Autumn: A New Beginning

4 Seasons

"Ooff" I collapsed onto my bed, completely and utterly exhausted. Well Kim. You're here. No more small town Arkansas, no more little of nowhere, no more country girl. Nope, here's your new home....San Antonio, Texas.

 

I know I know. You were expecting more of an 'upgrade' right? Something like New York, London, Paris.....but nope. This is where my parents' jobs rellocated them to and where I'll be spending the last two years of high school in.

 

Not that I'm against it....really. anything's better than back there. Not that I had any particular reservation against Arkansas....it's just that being the only Asian girl in the whole school came with a whole lot of racist comments and annoying blah blah blah. San Antonio will be better and more diverse.....at least that's what I've been deluding myself to think. >.<

 

But you know what? Even if San Antonio is just as bad, or even worse, I'm going to make a stand! I will be great! I will get all As! Captian of a sports team! Win scholarships!

 

LOLOLOLOL. Hehe. How patheticly unrealistic it all was. I slumped down back into my previous position onto the bed groaning. Can someone just shoot me now-

 

Without fail, less than a minute later, my little brother ran into the room with a lightsaber. Pah!!! He yelled, holding it out. Clicking the button on the side, he the toy creating a shimmering blue hue. Beautiful ain't it? Right as it comes smashing down onto your exposed back!

 

"Jep!!" I groaned. "What are you doing?" He smiled innocently. "Killing a fly on your back." My brows furrowed. "What even....?" He smiled and ran away with a wave. Urgh this is going to be a long day. I just want to sleep....

 

The blackness came slowly, in little waves. It didn't consume me. Almost. But someone interrupted yet again.

 

"Kim!" My mom. What does she even want? I was almost asleep. "I'm kicking you out."

 

I bolted up at that one. "What??!!!"

 

"Not in that way haha. I mean I want you to get out of the house and explore a bit. Maybe make some new friends."

 

"Ehhhhhh. I'll be antisocial today mom, thanks though." I waved her off and fell back into my bed.

 

"If you don't get up I'll force you and your little sister to be in the same room by yourselves all day tomorrow!" Needless to say, I found myself outside a few minutes later. Anything to escape my sis.

 


 

 

What exactly am I supposed to do now I wondered as I strolled through the crowds of people downtown. The buildings were taller and more impressive than the scattered homes and plains of Arkansas. I wonder if-

 

My thoughts were interrupted as a guy grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into him. "What do you think you're doing?" I yelled attempting to free myself.

 

Oh...... The guy was hot. Really hot. Maybe this isn't so bad. The guy gestured towards the road. I was so out of it that I almost walked into a road full of traffic. Wincing, I looked up at the guy.

 

"Oh....sorry....and thank you for saving me" I smiled weakly. He returned the grin.

 

"You're new around here aren't you?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Well just make sure to be more careful next time" he said gently. "What's your name?"

 

"Kim."

 

"Pretty name." I blushed. "And yours?"

 

"I'm Jin."