2.0

What Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    She hasn’t made up her mind about them quite yet, she decided as she sat at the edge of the stage, looking over the group.

     When she had came in and met them, after profusely apologizing to them, there seemed to be two distinctive reactions to her. The first was shown by the members she now knew as V, or Taehyung, and J-Hope. The reaction being one full of smiles and questions and some cutely mispronounced English on Taehyung’s part. 

     They greeted her warmly, smiles and laughs in abundance among those two. The other reaction was something she’d describe as shy, though not quite timid, just that she guessed they didn’t really know how to act around her. She didn’t blame them, what with the language barrier and the fact that they probably haven’t spent much time around foreign women before.

    She cleared and got their attention. “Okay guys, I know it’s getting late, but I have someplace I’d like to show you before you leave, okay?”

    She didn’t really expect any refusals from them, and she didn’t get any. They all followed her obediently, trying and failing to whisper to each other in Korean. She half guessed whatever they were saying was about her, or else there wouldn’t be a need to whisper. She just chuckled and shook her head softly.  

 

...

 

“Uhm, so uh, how old are you?” She turned her head to look at Namjoon— because no way in hell was she gonna call him Rap Monster— and raised her eyebrow.

“Well that’s a little blunt don’t you think?” She asked back, quickly putting her eyes back on the road.

“Ah,no, no, no, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean anything bad by it! In, uh, in Korea, we have different names for people depending on if— if they’re older or younger than us. It’s like a— a, um respect thing, ya know?” He was shaking his obnoxiously fast and she couldn’t help but smile at how scared he looked that he might’ve offended her.

“Oh that’s fine then, I’m actually two years older than …Seokjin, right?” She said, turning her head slightly and looking at the oldest boy in the backseat for confirmation that she got is name right.

    Namjoon’s eyes widened slightly and he quickly relayed the message to s. Simultaneously she heard gasps and utterances of surprises from behind her. Taehyung’s bright head of hair shot forward through the gap between the driver’s and passenger’s seats.

“You, old?” He asked looking between her and Namjoon quickly. She heard Namjoon answer him and again a sound of amazement came front the boys mouth. 

“Is it that hard to believe?” She asked the group, chuckling at their cute reaction. 

    She heard multiple responses come from the group, all of which she obviously didn’t understand. She looked to Namjoon briefly, hoping he’d explain a little. 

“Ah, it’s a little weird, we all thought you were,uhm, around mine and J-Hope’s age.” He said, nervously smiling.

“You two are like 20 right?” She asked, “Nah, I’m 24, god I’m getting old.” She said jokingly.

    Conversation lulled as she continued to their destination. It got quiet in the van and while she was okay with it, she glance at the others in the back and saw that they were fidgeting, obviously still feeling awkward around her.

    She glanced around, looking for something to ease the atmosphere. 

“Do you guys want to listen to some music?” She asked them, glancing back as she caught their attention. She was answered with quick head nods, and repeated ‘yeahs!’ from Taehyung.

“Alright then, here Namjoon, take my phone and look around till you find something you like, ok?” She quickly plugged her phone into the radio and handed it to Namjoon.

“Ah, uh ok.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter