masterpiece. “Is this what you wanted?” He stepped back admiring his work.

His eyes were set on her while she examined the drawing he made, the same ones they planned at the library before.

“Yes.” It was perfect, just like she imagined.

“We only need to paint it now.” He placed his hands on his waist admiring his work a pleased smile on his face. The same one that made Mia heart skip a beat.

“I’m sorry.” She said claiming his attention to her again. “I didn’t show up today and….because I was confused with what happened yesterday.”

“It’s ok.” He said ignoring her and collected the materials he used dusting his suit.

“Are you mad at me?” She asked helping him, cleaning his suit with her hands.

“For what?” He asked, ignoring the materials and watching her touch his coat instead, making her too self-conscious.

“For calling you spoiled….well kinda.”

“It’s true. But it’s not my fault I was raised like that. Right?”

“True.”

“First impressions are not always right!”

 She walked after him with some of the materials so they could put them away at the club room.

He walked graciously with his long legs and even though she was tall she had to run after him.

“That’s true…” She wanted to know him better and get rid of that bad impression she had of him.

Suddenly Ondrew stopped when a crying  blonde girl, showed up in front of him. Her lip was a little bloody and her clothes were a mess, as if she dressed up too quickly forgetting to brush her hair. Mia saw her before, hanging around Ondrew and his lousy friends, including the jerk that kissed her.

“What’s wrong?” Mia asked and the girl looked from her to Ondrew again.

“He….You were right….He…” The girl cried again, covering her face as if she was ashamed of what she was going to say.

Mia observed how Ondrew bit his lip, his deadly eyes settled on the girl. He immediately placed the materials on Mia arms that struggled to grab the cans of paint, papers and pencils the best she could.

“What are you going to do?” She asked confused.

He looked at her, pain in his eyes “Can you put this away from me? I have something to do. Thank you.”

Mia looked at him in a daze wondering why was he being so polite but she couldn’t ask him anything else because he grabbed the blonde girl arm and pulled her along with him, disappearing at the end of the corridor.

“Hey what are you going to do with her?”

Mia wasn’t scared that he would hurt her, even though he looked like someone ready to punch anyone who crossed his path but she felt jealous of the way he reacted to the girl despair. Was she his girlfriend? New crush?...However the girl mentioned someone…He

Maybe that jerk. Suddenly she realized what happened and worse what was going to happen. She quickly run to the club. She needed to get rid of all that if she wanted to prevent Ondrew from killing his ex-friend.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

Mia heard the screams before she actually saw Ondrew fighting with that bastard who probably assaulted the girl they met before.

She struggled to pass by the crowd watching the fight hearing some comments along the way.

“What happening?”

“Ondrew showed up with Mei…”

“I thought she was dating Nam-gi.”

“Oh Nam-gi punched Ondrew….”

Mia finally reached the front and she breathless watched Ondrew bleeding from his nose, his suit a total mess and Nam-gi, the one who kissed her, with a bruised face and nose on the floor.

They both were staring at each other, tiredly and you almost could feel the hate they had for each other.

Ondrew eyes didn’t move from his target but Nam-gi looked in her direction. His eyes moving from her to Ondrew, who noticed her too, stepping back slightly.

“I see…” Nam- gi smiled. “You can’t have them all, you know?”

“If you touch her again…”Ondrew paused and Mia wondered if they were still talking about the blonde girl. The way Nam-gi looked at her when Ondrew talked….were they also fighting because of her?! “I swear I’ll…”

“You will what? Punch me? We are not kids anymore Ondrew, and we can share!”

Ondrew groaned while Nam-gi stood up.

“I’ll tell everyone.” Ondrew mumbled but loud enough for the people in the front to hear.

“Oh really?” He crossed his arms as if Ondrew threat was nothing.” Want me to start talking too? Who you really are? Apples don't fall too far from the tree…you are just like me…no worse.  Should I tell what happened to your mom?”

Ondrew stepped forward and punched him again, ready to kick Nam -gi to death. Mia walked forward wondering why no one was stopping that insanity when two men with black suits grabbed Ondrew from over the other man.

Ondrew fought but he wasn’t stronger than those two men that were clearly bodyguards, probably the ones his dad hired to protect him from himself.

They pulled him away screaming. “I’LL ING KILL YOU IF YOU SAY THAT AGAIN!”

“OH YEAH?” Nam-gi screamed back with a smile “AND I’LL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! SHOULD I START WITH HER?”

Everyone looked confused who that Her was but Ondrew seemed to know because he tried to release himself, his screams being heard while he was pulled down the hall. Suddenly students started to go their ways and Mia stared at Nam-gi grabbing a paper tissue from the hand of one of his friends, cleaning his bloody face, his eyes settling on her.

“If I were you I would be careful.”

“Why?” Mia asked feeling light headed. She just saw the guy she liked fighting and acting as if he lost his mind.

“Ondrew carries a heavy load, you should not trust him, he is nuts.” His friend laughed but Mia expression didn’t change.

“Should I trust you instead? A low life ?”

She ignored his surprised face and turned her back on him. Maybe it wasn’t a nice move to tell him that she knew about his secret; that could be dangerous. However he hurt Ondrew in more ways than physically and she hated him for that.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

Mia met Ondrew again by the wall. He was there motionless behind it and not in the front where he did the drawings before. She almost missed him but she saw his black shoes stained with dry blood, probably from his or Nam-gi blood.

She sat by his side and he didn’t move, his head leaning against the wall. He looked awful, he clearly washed his face, but his nose was red, his cheek swollen as much as his hand.

“I thought you went home.” She said so close to him that their shoulders were touching.

“Why? Because I look like a firetruck run over me?” He smiled “I can’t. My dad is at a meeting and he told me to wait here for my driver because he can’t take me looking like this to it.” He actually laughed in the end as if that gave him satisfaction, as if it was his plan to get himself all bloody and bruised to miss the meeting. “My driver is probably searching for me.” He added with a chuckle.

“You did seem very upset…before.” He looked at her and laughed again.

“Upset?”

“I didn’t know how to describe it.” Mia added smiling back.

“Furious? Irritated? Enraged? Violent? Maniac?”

“Are you a dictionary?” Mia asked making him laugh.

“Thank you.” He said swallowing, making her stare at his Adams apple moving.  “I needed to laugh a little.”

“I’m really bad at making people laugh.”

“You helped. You are a good distraction.” He added smiling at her.

“Distraction? Why aren’t you doing something else?”

“What?” he asked curious.

“What guys like you do. Drink…or have with a hot girl.”

Ondrew frowned “You are so mistaken about me.”

“I am? Tell me why then.” She crossed her legs, using her coat, to place her in and watched him.

He straitened his back also she could sit closer to him.

“I don’t have as much as you clearly think I do.”

“You don’t? Ok How many women did you screw last week?”

Ondrew watched her with a serious expression and Mia blushed. “You are really interested in my life. “ She looked away embarrassed making him smirk. “None.”

“Last month then?”

“None.”

“Last 3 months?” Mia frowned. He seemed sincere though.

“Hum a couple of times. I had a girlfriend back then but we broke up.”

“You had a girlfriend. Like a real girlfriend, the kind of ones you date and talk with besides going to bed?”

Ondrew leaned his head against the wall “Well I’m not the kind of monster you seem to think I am. I have feelings like everyone. I smile and cry like you and everyone else. “

Mia bit her lip regretting being so rude to him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. It’s just that you give the impression that…”

“I sleep around? Well I do sometimes. It’s part of my diguise.”

“Disguise?”

“I can’t be myself if I want to reach my objectives.”

“Objectives?” Mia brushed her hair away from her face tucking it behind her ears. “What are you talking about?”

Ondrew glanced at her “I can’t tell you.” He swallowed as if in pain.

“Ok, you protect girls from being , you hit the bad guy and now you act like you are some kind of a super hero. Are you kidding me?”

Ondrew moved from the wall and looked straight at Mia “No. I’m completely the opposite. I wish I could tell you but…”

“It’s a secret. I get it. That’s what Nam-gi was threatening you with earlier. Right?”

Ondrew didn’t answer and looked at his hands on his lap.

“I doubt anything can be worse than several girls and threatening them.” Mia chuckled “It isn’t as if you killed someone and…” He flinched with her words and looked up at her.

“You…you…killed someone?”

Ondrew stood up and offered her his hand “Do you really want to know me? Are you sure you want to do it? Because if you say yes I’ll show you.”

Mia looked at his hand and how she placed hers on his. She wasn’t scared now, he didn’t scare her anymore after she saw him fight. It should have been the opposite but it wasn’t. He had a reason to fight and hide secrets. And she couldn’t wait to know why.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

Mia trembled walking after Ondrew, her hand still on his. They took a bus together with him keeping quiet all the way there and end up at the cemetery, at night. She couldn’t deny that she was scared, all the tombstones and the lack of light besides Ondrew handphone was making her feel as if she was inside a horror movie.

“What are you going to show me?” She asked with her lip trembling from the cold and fear.

Ondrew stopped for a second noticing her scared expression, the light of his handphone directed at her making her blink her eyes. He took of the coat of his suit and covered her shoulders with it, his eyes moving to her legs that her shorts didn’t cover fully. “I’ll offer you something hot to drink after we leave here ok?” he smiled gently and Mia smiled back nodding her head, feeling a lot warmer with his coat against her body.

He pulled her along again and she couldn’t stop thinking how crazy it was that she was holding hands with a rich heir of one of the biggest companies in Korea inside a cemetery at night, with him all bruised, his suit stained with dry blood.

He stooped suddenly, facing a tombstone and Mia read it.

“It’s my mom’s.” He said “I killed her.”

She gasped looking up at him. ”No you didn’t!” She said didn’t why she said it but she was sure he didn’t.

Ondrew eyes moved from the tombstone to her. “Why are you so sure?”

“Because you wouldn’t. I know.”

He smiled softly “No, I didn’t but I feel like I did because I couldn’t protect her.”

He seemed so sad that Mia wasn’t able to control herself and hugged him.

Ondrew didn’t move at first, his arms settling on her back lifeless.

“Whatever happened I’m sure it wasn’t your fault.” She mumbled against his chest.

He didn’t say anything so she moved away just enough to see his eyes. He looked so tired and lost that she cupped his face. “When you were fighting that you were talking about me too right? About protecting me?” She blushed and his silence was his way of saying yes. She was somehow special to him, she wanted to believe she was.

“You know? Even super heroes need to put away their disguises once in a while. If you want to tell me what happened, I’m here.”

He released a sigh, his hands moving to her shoulders, his fingers caressing her neck and cheeks. When she realized his face was inches from hers and Mia trembled again, this time from anxiety not cold.

“I will…” He mumbled inches from her lips. “Can I kiss you first? I’ve been dying to do that for a long time.”

“D-dying at a cemetery...I get it.” Both chuckled their laughter dying, silence claiming the cemetery again. Ondrew wanted to kiss her, desperately and Mia couldn’t say no to that because she had the same desire.

“So?” He asked. It was actually beautiful how a womanizer like him was asking her for permission.

“Why are you even asking?” she said sure that she sent him all the signs that she wanted to be kissed a long time ago.

“Because you said to take off the disguise. This is me. I don’t kiss girls I really want to kiss without their permission.”

Mia moved her hands down his chest, feeling the soft fabric of his shirt before leaning in, kissing him. He didn’t deserve to kiss her.

That Ondrew, the new Ondrew deserved to be kissed by her.

The kiss was short because her body betrayed her, trembling on his arms making him smile against her lips.

He moved his hands on her arms warming her up, his lips still brushing against her, stealing little kisses from hers once in a while, his eyes on hers.

“Let’s go somewhere warmer.” He said “I’m going to tell you everything.”

Mia wasn’t sure if she preferred to freeze to death or know about his secrets. 

 

Winter

“Hey!” Onew said from behind Charlotte making her jump and almost pour her coffee all over herself. “I haven’t seen you much around.”

A week passed ever since their “date” that turned out to be more like an opportunity for Onew to talk with someone about his problems than actually a real date.

Of course he didn’t see her around much lately. Since that morning after the date that he ignored her on the teacher’s room she avoided him to the point that she didn’t see him for days.

“I was busy.” She lied. If only he knew how pathetic she felt, how she cried at night because she was stupid to have fallen in love with him. Somehow she built a stupid romantic fantasy around him, thinking that she would heal his wounds, that she was the women he was searching for. She didn’t even know if he was searching for romance at all.

“Busy that you can drink your coffee with the other teachers and come here instead?” He asked sitting by Charlotte side on the wall just in front of the park where the kids were playing.

She glanced at him, looking away quickly. He looked so handsome wearing his glasses, his hair perfectly combed and wearing that red shirt that fitted him so well, highlighting his chest muscles.  It should be illegal to dress like that, to be irresistible like that.

“I feel better here.” It was true actually. That room was filled with his fangirls and a group of fake people who were only interested in work politics. There were few she could trust.

“You are right. It’s better here. Sometimes people can be so scary.”

She drank the rest of her coffee before looking at him.

“Scary?”

“Yes. They pretend to be someone they aren’t and once they reveal themselves they bring others down with them.” Was he speaking about his wife or maybe about himself?

“Who?” She asked blushing when he looked at her as if he was perplexed that he talked too much again.

“You always make me blabber. How do you do it?” He completely ignored her question and Charlotte sulked.

“I’m not a therapist ok?” She stood up and threw the coffee cup on the trash bin on her left side. “So please don’t treat me like one.”

He grabbed her arm gently and stood up too. “Do you think I invited you for dinner because of that right?”

“Well you completely ignored me the next day so…”

Onew tilted his head observing her and Charlotte tried to disregard his actions. “I didn’t ignore you. I was busy pretending to be someone I’m not.” His hand moved on her arm but he didn’t release her.

“Pretending? So you are one of those people you mentioned?”

“No. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He released her arm “Look, I’ve been through a lot in the past and the way I found to deal with it was to just plaster a smile on my face and live like that. When you do people don’t ask questions, they don’t try to find out about your past and your wounds…well most people don’t. You clearly aren’t like most people.”

“Is that a compliment?” Charlotte asked making him chuckle. That was the first time he was being sincere with her and she was thankful.

“Yes. It certainly is…” He locked eyes with her and for a second Charlotte thought he would kiss her, which would be madness to do so in the middle of the school yard.

Onew grabbed her arm again, his fingers moving down her arm and grabbing her hand. Charlotte felt her heartbeat quicken and she looked at his hand holding hers.

“Saturday I’m going to start painting Eun Sun bedroom and I could use some help.”

“I’ve never painted a wall.” Charlotte managed to say, her eyes getting lost on his again. Where they talking about walls or something else?

“It’s ok. I only want you to be there.” The way he said it with a low voice made her weak on her knees. Only her…he wanted her, on his apartment that he shared with his daughter. He was letting her enter his life so he could push her away the next day again.

“Will you come? Eun Sun will love it and I will too. Please?” Was Onew actually pleading her to go, his eyes moving from hers to her lips making her release her hand immediately afraid he would notice the way her pulse went crazy over his touch, over the way he regarded her.

“No.” She used all her strength to say that and he looked at her in a sad way before his icy eyes came back.

“You are mad with me.”

“No. I can’t do this. I can’t keep being your therapist. I can’t keep entering your life and then being pushed away again.”

“I’m not pushing you away.”

“Yes you are. You said you pretend around people.”

“Not you.”

“Ok then tell me. Tell me what happened with Eun Sun mom and why she always talks about being abused in the past!”

Onew frowned upset looking away, clearly not approving her questions and yet he didn’t deny any of what she said.

Was Eun sun really abused?

“Did someone really hurt her?” Charlotte asked touching her chest.

He looked back at her “Why do you even care about her or me?”

“She is only a child and my student and besides I love you…” Charlotte steeped back realizing what she said. She just confessed to him.

Onew watched her for a second, expressionless, before walking away and leaving her behind.

What was that? Why didn’t he say anything?

Charlotte let herself fall back and sat on the wall again. What was she doing?!

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

Apparently now it was Onew time to ignore Charlotte because he stopped being on the teacher room and every time they crossed the same hallway he wouldn’t even look at her, or would look away.

His attitude made Charlotte feel even worse about what she said and felt. She hoped that her love for him would disappear but instead she felt herself passing by his class room and peeking inside the window of it at his figure erasing the blackboard or just placing his things inside his bag.

Being away from him wasn’t helping at all and that was showing on the way she was so absentminded lately.

“What are you doing?” Eun sun asked when Charlotte was gluing the English alphabet on a big board all the kids made.

Charlotte stole a glance at the girl, that just entered the empty classroom where she was, and smiled before returning to her work. She had Onew smile and that was painful. Even looking at the little girl reminded her of her dad.

“Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be going home?”

“Daddy is busy talking with Hana mom. She was playing during class today.”

“Oh I see!” Charlotte said gluing the C next to a car.

“You are just like daddy! “ Eun Sun said playing with one of her side ponytails.

Charlotte stopped what she was doing and finally gave a good look at the girl in front of her. Eun Sun had the same hair color than her dad, her nose and eyes were different but she also had the same smile. She was wearing a blue simple dress and her red boots that she seemed to love even though it wasn’t raining.

“Why am I like your dad Eun Sun?”

“You didn’t answer my question. Daddy doesn’t answer them lately too. He keeps staring and the walls and I don’t know why. I think he is in pain.”

“Pain?” Was he sick and Charlotte didn’t know?!

“Love pain!” Charlotte paled watching Eun Sun giggle. “That’s what grownups feel when they can’t be with the person they love right? Hana told me that. She is older and is on daddy’s class but she is my neighbor and sometimes I stay at her house. She says her uncle is in love with a cat fairy and he keeps looking at the walls as if he wasn’t here. Love pain!”

Charlotte wasn’t listening to the little girl anymore, most of what she said didn’t have much sense to her anyway.

“Teacher?” Eun Sun moved a hand in front of Charlotte eyes “You are in love too right? You put the O letter of One before C.” O…Onew…

Charlotte looked back at her board realizing that Eun Sun was right, in all she said.

“I know with whom daddy is in love.”

Charlotte eyes moved back to the little girl again. “Who?”

“You. Of course.” The girl jumped from her seat in front of Charlotte to the floor “He keeps looking at you when he sees you…and he opened his eyes like this” She mimicked it with her hands helping her eyes open “when he saw you with that man yesterday.”

“Man?” Charlotte recalled her talking with a parent outside the school. So he saw and probably mistook that father for someone else.

“He was jealous. I also know what that is…it’s really bad. I don’t like that. After love, that comes up. That’s why you need to stop loving my daddy ok? Love is bad!”

Eun Sun wasn’t smiling anymore and she approached Charlotte grabbing her hand. “I like my daddy a lot. He is the only one I have and I like you teacher. I don’t want you to die. I don’t want daddy to kill you.”

“What are you talking about Eun Sun?”

“Please only be daddy friend ok? Ask him to be only your friend ok? Come paint my bedroom and tell him that please? I don’t want to lose you both.”

The little girl hugged Charlotte and she pulled her to her lap.

Clearly something was very wrong on the way that girl saw how love worked. Charlotte kissed the girl head. “Daddy will never hurt me ok?”

“You don’t know. Please say you are only his friend.” The girl insisted crying against her teacher’s chest.

Charlotte eyes moved from the girl to the door where Onew was watching them, his eyes weren’t cold anymore, instead it was as if all happiness left him. Eun Sun wasn’t the only one who longed for love and at the same time was afraid of it.

Charlotte couldn’t lie to Eun Sun. She couldn’t be only Onew friend. Not when she loved him like that, and not if he loved her back as if he seemed to.

“I’m already your daddy friend and I’ll go and paint the wall of your bedroom ok?” Charlotte eyes didn’t leave Onew and he nodded briefly, his eyes wet before he looked away. “Daddy won’t hurt me. No one will get hurt ok?” Eun Sun looked up at her teacher.

“Do you promise?”

“Of course. I won’t let that happen and I never lie.” Her eyes moved to Onew who was looking at her again “I promise!”

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

“Thank you for coming!” Eun Sun screamed jumping into Charlotte arms that leaned down to catch her.

“Thank you.” Onew said too, wearing an old white t-shirt that was bluer than white now, and a pair of old jeans.

Charlotte was a copy of him, wearing one of her oldest purple t-shirts and blue jeans.

“I can’t paint. Daddy doesn’t let me. But he says I can go play with Hana.”

“Daddy is right. Painting walls is not for little girls like you.”

Eun Sun nodded before pulling Onew arm to make him bend forward so she could kiss his cheek and walked outside the apartment.

“Hana is the daughter of my neighbors, we are closed. I’m a big friend of her uncle, the one who played the piano?”

“You mean Lee? My neighbor?”

“Yes.”

The world was a small place when you think about it.

“Really thank you for coming.” He repeated while she followed him to a hall occupied with some furniture and card boxes filled with toys.

The window of Eun Sun room was open, the sun illuminating the room and Onew grabbed the paint roller continuing his work.

“What should I do?” Charlotte asked.

“Nothing. Just be there.” He said smiling.

“You got to be kidding me. I didn’t come here to watch you paint.”

“No you came here because Eun sun asked you to.” And because she asked her to be only his friend. He left that out but both knew it.

“I’m sorry about what happened the other day in the classroom. Eun Sun is very confused.”

He didn’t even look at her and Charlotte placed herself in front of him making him stop painting.

“You will get dirty!” he warned but she pushed him back.

“I think we need to talk if we want this to work.”

“This?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“I need to know what you feel about me, about us.” Charlotte said braver than ever. Her heart was a total mess but that was needed if she wanted to decide to fight for him or give up completely.

Onew placed the roll on the paint bucket making it splash to the floor. “!” he mumbled turning around.

“Oh no, you don’t run away!” Charlotte said placing herself quickly in front of him. “You are so much like Eun Sun, Onew and you can’t pretend in front of me. She is scared and she isn’t the only one.” He smiled fakely trying to put the mask on again but Charlotte cupped his face. That wasn’t going to work on her, not now that she was figuring him out.

“What scares you?”

He closed his eyes as if he couldn’t bear to look at her “You.” he mumbled making her release him.

“Me?” what was so scary about her.

“You!” he repeated opening his eyes “ever since you entered my life I can’t pretend anymore, not when you are around. That’s why I avoided you and ignored you because when I’m with you I can’t close my heart.”

“Then don’t close it!” she mumbled grabbing his arms.

“I HAVE TO!”

“Why?” she asked confused “do you have feelings for me is that it?” she swallowed searching his eyes “Is Eun Sun right? Do you also love me?”

He didn’t answer instead he released himself from her hold and pulled her to him, his lips crashing against hers.  Charlotte whimpered against him, their lips moving together perfectly as she always wanted, his hand caressing her cheek, his fingers tangling on her hair and pulling her closer as if it was possible.

He moved away leaving her breathless. “See why I can’t close it?” he asked rubbing his nose against hers.

“That’s a good reason not to close it.” She mumbled making him smile beautifully. His lips briefly kissing hers again, before he released her.

Even though they weren’t touching anymore they were still closer.

“I love you.” He confessed intertwining his fingers with hers. “But as you probably noticed I’m very messed up. Me and Eun Sun we had a lot of problems in the past. Even though I try to give her a normal life there are things I can’t erase from her, or me…”

“It’s ok!” Charlotte caressed his cheek that had a blue smudge on it “Everyone has scars and maybe someday you will be able to tell me. Do you think you can do it? Do you think you can let me in and try to heal you?”

“Since I can’t shut up when I’m around you…yes.” He swallowed looking away as if he was even scared of thinking about it. “I’ll do my best.”

“I can wait. I’m very patient. It’s important to be when you work with kids.”

He smiled kissing her again, the wall completely forgotten.  His fingers moved on her skin, and over her lips to her neck. “I dirtied your shirt and cheek.”

She looked down at herself, at her stained t-shirt.

“It’s ok. I came prepared for this!”

“Really?” he raised his eyebrow not thinking about painting but something else.

Charlotte smiled back touching his nose. “You should ask me on a real date so we can talk about anything you want, not necessary your past ok?”

“Stay and have dinner with me today. Eun Sun goes to sleep early.”

“Won’t she freak out to see me having dinner here?” Charlotte asked, the memory of how she reacted on the classroom before, very fresh on her mind.

“No, it’s ok.” Onew answered pulling her and his hand to his chest. “She will understand eventually. She likes you a lot.” He kissed her hand on his and then kissed Charlotte again.

“NO!” Eun Sun screamed from the door making both step away from each other. “YOU PROMISED!” The little girl cried looking at Charlotte in anger.

“Eun Sun!” Onew called walking to grab her.

“HE IS GOING TO KILL YOU! I WARNED YOU!” The girl ran away and Onew went after her.

“Stay here!” he asked Charlotte before running after his daughter outside the apartment.

Charlotte looked in terror at the door from where they left, the face of horror of Eun Sun when she saw them kiss, hunting her mind.

According to what she heard, Eun Sun mom killed herself but what if Onew did something to her out of jealousy. Was that possible? Was that adorable lost man that treated his daughter like a princess be capable of doing that?!

He said that some people pretend to be someone else until the day they hurt others revealing their true personality. Maybe he was really talking about himself.

NO. That was impossible, that gentle man couldn’t be a killer, he was the hero on Eun Sun drawings…then who was that black figure? The enemy? Who was him?!

 

How easy it would be to show me how you feel

More than words is all you have to do to make it real

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me

Cause I'd already know

 

Hi. Im sorry it took a while. Im so inspired lately but sadly im moody or tired and cant write. But here it is and huge chapter. As you probably already noticed this fic chapters are named after the months. December will be the last one, so we are currently in the middle of it. Im not sur eI have material to keep this workign until then. Hope so. 
Also if you havent noticed already some of my Onews are connected...actualy maybe all of them...we already know the connection between Onew and Lee...well a part of it...soon you will know more. Also eery character has a mistery as you probably already noticed too. Jinki mistery is solved pretty easily. However you still need to find out about the others....so keep reading and maybe guessing. 

What is your favorite story so far? Winter misterious cold Onew? Spring inocent cute Jinki? Summer hot hero Ondrew? Fall passionate talented Lee?

Which one is your favorite? 

thanks for reading, please comment, fav, etc...